mini420

What strain is it? Joint Doctor's EasyRyder feminised auto
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 2:1 Roots Organics and FF ocean
If soil... What size pot? 2 gallon
Size of light? 400w HPS
Temp of Room/cab? 83F in 2x2x5' growlab

First time grow! Stealth growlab closet grow.

I'm 10 days from seed. Just upgraded my 125w CFL to a 400w HPS. Still playing around with the light height and intake/exhaust. The CFL hardly produced any heat so this is all new to me. I think I've got it going good at the moment with the light raised almost to the top of my box with a 105CFM axial fan exhausting out the top and a small $10 5" personal desk fan from walmart as an intake along with a couple passive intake vents. Temps been holding steady at 83F for the last few hours. We'll see in the morning.

Pics to come!

I'm not saying you have to, especially not for your first grow, but you should probably look to add a little supplementary blue light while it is vegging. Will be following.

I actually have a 125w 6400K CFL with reflector I could hang in there too. I wasn't sure what to do in this case. The HPS said you could use it all the way through. I'm also using auto's which don't really have much of a veg state. As of right now I'm just going to leave the HPS in there and see how things look in a few days.

Here are some recent pics. Today is day 15 I believe but these photos were taken 2 or 3 days ago. Man I gotta start writing this shit down lol. 2 pics are my plants which are 3 easyryders, 3 NL special, and 1 red dwarf freebie. 1 pic of my new 400w HPS light (MH bulb should arrive tomorrow), and 1 of the top of my tent/exhaust fan. I'll take more pics soon. I know pics make everything more interesting. Damn stoners and their visual needs!

The plants have grown quite a bit over the last few days. The 3 easyryder autos were planted first and are the biggest so far. I just transplanted all 3 to their 3 gallon final containers. I'm giving them "normal strength" Earth Juice bloom and grow nutes. I wish I had researched nutes better before I bought the 2 bottles. I wish I had bought the FF big grow/big bloom/tiger bloom 3 pack instead. I'm going to pick up some FF sledgehammer this weekend. I found a really awesome hydro store about an hour from my house. They have everything you could think of and the prices are awesome. My 400w HPS was only $120. It came with the reflector, bulb, remote ballast, and a 3year warranty on everything. So far the light is a huge step up from the 125w CFL I was using. I paid $80 for that with the reflector. I dunno what I'm going to do with it now. I also ordered a MH conversion bulb that should come in the mail tomorrow. I think I'm off to a very good start for being my first grow. The MH bulb should help too. I know my ladies are craving some blue light!

Any comments/suggestions/info is always welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by!

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/rsz_10010.jpg
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/rsz_0991.jpg
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/rsz_098.jpg
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/rsz_0971.jpg

I'm not saying you have to, especially not for your first grow, but you should probably look to add a little supplementary blue light while it is vegging. Will be following.

Well I've had the MH conversion bulb in since Friday and haven't noticed much change over the course of the weekend but I just realized tonight that my timer has been off. The light has been on 24 hours a day for at least the past 3-4 days, maybe longer. I made sure the timer was on tonight and we'll see how things look over the next few days.

I used a soil test kit with the capsules this weekend. I was at a surplus of Nitrogen and Phosphorus but my Potassium was depleted according to the test kit. My PH was around 7. I bought the Meta-K and Catalyst EJ nutes this weekend. I've already been using the grow and bloom formulas. I gave them some Catalyst yesterday before using the test kit and some Meta-K tonight. I didn't buy the Meta-K until today otherwise I would have used it last night.

I'll post more pics soon.

I wish someone was actually watching and commenting on this!

I transplanted all 3 autos this weekend to 3 gallon growbags using all FFOF mixed with a little coco peat. I'm 30 or so days in was wondering why they haven't begun to flower. They are also only like 6-8inches tall. I put my HPS bulb back in. I don't know why I ran the MH conversion bulb for so long. The HPS bulb has been in for about a day now and I've got some nice pistils popping out of all 3!!! I think the HPS bulb was the trick I needed!

READ MY JOURNAL AND COMMENT!!!!

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom