Mixing coco and soil (FFOF)?

Batcave

A freind just gave me two bags of Botanicaire CocoGro and I would like to see if anyone mixes their Coco with other pre-mixed soils like Foxfarm? I know some will say just go straight coco but I would like to do a mix of my FFOF if possible until I get accustomed to the straight Coco. If so what mix ratios or other additives have you found that have worked for your setup. I will be hand watering with RO water in 2 gallon smartpots. Nutes will be Age Old grow & bloom, FF Big Bloom, EJ Microblast, Calmag+, Liquid Seaweed, and molasses.

I have read numerous threads about coco, but still a new medium to me.

Thanks,
BC

A freind just gave me two bags of Botanicaire CocoGro and I would like to see if anyone mixes their Coco with other pre-mixed soils like Foxfarm? I know some will say just go straight coco but I would like to do a mix of my FFOF if possible until I get accustomed to the straight Coco. If so what mix ratios or other additives have you found that have worked for your setup. I will be hand watering with RO water in 2 gallon smartpots. Nutes will be Age Old grow & bloom, FF Big Bloom, EJ Microblast, Calmag+, Liquid Seaweed, and molasses.

I have read numerous threads about coco, but still a new medium to me.

Thanks,
BC

Hay BC, I use 2 parts GH CocoTek to 1 part soil in hempy buckets. I'd pre-rinse the coco and charge it with cal/mag before I used it. With RO'd water you'll need to add cal/mag for waterings. Check out some of Bandit420's threads, he's got a lot of good info.

Sorry I can't exactly answer your question, but I'm not experienced with some of the stuff you're using.

:goodluck:

Thanks HB, just trying to make sure I don't kill any of my babies.

I've used Fox Farms Ocean Forrest and Canna Coco (2:1 ratio). Its almost the same as adding perilite. Media will retain more water. You will need to start feeding within a week or so before the soil's nutrients are depleted. This of course depends upon pot size. I used 1/2 gal all the way up to 3 gal pots. Str8 coco is cool but a lot less forgiving than a soil/coco blend IMO.With coco (some brands) some funky stuff happens with the PH of the media/run off. I tried all coco and ended up with deficiencies and scrawny plants. Give it a shot and see what works for you. If you're new to growing I'd suggesting mastering one before experimenting with the other. My 2 cents. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom