Missouri House Bill No. 698

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
this bill never received a hearing in committee:

FIRST REGULAR SESSION

HOUSE BILL NO. 698

95TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY

INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES ZIMMERMAN (Sponsor), ATKINS, LOW, MUNZLINGER, OXFORD, YAEGER, ROORDA, SCHAAF, WETER AND WALTON GRAY (Co-sponsors).

1748L.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk

AN ACT

To repeal section 407.485, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to donation receptacles.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:

Section A. Section 407.485, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 407.485, to read as follows:

407.485. 1. It shall be an unfair business practice in violation of section 407.020 for a for-profit entity or natural person to collect donations of unwanted household items via a public receptacle and resell the donated items for profit unless the donation receptacle prominently displays a statement in bold letters at least two inches high and two inches wide stating: "DONATIONS ARE NOT FOR CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS AND WILL BE RESOLD FOR PROFIT".

2. It shall be an unfair business practice in violation of section 407.020 for a for-profit entity or natural person to collect donations of unwanted household items via a public receptacle and resell the donated items where some or all of the proceeds from the sale are directly given to a not-for-profit entity unless the donation receptacle prominently displays a statement in bold letters at least two inches high and two inches wide stating: "DONATIONS TO THE FOR-PROFIT COMPANY: (name of the company) ARE SOLD FOR PROFIT AND (% of proceeds donated to the not-for-profit) % OF ALL PROCEEDS ARE DONATED TO (name of the nonprofit beneficiary organization's name)."

3. It shall be an unfair business practice in violation of section 407.020 for a for-profit entity or natural person to collect donations of unwanted household items via a public receptacle and resell the donated items, where such for-profit entity is paid a flat fee, not contingent upon the proceeds generated by the sale of the collected goods, and one hundred percent of the proceeds from the sale of the items are given directly to the not-for-profit, unless the donation receptacle prominently displays a statement in bold letters at least two inches high and two inches wide stating: "THIS DONATION RECEPTACLE IS OPERATED BY THE FOR-PROFIT ENTITY: (name of the for profit/individual) ON BEHALF of (name of the nonprofit beneficiary organization's name)".

4. The term "bold letters" as used in subsections 1, 2, and 3 of this section shall mean a primary color on a white background so as to be clearly visible to the public.

5. Nothing in this section shall apply to paper, glass, or aluminum products that are donated for the purpose of being recycled in the manufacture of other products.

[5.] 6. Any entity which, on or before June 1, [2007] 2009, has distributed one hundred or more separate public receptacles within the state of Missouri to which the provisions of subsection 2 or 3 of this section would apply shall be deemed in compliance with the signage requirements imposed by this section for the first six months after August 28, [2007] 2009, provided such entity has made or is making good faith efforts to bring all signage in compliance with the provisions of this section and all such signage is in complete compliance no later than six months after August 28, [2007] 2009.

I emailed two of the Missouri State Representatives about HB698 which was the MARIJUANA FOR MEDICINAL PURPOSES (1564L.01I). Here is what he emailed me back today.
Sponsor: Colona, Mike
Co-Sponsor: Holsman, Jason (045) ... et al.
Proposed Effective Date: 8/28/2011
LR Number: 1564L.01I
Last Action: 3/03/2011 - Referred: Crime Prevention and Public Safety (H)
Bill String: HB 698
Next Hearing: Hearing not scheduled
Calendar: Bill currently not on a House calendar

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Unfortunately HB698 never received a hearing in committee. I will have to re-file it next session. I won't be giving up you can rest assured of that.

Sincerely,

Rep. Mike Colona
Minority Whip

Back
Top Bottom