Mini Fridge Stealth Grow - Bag Seed

Izraphel420

Hey guys, after a lot of trial and error I have finally decided to grow for the first time. I was on a budget so I didn't want to buy a tent or anything. The key word here is "was" seeing as I f***** up a couple of times trying to build my first stealth cab and wasted about $75 worth of supplies. I ended up deciding to go with a mini fridge grow because it has a lot of good aspects for budget builds. Ok so I took this old mini fridge and got started. I would show you guys the process I went through in building it but the photos got deleted. Anyway here are the stats

1. Lights - cfls I'm using (2) 42 watt bulbs and (3) 23 watt bulbs
I'm using cfls because of the low heat output and they are cheaper than LEDs

2. Airflow- I'm using a 4 inch inline fan that I fitted into the back wall of the mini fridge using a drill and saw to cut the hole I also have two passive intake holes on the bottom side walls about 2inches by 2inches a piece. This creates a airtight seal caused by negative air pressure.

3.soil or hydroponics? - this go around I am using soil because it is my first grow and some things are just easier to leave to Mother Nature and I don't think you can really go to wrong with soil as long as the plant has what it needs. One major note it that I'm using mirical gro potting soil because I don't have access to anything else at the moment but I've seen good results with it so far so we'll see

As I am new to this I welcome all input and advise and look forward to seeing your guys' input. Thank you and here are some
image9616.jpeg
image9618.jpeg
pics of izabella(plant) and the setup right now.

Hey Izraphel, welcome to the community first off. Nice mini fridge setup, super stealthy :thumb: she looks over watered, how often have you been watering? Let the soil dry out and she'll perk up. Also how are your temps. Too cool can make them droop too. Hope the fridge isn't running :rofl:, too stealthy lol.. Good luck and...

KiG :green_heart:Cheers

Hey Izraphel, welcome to the community first off. Nice mini fridge setup, super stealthy :thumb: she looks over watered, how often have you been watering? Let the soil dry out and she'll perk up. Also how are your temps. Too cool can make them droop too. Hope the fridge isn't running :rofl:, too stealthy lol.. Good luck and...

KiG :green_heart:Cheers

lol i think i over watered her a little to much and its been cold in the house so shes been in the 70s the past few days. and no the fridge isnt running :rofl:
lol

Ok guys so it's day 9 and izabella is looking awesome. I'm not going to feed her any nutrients or anything like that until i see that see needs it correct me if I'm wrong?
image10015.jpeg
I'm only going to update every few days so you guys can actually see progress and not a bunch of boring filler stuff. Basically if nothing happens I'm not going to bother you with having to read about nothing happening ya dig :cool:

Ok guys/gals here is Isabella day 13 looking very healthy. She's already starting her side branches to get bigger and bulkier wish I knew what strain she was though :( oh well still love her.
image36781.jpg

Looks good. To optimize lighting lower the light or raise the plant on the shelf until the lights are only a couple inches above the plant.

Already ahead of you man I have it on a rack so it sits close to the light I just move her down so you can see her a little better. Thanks for checking out the thread man and I appreciate the tip.

Also I would like to add that my seeds just came in the mail and I'm super excited .in all I have 3 auto fem northern lights, 1 fem dinafem og kus, 2 regular afghan here are the pics I won't show how they came to protect the senders but shipping only took a week and a half international so I am very pleased with the buying process. I got the seeds from herbies because I saw good customer service reviews Wichita is important to me. And I fully recommend them now I just have to test the product btw do you guys think I should wait to plant or go ahead and plant in case the izabella is a male? Thanks for reading guys!
image10281.jpeg

Tough call. I just started myself, so I'm no expert, but size of that fridge may limit you. Just curious, what are the dimensions inside? Could you plant another? Yeah sure. Is that fridge too small for 2? Seems like it but I may be wrong. Amount of light received will determine your plant size.

I'm sure there are a few people doing it, but Cola Monster was growing a few plants in solo cups. These were clones that were mature enough to flower once a light change happened. Some food for thought. Best thing about this site is you can find answers and work out problems no matter what stage your in with a grow. Very useful info here. Has helped me IMMENSELY!!!

EDIT : Before you submit your photos you should rotate them. Find some free photo editing software, or you may have something on your computer, and make sure you edit the photo, rotate picture, and save it. Then upload.

Gaffle, I appreciate the tip on rotating the image but it doesn't work I'm on a iPad and Its s***. Anyway I did start to think about the height of the plants so I set up the lights to be on the Side and caged the up like so. I haven't seen this done before though and am curios to know why it isn't common .
image10484.jpeg
this also will allow my plants to get taller and I can still reach the plant with light on the lower canopies. However my box got way hot with the two 42watts going at the same time so I took one out. My plant actually almost died from the damage lost a whole primary branch and man was she dry. Anyway after me babying her and a cool night she's back to her beautiful self and growing much faster. Here she is now
image10483.jpeg
she's doing well now and I switched to 12/12 a while ago, trying to turn her early so I can go into my NL grow. Still haven't fed her anything I'm using mirical grow potting soil. It's day 17 from seed btw

lookin good man! :thumb: my 1st experience with herbies was amazing, super fast as well. tracking showed it in UK still and I received it lol. space is tight for me, but it's staring to look much nicer outside. do you have no possible space outside? even keeping it small, so you could let the one in there now get a bit bigger?

lookin good man! :thumb: my 1st experience with herbies was amazing, super fast as well. tracking showed it in UK still and I received it lol. space is tight for me, but it's staring to look much nicer outside. do you have no possible space outside? even keeping it small, so you could let the one in there now get a bit bigger?
Appreciate you taking a time to look thanks. And no I don't have any room outside. I'm just going to let her finish and then stat on the NL.

Day 25 and I decided to finally put her in something a little bigger
gger this will be her final pot avg what I will use for now on. She was a little root bound in her other pot I'll update as soon as I start to see pre flowers hopefully they're female!!!
IMG_20160425_185017.jpg

Ok so it's day 28 and I still don't see any preflowers but Isabella is booming with her new pot. I do have a concenrn I don't want to top her but I don't know how tall she's going to get because she's bagseed. That being said I'm pretty sure she's indicate dominant due to the leaves being broader than most satvias can I get a confirmation on that its just she's awfully bushy to be satvia but I have no idea because it the only experience I have in weed is the buds not the plant itself. Here she is three days later.
image36876.jpg

How much more room Do you have in there? Is she on 12/12 already..

She's definitely indica dominant, so that's good for keeping her a shorter. If your space is running low you may need to top or crop it. You could use the cuttings for clones. Good luck, she looks good man!

KiG :green_heart:cheers

How much more room Do you have in there? Is she on 12/12 already..

She's definitely indica dominant, so that's good for keeping her a shorter. If your space is running low you may need to top or crop it. You could use the cuttings for clones. Good luck, she looks good man!

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks man I appreciate you taking the time to check out the grow and letting me know your opinion, I love getting feedback. Let's me learn, and I do love to learn. Anyway yes she is 12/12 from seed actually she should be showing preflowers any day now seeing as she's all ready 31 days old. I'm not sure about topping or cropping lol I don't technically see a problem with her growing to the roof and just naturally bending over seeing that my lights are on the side and out of the way but please let me know because I'm trying to get maximum yield because I'm not starting my NL autos until I finish this grow because it's the only box I have.(yet, I plan on turning my other mini fridge into a led grow box.)

Back
Top Bottom