Mixed Martial Arts and Marijuana

IshmarRodriguez

So a amazing young talented fighter out of Cesar Gracies camp named Nick Diaz got signed by Pride Fighting Championships. They wanted to sign a popular UFC fighter for their attempt to come into the United States.

They threw him up against the lightweight champion. Who was considered a huge favorite and considered the best lightweight champion in the world.

Nick Diaz against all odds DESTROYED Gomi in convincing fashion. Fast forward a few months. Nick Diaz tested positive for Marijuana. The Nevada State Atheltic Commision has wiped the win off his record. They said the marijuana was used as an enhancement in the fight. They changed his win to a No Contest on his record.

Previously, fighters have been busted for Steriods. They have never had their records reversed. Another loss for marijuana or a win? Loss is they treated it unfairly. The positive is they considered it performance enhancing!

We knew who the real winner was anyways.

uhm that makes no sense...i dont see how he won because he was stoned? and of course he waasnt stupid enough to go into a fight under a condition like that...i mean i could see takin the win away if he was high on p*p or something because you cant be stopped if your on that shit you could get shot 9 times and walk away giggling...but marijuana? if he was high on marijuana during the fight he would of probly never one..reactiont ime slowed down and all....this world is nuts man let me tell ya

Actually, as mmj patients would agree, cannabis is an effective analgesic. For a fighter to use cannabis before a match, one could quite conceivably assume he had an advantage over his opponent, as his threshold to pain had been increased by the drug, giving him more staying power. Perhaps that would compensate for the loss in timing? Interesting eh

smoking weed effects stamina, if he was baked and trying to fight he would of been too tired to finish lol, Diaz is a good fighter.....im sure it wasnt the weed that helped him to win it was prolly the hard work he put in training for the fight not the joint he prolly smoked after to celebrate his win lol

Yeah,
Diaz said he wasn't high at the time, and that he had to wait in the prep room prior to the fight for 4 hours with all sorts of officials in there with him. Not possible for him to have been high at the time.

They did this to protect a Champion who needs to save face. It sucks!

So a amazing young talented fighter out of Cesar Gracies camp named Nick Diaz got signed by Pride Fighting Championships. They wanted to sign a popular UFC fighter for their attempt to come into the United States.

Diaz is great.

I'm not sure why Pride was trying to sign a UFC fighter, since the UFC bought Pride in whole.

Nick's younger brother (nate I think) is on this seasons The Ultimate Fighter 5

I think it's BS they even test for pot, other major sports (NBA) don't (to my knowledge). If they did they wouldn't be able to field a team.

they test for it in NFL and MLB so im guessn they do in the NBA as well but i know NOTHING about basketball so i could be wrong......im now a bigger nik diaz fan because of this than i used to be

Back
Top Bottom