Thread: Mini fridge hydro grow advice
Reply to Thread

Unsubscribe from this Thread
Tags: advice, fridge, grow, hydro, mini
Mini fridge hydro grow advice
DankyTexan said:
Yesterday 03:15 PM
Mini fridge hydro grow advice
I'm looking to get one of the bigger of the mini styles and convert to a hydroponic set up for 2 plants. I'll be doing this in an insulated attic so it begin to get muggy in may or early June. so I'm looking for advice on keeping a hot humid attic the right temp. I have looked into hooking up an AC thermostat up to the fridge cooling system, so that way outside temps wouldn't affect the fridge inside. It would turn on and off at certain temps I decided to keep the grow enviro in the right range. How would I deal with the humidity up there?

What I need help with or advice:

I'm looking for bang for my buck DIY to the max to make this system almost self sufficient I want to have to add water and nutrients and have my fridge do the rest, other than pruning etc. I have electrical/automation experience so I am gonna build a circuitry once I get my equipment down.

Lighting (want to go with leds, need affordable brands and wattage I should go with.

Ventilation (want to incorporate a carbon filter it needs to be smell proof.)

Hydro system design (most efficient and best working system or style setup.)

Will I need to top the plants or add netting, what can I do to not crowd the plants but get a higher end yield?

I'm looking for growers plan for my criteria basically.

As a first time grower using Hyrdo, i am learning that heat will be an issue for you. Have a plan to keep your reservoir temps cool. Your attic will get hot. Consider a fresh air intake and a remote reservoir in a more cool location. Carbon filters work and i like the one i am using but i cannot remember the one i am using. Consider venting through a soffit vent. Home improvement stores have fixtures that are just for it. Inline fans and ducting should be in a straight as line as possible for max efficiency and i recommend you get a plug in fan speed regulator.
Mars LED's are inexpensive, rugged our sponsor and are easy to use. One plant and train for max yield or a bunch and hope for more buds. Dude that debate is probably as old as the chicken or the egg debate. Go as big as space as you can, you wont regret having too much space.
DISCLAIMER: I AM A NOOBIE. THESE ARE MY OBSERVATIONS FROM PURCHASING A TON OF STUFF AND GROWING FOR 4 WEEKS HYDRO.

Back
Top Bottom