Mises890's Hempy SOG Multi - Strain Grow Journal - 2011

mises890

Hey 420magazine subscribers!

This is my first attempt at a grow journal. I hope to learn a lot from the wealth of information in the input I receive from you all here and the results I have with this first grow. I'm going to be using the 420'fied hempy SOG method for my first grow using the GH 3-part nutes that 420fied used in one of his first SOG grows.

Here is a quick breakdown of what I'll be doing:

Bucket Size - 2 Liter soft drink containers
Medium - 75% perlite 25% vermiculite.
Lights - (1) Advanced LED DS 400
Nutrients - General Hydroponics 3-part
# of Plants - 4
Grow Room - Secret Jardin Darkroom II Pro DR 120
Fan - 6" Max Fan
Filter - Can33 + Phresh Duct Silencer
RH: 50% during flowering
Temp: 73 - 78 F

I'll be using a Hydrofarm JSV2 2-Foot Jump Start T5 Grow Light System and heat pad to grow the seeds I germinated using the paper towel method. I'm using rockwool as my medium for the seedlings.

Once the seedlings have a strong root system in place, I'll transplant the seedlings in the 1.5" rockwool cubes into the 2L hempy containers. I'll be using 420fied's feeding schedule of "feed, skip, feed, skip, feed, skip, water only," and feeding each plant 16 oz. of the nutrient and water solution. Here is a chart of the feeding regimen I'll use (420fied's schedule from his previous/current grows):

Week 1 : 500 PPM
Week 2 : 700 PPM
Week 3 : 800 PPM
Weeks 4 - 5 : 1000 PPM
Weeks 6 - 10 : 1100 - 1400 PPM

Now, for the specifics of the strains:

I purchased my seeds from what seems to be a pretty well-known seed bank; since they aren't a sponsor of 420magazine, I won't mention their name. I used the information on their website to provide you with information about the strains I'm using. Right now, I'm growing:

(1) Positronics
Sex : Feminized
Genetics: Kali Mist, Super Silver Haze, Jack Herer
Type : Mostly sativa
THC 21%, CBD 0.1%

(2) World of Seeds Medical Collection
Sex : Feminized
Type : Mostly indica
Genetics : Northern Light X Big Bud

(1) CH9
Sex: Feminized
Type : Indica/Sativa
Genetics: Green Bud

I'm only growing four right now because I want to have a small number of plants to keep my focus on getting them into the 2L hempy pots. Right now, I'm worried they won't make it past the seedling stage. Here's some pictures of them today (Day 3 of seedling stage); they sprouted above the rockwool surface on Saturday, 4/21.

photo-318.JPG
photo-227.JPG
photo-160.JPG
photo224.JPG

I'm not sure if I'm over/under-watering them. Please let me know if I'm doing something incorrectly, could do something better, etc. :thanks:

Re: mises890's Hempy SOG Multi-Strain Grow Journal - 2011

Rockwool should be moist but not soaked, you want to try to keep it 50/50% water/air. You also want to soak it in 5.5phed if before you use it in a hydroponic situation, so im guessing youd want to soak it in like 6.5 for soil. I'm not sure if you did or not it wasn't stated. Your cotyledons the will fall off so them drooping is natural, the true leaves are looking perky and good. Are you using the led now? or something else? They look pretty good to me, maybe a little lanky is why im wondering about your light source. But keep on trucking it takes them some time to get used to photosynthesis and such.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom