Missouri new law

While visiting a indoor growing shop in Springfield Mo., this weekend, I got a low-down on how this is all shaking out:
1. First, you go to a special doctor for your medical authorization, $150 if you pay cash, $155 if you use credit cards.
2. You take your authorization to the website on the Missouri Health Department and fill out the required online info. Here are the costs:
License TypeLicense FeesRenewal
Qualified Patient$25.00$25.00
Additional Fee for Patient Cultivation$100.00$100.00
Primary Caregiver for a Qualified Patient$25.00$25.00

As a patient cultivator, you can have six flowering plants, six clones, and six vegging plants.
You can also grow for up to two other people, for a total of 18, 18, and 18 on the plants.
That's a lot of plants unless you are doing a SOG.
Every year you pay again, $155 or $150 to the doc, plus $25 patient card ad $100 for cultivation etc.
This is crap.
LOL.
But I'm considering it because of my unique situation, married to whom I'm married. (Don't ask. I won't tell.)
Also, I'm already growing for a friend as well, and this will make it legal and above board.
But all this has me thinking: how to fairly divide the costs between caregiver and patient?
Not even counting time and the work, the financial costs are serious.
What we've been doing up to now is, my friend buys the chemicals and additives, supplies that have to be replaced of small things, and I've been bearing the brunt of the utilities, the growing equipment, tents, etc.
Maybe I should instead, ask so much an ounce.
Not sure.
I am still waiting to hear how they are going to regulate/inspect the home grows. If we are truly limited to 3oz onsite, we have a problem.

I am still waiting to hear how they are going to regulate/inspect the home grows. If we are truly limited to 3oz onsite, we have a problem.
I asked about that. Apparently they aren’t going to inspect unless they get an odor complaint or something like that.

I asked about that. Apparently they aren’t going to inspect unless they get an odor complaint or something like that.
The way the law reads, the patient is allowed up to four ounces a month (more if the alternate form is used per doctor's recommendation) on his/her person. The caregiver can store it, and it should be marked that it belongs to the patient. Most of this is bull hockey, because there is no real oversight of individual grows. The health department has no personnel to do this. And you don't deal with the locals anyway; the application from the physician is on line and the patient fills out the license request online and pays the fees online. The application fee, if denied, is nonrefundable.
My only real issue with the law is the part that states you can't use solvents to make oils without a manufacturing license. LOL.

And, if I truly grew six plants in flower at once, I would hope my yield would be better than a half ounce per plant. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom