Miracle grow tomato plant food?

rj-jizzle

Wussup guys, I've heard that this is good to use for veg. Stage is this true?? How about for flowering? Has anyone ever tried this?

Re: miracle grow tomato plant food??

Back in the day, we used to use the hell out of it, there wasn't the market we have today. I personally wouldn't use it but, to each his own.
What is your end goal... I'm sure we can get there w/better stuff... unless you don't care what you produce.

I'm not talking shit on MG... we grew tons of shit w/it... it's just that w/what's available now, I wouldn't use it! Just MNSHO ;)

Re: miracle grow tomato plant food??

Iight man thanxs for the input.. My ideal end goal is good bud with medium to high yield. Imma get some FF nutes now

what up RJ,
i tried to do the same thing when i started my first grow!!! I had gotten some Fox Farms Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom for my lady when i put her into flowering, i wasnt as ready as i thought i was, i had the tomato food for my lady as well... but it just doesnt hold the good stuff, the organic stuff!!! the guano, the worm castings!!! anyways, after i had already harvested i started getting things ready for my next setup and upon doing my research i came across this post about FF.
says that it has a bad problem with salt!!! it causes nute lockout!!! and i can kinda understand that cus my leafs were looking not so much on the green side, thinking it was just my low lighting that had going, i didnt really think anything of it... so if you get FF you should think about getting that salt release stuff, cant remember what its called but yea its needed, it mainly happens in the Big Bloom mix, not sure for the Grow Big... i heard that if you want a real good nute, try Dutch Master its what i am going with next!!!

:peacetwo:

What if the pH is at ~7 after I've made the solution of the nutes, will there still be nutrition lock? I haven't gotten any solution yet but will need some inna couple of weeks thanks for the info. :Namaste:

pH wont matter for the nute lockout, it has to do with the salt content of the solution from the Fox Farms Big Bloom. i will look around for the name of the stuff for the salt build up and get back to ya!!!

Ok thanks I had no idea about the salt content didn't even consider it.. Looks like I need to do more research..

yea this site is full of useful info!!! but dont go believing the first thing you hear or read!!! find more things that back up the theory then make your own educated decision!!! its what i did and it got me through my first grow!!! and now i am sitting here enjoying my work!!!

Koo beans man, I got a grape ape in flowering now that's 3 weeks into flower then next up to bat is blueberry then euforia then SLH after that lol flowering one at a time cus I jus got a 150w hps. Yea I try to read up on things as much as possible so I get a big picture not jus a window.

what up RJ,
i tried to do the same thing when i started my first grow!!! I had gotten some Fox Farms Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom for my lady when i put her into flowering, i wasnt as ready as i thought i was, i had the tomato food for my lady as well... but it just doesnt hold the good stuff, the organic stuff!!! the guano, the worm castings!!! anyways, after i had already harvested i started getting things ready for my next setup and upon doing my research i came across this post about FF.
says that it has a bad problem with salt!!! it causes nute lockout!!! and i can kinda understand that cus my leafs were looking not so much on the green side, thinking it was just my low lighting that had going, i didnt really think anything of it... so if you get FF you should think about getting that salt release stuff, cant remember what its called but yea its needed, it mainly happens in the Big Bloom mix, not sure for the Grow Big... i heard that if you want a real good nute, try Dutch Master its what i am going with next!!!

so what are you saying? if i use FF tiger and big bloom my plants are gonna lock out? ive been using FF big, tiger bloom and big bloom. i also use bushdoctor microbe brew plant food activator. my plants are lush green with budding sites everywhere and never tasted salty. or locked out. i use bud candy, floralicious plus , and dark enery supplements also overdrive and bud blood. my plants are sucking up the sun and getting bigger by the hour. i flush my plants for a week before harvest. no problems mon. i dont know about salty lock out.

so what are you saying? if i use FF tiger and big bloom my plants are gonna lock out? ive been using FF big, tiger bloom and big bloom. i also use bushdoctor microbe brew plant food activator. my plants are lush green with budding sites everywhere and never tasted salty. or locked out. i use bud candy, floralicious plus , and dark enery supplements also overdrive and bud blood. my plants are sucking up the sun and getting bigger by the hour. i flush my plants for a week before harvest. no problems mon. i dont know about salty lock out.

what up sully,
what i was saying is, i read some articles about FF and that a few growers had experienced nute lockout using the fox farms big bloom, the cause of it was it made the soil get salt build up... when that happens in soil it locks out nutes, whether it is true or not i dont know, im just putting it out there cus its in multiple stories, i dont know if it is what happened to mine or not... and anyways you might not have this problem if you are using hydro, or it could also be all the other nutes that your adding, it might have the element to stop salt build up...

that could be possible with big bloom because it tells you to add a half a cup per gallon. that's too much. i add about an 1/8 of that. probably because they want you to buy more. i only use it in veg anyway. then add cal mg+ byGO and tiger bloom and bud blood by AN into flowering. then use AN overdrive and dark energy is hormone supplement and bud candy for carbs. then nothing but RO water. my soil is 6.8 and my run off is 6.4.
id like to read that info your talking about. because alot of people use FF.
thanks thats how we learn.:peace:

Wussup guys, I've heard that this is good to use for veg. Stage is this true?? How about for flowering? Has anyone ever tried this?

I used it for years on my Tomatoes and used it for a while on my Cannabis. But about a year ago, I started using FoxFarm Grow Big and Big Bloom on my Cannabis for veg and flower, and when the Cannabis showed a very noticeable improvement over Miracle Grow I then tried using both of these FF nutes on our summer Tomato crop.

In a word... WOW!!

Much higher yields, larger fruit, better flavor and overall healthier looking plants!

So... To answer your question... Yes, it works on Cannabis, but not as good as FoxFarm does. And even tomatoes like FF over MG Tomato.

While FF is a little more expensive over the length of a grow than MG, it works much better, is organic, which MG is not, so you don't have to flush as much or as long at the end of the grow.

P.S. If you are worried about losing effectiveness with FoxFarm and other organic ferts... I suggest investing in a quality PH meter to measure and adjust the PH of what you are feeding to your plants accordingly.

I use a HM Digital PH-200 and find it to be the most accurate and easy to calibrate PH meter you can buy for under $500.00. It sells for about $80.00 online.

Alright I jus picked up some FF big/tiger bloom n Bushdr sledgehammer. I found out that the sledgehammer product is made to take out the excess salts. Its used. In the flushing stages or when its needed. Imma bout to start with the bites next watering n can't wait to see how she'll react to it. :peace:

Alright I jus picked up some FF big/tiger bloom n Bushdr sledgehammer. I found out that the sledgehammer product is made to take out the excess salts. Its used. In the flushing stages or when its needed. Imma bout to start with the bites next watering n can't wait to see how she'll react to it. :peace:

good deal, i didnt know that it flushes out the salt as well!!! gonna have to get me some of that now!!!

Back
Top Bottom