Minty Fresh Bong & other cleaning techniques

AfricanGrower

:slide: Just thought I share something I do when routinely cleaning out my bong.

I mix my alcohol cleaning solution with a cap full of my favorite mouthwash and when I am done cleaning, I get a subtle mint flavor upon each pull. It lasts for a couple of days then the flavor starts to die off.

Anyone one else ever try this? Or does anyone else have specific cleaning rituals for their bongs/pieces/etc?

20130910_212700.jpg

I had to switch to VAPE. I had to stop all bong usage, I have broken every glass bong I've owned before it needed cleaning. I like the mouthwash idea, if you mixed 90% isopropyl alc. w/ that mouthwash (50/50mix), add a handful of staples (anything hard w/ sharp edges), then shake well, that bong will be spotless!

Back in the days, we'd just throw one of those denture cleaning tablets (Efferdent?) with fresh water and let it fizz for awhile. Always had a minty flavor for the first couple of uses after. I don't know if they even make that stuff anymore.

I like that idea Alloy, would the carbonation of the tablets be enough to clean that sticky resin though?

I'm going to be trying out this new line of bong cleaner that you buy in a concentrated form. Only 1-2 drops in the bong while you smoke, and the drops strips the smoke of the resin, leaving the glass cleaner between uses.

Btw welcome to the site Alloy, I hope you find that this place is very helpful and communal. You should feel right at home here;)

If you want your bong/pipe clean, you really just need a good organic solvent. Acetone is a really great solvent, but get the pure stuff from a hardware store instead of nail polish remover, which tends to be diluted. Agitation works well to speed up the cleaning process, which is essentially what trichomes method of using staples does (that shouldn't scratch the glass). A better solution (but costs a little money) is to use a sonicator (AKA ultrasonic bath). Fill up a glass container with acetone and immerse your piece in it, cover with aluminum foil, then put it in the sonicator (with some water in the basin) for 10 minutes. If its still dirty after 10 minutes go for longer. I am a scientist so I have access to a nice sonicator in my lab, but you can pick one up on ebay for pretty cheap. They are usually listed as tools for cleaning jewelry. Search for "ultrasonic cleaner" or "ultrasonic bath". The most common manufacturer is Branson.

Back
Top Bottom