Minnesotans Can't Smoke Medical Marijuana, But Could They Grow It?

Weedpipe

420 Member
A bipartisan bill introduced in the Minnesota House on Monday could give the state's agricultural sector a boost in the form of a new cash crop: medical marijuana.

Gov. Tim Pawlenty last year vetoed an effort to legalize medical cannibis, but this measure has a different aim – to give farmers the OK to grow pot for export to states where its medicinal use is legal.

The Medical Marijuana Production and Export Act is sponsored by DFL Reps. Phyllis Kahn, Tom Rukavina, Al Juhnke, Tom Huntley and Frank Hornstein, joined by Republican Rep. Jim Abeler.

The Minnesota Independent's requests for comment from the bill's sponsors weren't returned on Wednesday, but the bill spells out its aim:

The purpose of the Medical Marijuana Production and Export Act is to strengthen the state economy and its agricultural sectors by authorizing the development of a regulated medical marijuana production and export industry while maintaining strict control of marijuana.

Currently 14 states allow for the use of medical marijuana, although none are neighbors to Minnesota: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: The Minnesota Independent
Author: Andy Birkey
Copyright: 2006-2009 The Minnesota Independent
Website:Minnesotans can't smoke medical marijuana, but could they grow it?

A big NO on this idea,, This narrow minded idiot, wont let it be legalized for medicinal,,Yet wants to make money from its cultivation...WRONG...:roorrip:

Yeah, while it would be a great source of revenue for the state, what kind of message are they sending? It's saying you don't believe in something, but will take advantage of it because of the money you will reap from it.

Kind of whorish if you think about it. Going against your moral beliefs for money. They need to just educate themselves on what Cannabis is, and what it's effects are on people and the environment. I'm sure many people would be in for a big surprise.

Yeah, while it would be a great source of revenue for the state, what kind of message are they sending? It's saying you don't believe in something, but will take advantage of it because of the money you will reap from it.

Kind of whorish if you think about it. Going against your moral beliefs for money. They need to just educate themselves on what Cannabis is, and what it's effects are on people and the environment. I'm sure many people would be in for a big surprise.

A big NO on this idea,, This narrow minded idiot, wont let it be legalized for medicinal,,Yet wants to make money from its cultivation...WRONG...:roorrip:

Yup & yup.

It doesn't sound any different than the tobacco companies saying "Let's sell these things, but for goodness sake, don't smoke 'em. It's a bad, bad thing."

What? Grow for export, but not for consumption? Are they insane?

That's like saying I HAVE to sell all of my soybeans to the crushers, and can't keep any to feed or plant again next year.

...oh wait, Monsanto is already doing that. My bad...

I thought it was illegal to transport marijuana across state lines. In addition, California or Hawaii has no reason to import marijuana.

I thought it was illegal to transport marijuana across state lines. In addition, California or Hawaii has no reason to import marijuana.
See what ya get for thinking? LOL :roorrip:

I love minnesota, but can't wait for a new governor. This bill is just a bunch of ricockulous BS. Meanwhile, people (like myself) who find tremendous relief from their medicine, continue to suffer for T-Paw's stupidity and feel like criminals for utilizing natures perfect medicine. I don't know much about this new bill, but I suspect it's not at all going to be supported by the governor, which is fine because it's BS anyway. The most recent thing I heard is that they are going to not even bother with an MMJ bill this session as they want to wait for Pawlenty to be gone first. Argh - time for him to go!

Re: Minnesotans Can’t Smoke Medical Marijuana, But Could They Grow It?

Minnesota sucks !! Big time !!

i've got to rise to the defence of Minnesotans. they've just got the same problem as every other state or for that matter the u.s. gov't. too many politicians that are out of touch with the people, reality and truth.

we've got a lota members from minnesota

minnesota is a great state!

So did any of these idiots who sponsor the bill happen to fall into a ice fishing hole head first... the governor said no to medical marijuana and these politicians want to grow it and send it across state lines. This is wrong on so many levels. I think Minnesota should really look at maybe recalling them... You never put horse before the cart. I was wondering why someone said Minnesota sucks... of over 50 years of living I have never heard anyone say anything negative about Minnesota except only in reference to a sporting event. The ones who sponsor the bill are the ones who suck not Minnesota .... Minnesota people are Great . . . Got to love their accent... It is original...

i've got to rise to the defence of Minnesotans. they've just got the same problem as every other state or for that matter the u.s. gov't. too many politicians that are out of touch with the people, reality and truth.

we've got a lota members from minnesota

minnesota is a great state!
You'll never get a trucker to say much good about Minnesota !!

So did any of these idiots who sponsor the bill happen to fall into a ice fishing hole head first... the governor said no to medical marijuana and these politicians want to grow it and send it across state lines. This is wrong on so many levels. I think Minnesota should really look at maybe recalling them... You never put horse before the cart. I was wondering why someone said Minnesota sucks... of over 50 years of living I have never heard anyone say anything negative about Minnesota except only in reference to a sporting event. The ones who sponsor the bill are the ones who suck not Minnesota .... Minnesota people are Great . . . Got to love their accent... It is original...

Ohhhh YA! We MinnesOOOtans have quite an accent, dontcha know. Ya, You betcha!

Actually, not all of us talk like that, but I'm sure it's more than I care to admit. ;)

Mad props to those who came to the defense of us: cold, hearty, funny-talking peeps that we are... Our governor sucks, and apparently some of our legislators are complete morons as well. Alas, I don't think that's too unique either - like User posted it's a problem everywhere in this country, especially at a national level. Bring back Jesse, lol!

Back
Top Bottom