Miracle-Gro Plant Food?

T.O.

so I picked up this all purpose plant food way back when I didnt know too much about growing, but since Ive decided to try the "hempy bucket" I was wondering if I could use this stuff. package reads 24-8-16 and the only directions it gives are to mix 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of h2o. Also it says it feeds both roots and leaves so if anything I might just use it as a foilar feed even tho its not suggested for indoor plants. Any info is appreciated.:allgood:

read the label does it have trace minerals ? does it say it can be used for hydro or soil hydro nute are different than soil nutes something about salt buildup and ph stability i cant explain further check the hydro forums....

I would just use it as a foilar spray while you go get something better than Miracle Grow. There are much better nutrients out there. But if you do end up using it for the duration when you first introduce the feed only use 1/4 the solution to start out otherwise you are susceptible for nute burn. Also if you end up using it for the grow I would caution you to remember to flush your plant. I think at least 2 weeks is recommended if I remember correctly, otherwise your bud will taste not so hot and be harsh.

I would just use it as a foilar spray while you go get something better than Miracle Grow. There are much better nutrients out there. But if you do end up using it for the duration when you first introduce the feed only use 1/4 the solution to start out otherwise you are susceptible for nute burn. Also if you end up using it for the grow I would caution you to remember to flush your plant. I think at least 2 weeks is recommended if I remember correctly, otherwise your bud will taste not so hot and be harsh.

good advice. . . and to enphasize that last part. . flush, flush and flush.

Bagz :peace:

alright cool. One more thing. I was wondering if you were familiar with the hemp bucket because that method only contains perlite and some other stuff vermilite or something along those lines, and if I get good hydro nutes do I still have to worry about burning with foilar? uh really just didnt want this stuff to go to waste.

DO NOT USE MIRACLE GROW IN THE HEMPY BUCKET. IT WILL NOT WORK.

I have tried it.. so I know from personal experience. You *must* use hydro nutes for it to work. GH Floranova Grow/Bloom are the ones you want to go with. They are VERY VERY CONCENTRATED. If you foliar spray with Miracle Grow while feeding with hydro nutes you will KILL YOUR PLANTS. Period.

Throw the MG away, use it for your veggies, whatever, just do not use it with the Hempy Buckets.

Peace
MC

Oh no I dont doubt you MC, and ill take your advice on that ha. Any good places to shop for those Hydro nutes?

If you're in the USA, then any hydro store will carry them. Or you can order them online.. They run about $21 each per 1 quart bottle of the Grow/Bloom. I used less than 1/8 the bottle of the GROW and maybe 1/4 bottle of the BLOOM for the 5 plants I had in the Hempy Buckets. They are far and away the easiest Hydro nutes to use because the are 1 part each - no mixing different bottles of stuff at different ratio's.. Plus they buffer the PH to the correct level for you even if you are using tap water..

Peace
MC

Here's a tip. . .

I was having issues finding foxfarms products, so I went to their site and found a store locator. . just put in your zip and they'll list the known stores in your area that carry them. . .

Didnt find any stores as close as Id like but thats cool, had no idea where to find a hydro store. appreciate that bagz.

Oh and MC Im seeing the Flora Grow/Bloom/ but I also see a Micro. Is it just not needed with the buckets or what? Just curious.

GH Flora micro is part of a 3 part system. Along with Flora Grow and Flora Bloom. These aren't part of the GH Floranova series. Micro gets added with Grow, and their used in different combos and concentrations depending on the needs of the plant. The GH Floranova series, is just the 2, Floranova grow/bloom. And looks to be much easier, and the 2 that MC has suggested.

Back
Top Bottom