Miracle Gro liquid nutes

noobie97

Yeah I know the're not the best, but it's all I can use. I'll have something better when it's time to flower them. The npk is 15-30-15. I mixed at quarter strength (1/4 teaspoon per gallon). But, because I mix it so weak I use it everytime I water it, which is about every 3-4 days.

My question is, am I not using enough? It's growing well, but i looked at the bottom leaves, and the're starting to yellow a bit. I think it's starving, not nute burn.

My plant is about 9 inches tall, I just topped it 3 days ago and there are 2 new shoots with 9 fingered leaves. It's under 210 watts of HPS. I'll have pictures up tommarow night if that will help.

It does sound like you're not useing enough MG. What you're using is a fowering mix. A good veg mix will be higher in Nitrogen (N). A flowering mix is higher in Phosphorus (P) like yours. You can slowly increase the strength, but watch for nute burn. Sounds like you know what your doing. Looking forward to pics.
Vin

hi man so your useing miracle gro try start with 20-20-20 and growth pluse thene use 10-52-10 and growth pluse . I use this for my frist grow and now 3 part flora series that what i'm useing..good luck man

hey man .water...feed ...feed ,,,water .. ph 6.5-7.0 ..... or your going to kill your plaints man good LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey man .water...feed ...feed ,,,water .. ph 6.5-7.0 ..... or your going to kill your plaints man good LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not true. The pH is relative to the type of growing you are doing. If it is in soil , whcih can adapt very easily, you can get way from 5.7 - 6.5. if it;s in hydro you would want it at thew lower end of that spectrum. 7.0 PH is way to high!!!

If you water and fert w/distilled water, you wont have to worry about pH till much later in your grow. IMHO

Vinter: Would you say that would be the case for Hydro as well ? I am looking to do one ebb/flow show, but dont want to spend the $$ on a ph tester ... but know I eventually will ..

Don't know much about hydro. I have read that you have to change the water every 2 weeks or so. Ask Udedpal or NDW4M. They both do a mainly hydro.
Vin

Ahh ok, thanks. My buddy does dirt and never checks his pH levels. Always worked for him. I'm too paranoid about that sort of stuff and have to know ..

I run ebb systems. Ph waivers up in down. Always adding ph down. It rises every day it seems. Nature of ebb systems dude. Don't know about drip or DWC aka bubblers.

I just learned a valuable leson this week in checking the pH of your soil. I made up my own soil mix for my vegitable seedlings. After about 3 weeks they started turning yellow. I checked my ph, it was over 8! I flushed everything pretty heavily late last week, but it was still very high, so today everything got transplanted. I don't think my tomatoes will servive. All I can do is pray that my Lowryders do. They were only a week old, but already had a pretty extensive root system. PH is very important.
Vin
P.S. that site was a nice find spacegrinders. Thanks for sharing it w/everyone.

P.S. that site was a nice find spacegrinders. Thanks for sharing it w/everyone.

Not a problem. I;ve beenr reading it all day! Some really good ideas in there for cooling your HPS lights, making an ebb flow system, LOTS! Enjoy, I have!

Cool guys, thanks for the help. I'll try to get some ferts higher in nitrogen. Does adding hyrogen peroxide really help? How much would I use?

noobie97 said:
Cool guys, thanks for the help. I'll try to get some ferts higher in nitrogen. Does adding hyrogen peroxide really help? How much would I use?
Can't hurt. I have never seen any documentation on what strength of peroxide to use, but personally, I wouldn't use it full strength. Peroxide carries an aditional oxygen molecule, but this molucule is not very stabel, which tends to make peroxide a bit corosive towards living cells. especially young roots. I haven't seen any detrimental effects w/half strength peroxide.
Vin

Of course, a much cheaper, but possibly less effective way to get oxygen to your roots is to shake up your water very well right before you water your plants. This will disolve some O2 into the water.
Vin

I found some info on Hydrogen Peroxide, but I'm not even going to try it. I'll probably just do your idea vinter.

I tied my plants down about 12 hours ago, and the've already reacted to it.

Thanks for the help guys.

YVW, that's what everyone comes here for. The more you learn, the more you'll be able to help others. Where did you find this info. on peroxide? How did your plants react?

Back
Top Bottom