Mixing different types of lighning

MrRudeSnowman

hi,

your thought and experience on the subject? i have read different hings on this, however in my mind it seems to be ok.

I have one small LED light and whole germination room setup for FL bulbs.

My idea - add more FL bulbs + some more LED grow lights and hope they deliver? Or just get that Son Agro HPS setup and call it a day?

Thing with HPS is that i have to buy it all from scratch while FL + LED would be easy and cheap.

So in the end it would be 4 36w FL bulbs + 3 LED lights (13w, 1100lm per) for one plant.

Good idea or not?

you need way more light than that, at least 200w per plant

if you want crap wispy buds - do it on the cheap

if you want quality product - do it properly

300w CFL bulbs are available if you must stick to CFLs

amazon also had HPS/MH light bundles with ballast,hood, and extra bulbs for like 120$ if you're looking for something thats all together so you don't have to hunt anything down :)

The Mars II LED lights, from one of our sponsors (top led) have been working out really well too, you can check tons of grow journals that are up and using them.
Plus their customer support is awesome! I finally placed an order for 1200w Mars II last night ^.^

I almost placed an order for a Mars II 1200 until I saw someone replace two of them with two P450s, and get better results - always best to present the facts to those you're recommending a product too :Namaste:

Thanks for input everybody. I sure prefer to stick with FL or get HPS. LED is a remote possibility but in Europe local products are hard to rate or expensive. Sure i can order from US but seems like i should take it easy for my first indoors grow.

So yeah, with FL is can blast all the power needed with an ease - just need the bulbs.

Question - cold blue daylight would be good for vegetation, should i get warmer ones for flowering? Or not? If my setup is all FL - what do i do for flowering phase?

p.s. my grow is SH#9

get a dual spectrum 300w CFL & reflector off Amazon; also consider heat exhaust - I ran two 300w CFLs and they generated more heat than a 600w HPS in a cooltube :Namaste:

I almost placed an order for a Mars II 1200 until I saw someone replace two of them with two P450s, and get better results - always best to present the facts to those you're recommending a product too :Namaste:

of course, but you also need to take into consideration that using two lights is almost always more effective than using one.
Since the light is easier to adjust, and can be spaced out to provide superior coverage with equal wattage.

My mistake, medicated.
I will say this, the mars are great for cash spent, there are higher end LEDs out there, and you'll pay more. The P450's are almost a 25% increase in cost, but you've seen people get better results.
Whatever works for each person in their budget/priorities.
I'd rather spend the extra money I save on getting better quality filters,buying the additives we all love but often don't need and quieter fans ^.^ (I'm on a fixed income so this is what worked for me, ya know)

Back
Top Bottom