Mixing cfl bulbs

budbunny

hi there
my question is , i have done the veg stage on 2 plants using 1 x 125 watt cfl tube type bulb 6400k spectrum, im now switching to budding stage using the 1x 125w cfl red 2700k spectrum bulb.

can i use both red and white bulbs together? will it have any negative effects on the babies?

still very new at this and on a tight budget, cant use mh or hps bulbs so they are not an option for me. i can only use the cfl bulbs.

oh and btw i am using far ir heaters in my little grow space and they dont seem to have had any bad effects on the babies, has anyone else tried this or have any info on effects on plants.

this is my first attempt and so far so good with all the help the community has given me.

thanks for any advice you can give.:peacetwo:

hey,
you can use both if you want but when a plant is flowering it tends to use more on the red light spectrum than any other colour.
Also if you are using a heater make sure you have plenty of ventelation and make sure the humidity aint to high because it can cause mold on your buds.
hope this helps.

thanks for letting me know that both bulbs are ok to use together.

the heaters are of the far infra red spectrum, not visible to the human eye, and tends not to push up the humidity, so i hope that wont be an issue, i keep the plants at around 80 degrees C during the light cycle , this drops to around 70 C during darkness.

what is the plants reaction to the far infra red light spectrum, i cant find much info online regarding this, any thoughts?

thanks again
:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom