Skimmer

420 Member
Hi all,
I have had clones on veg cycle and, when I transferred them all to my new box, I mistakenly set the timer on 12-12 cycle. They have been there for 4 days now. Here how they look now:

20200508_150916-2.jpg
20200509_154430-2.jpg

Will it be okay to revert the cycle to the veg state now?

I also planned to cut two of them and clone.

Yes you can. It will take a little bit to transition back but it will reveg again.
As much as I read about it, the more I think I should revert it as it will take me a month-2 more... I'm not sure now how much they can develop during the vegetative state, but I think they will because they have good light. they are under 13 Samsung f562b.
Thanks.

If your lights have been on less than 5-7 days with 12/12 you should be fine buddy, I have done it a fair amount of times.
OK I decided to switch from today, which is the 4th day of 12/12 cycle.

Could you please confirm one thought, I want to trim 3 of them. The best time to do it, in my situation, is to clip them in a week from now, after switching back to 18/6 cycle. Or should I do it now, before...? Or not at all. I'm thinking now that I should stress those three horizontally a bit and keep those big buds at the top...

20200509_193029.jpg

Reason #4 out of 16 why I grow autos. I'm not smart enough to keep up with light cycles.
I let the timers do the thinking about the light cycles. 99.99% of the time they are smart enough to do the job all by themselves.

But 4 days should not be a problem at all. Most likely there will not be any noticeable stress and no one would realize that there had been a lighting SNAFU.

There was a msg I read last week posted by someone who tried several experiments. He left the lights on for longer than most people recommend and did not have any problems. He tried other experiments to see if he could get his plants to hermaphrodite and they did not.

Back years ago it used to be considered an acceptable process to temporarily change your veg room's lighting over to 12/12, just so you could get your plants to show their sex... and then switch them back to veg to grow a bit bigger. This partial and temporary transition doesn't hurt a thing, doesn't cause weird growth... all it does is waste the time transitioning and back and it is an effective way to spot the males in a large grow op and get them out of the room early so as to not have to waste final containers on them.

Back
Top Bottom