Miracle Grow: Bad?

well it worked for me and this auto flower estimating 1/2 lb dried every cola was 8 to 10 in and tight dense heavy

Attachments

• 20180731_075610.jpg
    20180731_075610.jpg
    935.7 KB · Views: 94
Thank you so much for that info it definitely helped out a lot. I was thinking of switching it out of that soil but now I’m most likely just gunna keep it in the MG . All I’ve been doing is checking the soil moisture and watering it.

As a new grower just starting my second run I really want to follow your progress and outcome.

I currently have a clone from my first run in a 3 gal mix of left over FFOF and MG soil that contains coco. It was outside and went into flower while on vacation . The plant seems happy and doing well in the soil.

I finally got it to flip back and is just starting to bust out all new veg growth at the V in the stem.

I use organics as soil starter and nutes in my San Diego plot. It's not based on personal experience that MG is bad for cannabis at least, or reports of others that seem balanced by the opposite view. I use organic nutes to relieve some inevitable anxiety about my grow in improper soil. (Anxious, that's how I roll.) I've seen cannabis grow well with different nutes including very well composted cow manure. (The previous occupant never spread it and the land (and its worth) showed the effect of his inaction.) Also there's a privilege issue IMHO: postings from other parts of the world about using MG may be from folks who lack availability of organics, or the necessary financial resources to acquire them.

Just thought I would throw this in. When using Miracle grow soil you will need to have some Lilly Miller B-1 plant starter or something simular.The one thing I run into most with it is magnesium problems. Either it is not there or it is locked out. Most plants will do fine while others of the same strain will have problems. When a plant starts showing problems I treat them all. This doesn't seem to hurt happy plants and will perk up the sick ones.

This is 2 different plants btw

I use Miracle Grow for Tomatoes at 1/4 to 1/2 strength. It has a whole lot of extra nutes besides the main three. It's an inexpensive way to feed your ladies. At the switch to 12/12/ I switch to whatever Bloom formula is on the shelves, either MG or Earth Juice.

If the seedlings make it, they are probably worthy.

As soon as you have 2-3 true leaves you can transplant into some other soil.

Now what that other "soil" is, that's the 100K question.

Try compost (without chemical fertilizer) and mix it with Peat Moss (Canadian - read the labels).

Add aeration so you don't over water.

1/3 Aeration = perl-lite
1/3 peat moss
1/3 compost.

When switching to flower we need to add some amendments that are not chemical in nature and maybe even up- pot.

If the seedlings make it, they are probably worthy.

As soon as you have 2-3 true leaves you can transplant into some other soil.

Now what that other "soil" is, that's the 100K question.

Try compost (without chemical fertilizer) and mix it with Peat Moss (Canadian - read the labels).

Add aeration so you don't over water.

1/3 Aeration = perl-lite
1/3 peat moss
1/3 compost.

When switching to flower we need to add some amendments that are not chemical in nature and maybe even up- pot.

This is what my plant looks like so far with miracle grow. Should I even bother switching it and if i do im gunna switch to pro mix organic soil

Attachments

• 6EF3210A-8C18-45FE-9473-00A9955254E4.jpeg
    6EF3210A-8C18-45FE-9473-00A9955254E4.jpeg
    735.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 5D082478-46BB-4780-ADA0-A0B9F99F7C57.jpeg
    5D082478-46BB-4780-ADA0-A0B9F99F7C57.jpeg
    787 KB · Views: 94
Miracle Grow is owned by Monsanto.. just an FYI.

Monsanto is the company that forced farmers into using their round up ready GMO corn/soybean/wheat seeds and Round up on the fields. Was the beginning of our health debacle here in the USA with everyone obese and many with cancer. All ya gotta do is see what a field of soil looks like after being treated with round up. You won't be buying any of those products.

Monsanto is heading full on into the cannabis business buying up a lot of companies too.

Pay attention is my mindset.

Here's a quick google result:
"The majority of Miracle-Gro's product line is filled with chemicals and synthetics. They do have some product that is organic and certified by OMRI. Scott's, the parent company of Miracle-Gro, is in bed with Monsanto and are the exclusive agent of Round-Up. "

Scotts now owns Round Up and makes your Miracle Gro shit.

I'd pass, go to your local Garden Center and ask for some organic soil. They likely have a huge heap and will sell it cheap. Much cheaper than the MG crap in a bag.

Take a few empty totes with you.
Thank me later.

The MG soil will likely run out of fertilizer (by design so you buy more) and then we will be back here with other issues. Sorry for the negative but I can't find any positives with MG or Scotts brands anything.

Suggest your local garden center. Tell them you want some organic soil. They will direct you properly I'm 420% positive on that.

This is the thing.. it's just a case of experience, I'm on my first grow and did the same as you MG . I'm under a CFL 300w in a cupboard, all these things are a nightmare if not done right but it seems to be going okay. I literally 2 mins ago put an order in for a 600w LED and a 120 x 120 x 200 cm tent. The conditions they're in seem fine right now bit I can see an issue down the line so I'll be adjusting. The people in this site are fucking awrsome and love to do nothing but help and support. Good luck bud brother I hope it blooms into a forest
I have a brother inlaw that uses that stuff and his plants look ok but to be honest the end result is his weed does not taste good and it not a good high. just my opinion.

Hey guys,

So i planted my seeds just over a week ago from what I’ve heard there on a good track but here’s the thing I’ve planted them in miracle grow controlled up to 6 months. Now I’m reading and there’s people saying good things and bad things I don’t know what to think right now. Should I change my soil ? Is it even possible to change my soil at this stage ? Help is needed as this is my first grow.

Kushios
I grow in merical grow soil potting mix for long time.its always provided my plants with wat they need just don't give any nutes for at least 30days the soil.has nutes in it already just oh water is all u will need for a while

This hobby is no different than any other, that is if you are in it for the pleasure, I know people who would not put anything but Castrol in their car while others will say it is bad and they use Valvoline. If the product was no good it would not be around, their is something to be said for longevity. Their used to be a nice powdered cleaner called Bon Ami, it is just like Comet but Comet spent much more on advertising and Bon Ami may not be around anymore.

This hobby is no different than any other, that is if you are in it for the pleasure, I know people who would not put anything but Castrol in their car while others will say it is bad and they use Valvoline. If the product was no good it would not be around, their is something to be said for longevity. Their used to be a nice powdered cleaner called Bon Ami, it is just like Comet but Comet spent much more on advertising and Bon Ami may not be around anymore.
Bon Ami is definitely still around

And people don't dislike Miracle Gro because it is a bad product.... it isn't. People dislike it because of the politics of the company.

And people don't dislike Miracle Gro because it is a bad product.... it isn't. People dislike it because of the politics of the company.

Well politics and that some folks like more control over the amount of nutrients their plant(s) get. With timed release stuff one has no control of that, as different kinds of plants have different wants and/or needs and for that matter different Strains of same plant can have different wants. Really hard to have just one thing that grows every plant perfect ;) but folks in different parts of the world have more options than others do. so if ones only options or don't care about the politics or it just simply works for you then more power to you.

And people don't dislike Miracle Gro because it is a bad product.... it isn't
Have you ever tried the organic container mix..It's absolute trash...the first time I did it was great and I thought I found a good grow media...the second time I burned $250 worth of genetics with their hot ass mix...It was so black and noob me thought that was a good sign....Never again

I’ve tried atleast 6 different mediums over the years and Foxfarms was my go to for most of it until now. I have saved hundreds of dollar or more by making my own soil and going organic. Do a little research and you will find that not only is it far easier to maintain(most of the time) but the money saved is my #1. I heard Maricle grow has organic soil also but I personally have not tried it. My wife sells plants for a living and even she converted to making her own soil. Coco or peat moss, aeration, amendments of your choice and BOOM you have happy plants!

politics was only part of it. i hated it well before there was politics involved.

Have you ever tried the organic container mix..It's absolute trash...the first time I did it was great and I thought I found a good grow media...the second time I burned $250 worth of genetics with their hot ass mix...It was so black and noob me thought that was a good sign....Never again

burning up seedlings has always been the knock on any MG product. the second is the nuted soil doing great until the transition to veg then frying when the nutes release.

Coco or peat moss, aeration, amendments of your choice and BOOM you have happy plants!

in canada during the 70's / 80's we always used to start with a peat base and make a mix very similar to an hp or sunshine. very few do it any more as there are so many commercially available options now that work well.

I been using merical grow potting mix for well over 20 years plain yellow green bag iv always had good results with it

a number of folk have had success with it over the yrs. it's a bit hit and miss. are you running the entire grow on just the MG, or are you feeding at some point ?

edit : i should ask if you are indoor or outdoor ?

Back
Top Bottom