Mites.....

dragonflower

I recently aquired two clones that have mites on them, and though I already have the problem taken care of, I needed some advice for future reference.

I know about shock treatments, and all the pesticides to use, (though since i live in the mountains those laced wing bugs are everywhere so i dont really need to waste the money)

............anyways i distinctly remember someone once telling me about a baking soda/water solution that you dab on the leaves that was also suppose to take care of it....anyone think this might damage the plant in any way? Or know what im talking about at all?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Sounds like a lot o' work!

just make some garlic tea, strain it into a spray bottle, 'n' spray.>)

I recently aquired two clones that have mites on them, and though I already have the problem taken care of, I needed some advice for future reference.

I know about shock treatments, and all the pesticides to use, (though since i live in the mountains those laced wing bugs are everywhere so i dont really need to waste the money)

............anyways i distinctly remember someone once telling me about a baking soda/water solution that you dab on the leaves that was also suppose to take care of it....anyone think this might damage the plant in any way? Or know what im talking about at all?

Any help is appreciated, thanks
baking soda water won't do anything. Use and organic pesticide like pyrethrum or neem oil before you bring the new clones into your room. There are also a bunch of home-made sprays you can try too.

Predator bugs can work well in small spaces, but if you're outdoors it will/can be pretty hit and miss with other bugs helping you out.

7 tbl spoons of dish washin' liquid
dultued in one gallon of water and spay 'em down Good.
Every 7 days.

I've been sprayin' every other day for a week and
have seen no adverse effects to the plants.

currently workin' it
to clean my current bloom.
let ya' know just how effective it is in another 2 weeks.

Tell ya' now,
it has cleaned the Livin' ones out and
harvested 2 days after spraying with no residuals :)

Sure gets my Seal of approval, so far.

I tracked down and catch the lacey wings and trap them in with the plant by a mosquito tent. This method has thus far proven effective for me, but it does require some bug tracking, but it's not so bad when you give yourself a bad Steve Erwin accent and tromp through the brush like youre hunting a puma....."Aye, there be the sheila now, aint she a bute?" ...(apparently im also part pirate)

Anyways, I did actually buy some of that pyrethrum for back up, in case my bug captives went on strike or something, i havent had to use it yet but like you said, nature can be a bastard.

Anyways i'll keep the other stuff for reference too, im way into cool homemade remidies (mostly because im too cheap to buy the real thing) so if you got anymore, go ahead and keep em' coming!

2 Jalapenos
3 cloves of garlic
juice from 1 lemon
2 drops of dawn dishwashing liquid

blend the japs, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor, then strain it thru cheesecloth or coffee filter, add the juice and the dawn liquid to a 1 quart spray bottle and fill with water.

the japs and garlic will deter the little buggers and the lemon will keep mold and other fungus at bay.

Keep an eye on your PH levels in the soil.

better deal with them asap if you dont want them to get a foothold.

rotating different treatments like neem, pyrethrins, garlic/pepper and spray now will save your flowers later..

Yeah i got them taken care of, though today my retarded ass dog dug up one of the plants...the root system was okay and i gave it a shot of b-1.

Back
Top Bottom