MJ420's Second - Dutch Passion's Blueberry and Strawberry Cough Fem SCROG

Re: MJ420's Second. Dutch Passion's Blueberry and Strawberry Cough Fem SCROG

Damn! i just about broke my monitor trying to crash through it to get a whiff of those buds.
they look awesome!
It looked like about 50% orange pistils on the SBC but i couldn't tell on the bb but the bb nugs look tight as all hell. what does it look like in person?

Hey Falcore,

Great to hear always and :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Some of the Strawberry Cough I would definitely say 50/50 on the orange pistil ratio is right on...
But there are some that are still growing more than maturing.
I can see some that have fresh Calyxes coming off the sides and some that are getting more and more orange by the day !

The Blueberry is showing little orange hairs at this point .

That leads me to another thing I came to a conclusion about ...

Dutch Passion's Blueberry's ratio of 80/20 Indica/Sativa is no where close IMO. 70/30 is generous and 60/40 is more realistic . Same scenario with the Strawberry Cough.
And again this is just my opinion .

There's quite a few Dutch Passion grows out there ...
Anyone Agree/Disagree please feel free to post it here.

Again rant is done !! ( This Tequila will do that ! )

Falcore,
Thank you for stopping by !
MJ420:peace:

Nice grow dude......looks similar to my Strawberry Cough, but slightly different pheno.
My leaflets are curved a bit, but the buds look similar (except when i rock juice them).

Keep up the pictures, we are all watching even if we dont post often

Hey Jamahl,

My Strawberry Cough's leaves are staring to curl slightly .
I thought It was an overwatering issue .

What was your conclusion with that ?

Thanks for stopping by !!

Hey 420,

Just snapped these after the lights went out !

Again, I am sorry about the blurriness .

This picture shows both,
Blueberry in front , Strawberry Cough in back.
4-9_1.JPG

Two Blueberry Buds.
4-9_2.JPG

Thanks for looking !

Awesome MJ, absolutely awesome! You've made a great case for long veg times - something I'll be doing with my new grow.

Regarding the leaf curl, given that you've been able to make it this far without overwatering I doubt that's the issue. I think I caught a glimpse of a Hold All moisture meter in one of your earlier pics? - if so, given where your plants are currently at it's time to water when you insert the probes nearly to the bottom of the pots and it reads "3".

Leaf curl can often signal nuterient issues and it may be the blueberry wants something different than the SC. It's a tough problem to figure out - especially in soil. That said, given that you're almost 3/4 of the way through flowering it could just be that the plant is showing its age. From what I've observed most plants show some leaf issues near the end of the grow.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though. You're in the home stretch now and a fabulous harvest is virtually assured. I know this part of the grow is really boring and the temptation to fiddle with exotic additives or techniques is sooooooo tempting. Just keep doing what you're doing - everything's going great!

Awesome MJ, absolutely awesome! You've made a great case for long veg times - something I'll be doing with my new grow.

Regarding the leaf curl, given that you've been able to make it this far without overwatering I doubt that's the issue. I think I caught a glimpse of a Hold All moisture meter in one of your earlier pics? - if so, given where your plants are currently at it's time to water when you insert the probes nearly to the bottom of the pots and it reads "3".

Leaf curl can often signal nuterient issues and it may be the blueberry wants something different than the SC. It's a tough problem to figure out - especially in soil. That said, given that you're almost 3/4 of the way through flowering it could just be that the plant is showing its age. From what I've observed most plants show some leaf issues near the end of the grow.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though. You're in the home stretch now and a fabulous harvest is virtually assured. I know this part of the grow is really boring and the temptation to fiddle with exotic additives or techniques is sooooooo tempting. Just keep doing what you're doing - everything's going great!

Hey Usul,

Always appreciated, Thank you !

Regarding the moisture meter,
My pots are so deep that my meter only can read the top 1/3rd .
It is not at all accurate for PH or moisture either.
I haven't used that thing in months, other than the light meter feature.

I think/hope you are right about it just being older age.
Little to no leaves on the Strawberry Cough show burn or deficiency so it makes more since at this point that it is age.

Now, About long vs short veg times ...

I'm not done yet so we will see.
However ,Next grow I will pack many more plants into a smaller space to reduce veg time . :grinjoint:
On top of reducing veg time, I feel with more plants they will have the ability to produce not necessary more weight total, but bigger buds.

One additive I do not use in any form (To my knowledge anyway ) is Sugar , Molasses , etc.

I've heard great thing about it fattening buds so I look forward to trying it on another grow.

drooling........+reps

Hey Leave Weaver,

Thank you much ! :grinjoint:

Because of your plus rep and some from Labrat,

I finally got to 100 rep !

Woot !

Thank you to all my brothers and sisters here at 420 !

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful....congrats to a beautiful grow....lavendar

can someone please tell me how to and where to go to look at the pics in the contests...is there a gallery....kinda duhh about it...thank you...lavendar:cheer:

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful....congrats to a beautiful grow....lavendar

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

can someone please tell me how to and where to go to look at the pics in the contests...is there a gallery....kinda duhh about it...thank you...lavendar:cheer:

Go to Forums and scroll down to 420 Lounge.

From there you will see 420 Contests .

:grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint:

I think I may have a Hermaphrodite !!!!!

These pictures are from the Strawberry Cough which IMO looks to have turned on me .
SANY04771.JPG

SANY04711.JPG

I'm looking for some opinions when you would chop or let it finish ?
Assuming you think it is Hermi that is ...

Today is day 53 of bloom .

All opinions are very welcome.
Thank for for your help !

def hermied on you...my DP BB also hermied crazy. let it finish..its close anyway.
If your lucky you will get some femmed seeds....Ive had outstanding luck with a WW and BB cross that hermied...has given me perdect plants so far

ditto what pit said....and thank you for directions....lavendar

oh damn the dreaded bananas at least its late into flower and it looks like 99% of your buds are female. are there any seeds developing around the male flowers? what if the sc and bb crossed? :hmmmm: that might be some good shit.
Its like jeff goldblum said playing that guy malcolm in the movie Jurassic park based off the book by that Michael guy "Life finds a way." :grinjoint:

Yup, I agree with what the others have said - let it ride. One of the plants in my last grow went hermie just a few weeks after I started flowering. I plucked off the male flowers and didn't see any more until about week 7. I let it go for a few weeks longer then plucked 'em again a week before harvest. The plant put some energy into making 3 or 4 grams of male flowers but other than that no harm done, and it produced great bud.

Kinda wish I'd let it go so I could have some feminized seeds. I've read that seeds from a hermie have a much higher chance of producing hermies, but from what Pit says, sounds like it works just fine.

def hermied on you...my DP BB also hermied crazy. let it finish..its close anyway.
If your lucky you will get some femmed seeds....Ive had outstanding luck with a WW and BB cross that hermied...has given me perdect plants so far

Hey Pit,

Unfortunate but :thanks: for your clarification .

I will be letting it finish.

I was VERY ready to chop immediately ,
And at first super pissed at myself and Dutch Passion !
But now I have calmed down and accepted that it's not that bad !

I'll try to grow the seeds in the Strawberry Cough.
(I'm assuming there will be quite a few )

ditto what pit said....and thank you for directions....lavendar

Hey Lavendar,

Thank you much for the imput ! And you are :welcome:

oh damn the dreaded bananas at least its late into flower and it looks like 99% of your buds are female. are there any seeds developing around the male flowers? what if the sc and bb crossed? :hmmmm: that might be some good shit.
Its like jeff goldblum said playing that guy malcolm in the movie Jurassic park based off the book by that Michael guy "Life finds a way." :grinjoint:

Hey Falcore,

Yea Damn bananas ,
I tried so hard to prevent it !

But as you said life found it's way.

Yes there are seeds on the Strawberry Cough that I can see.
As for the Blueberry, I hope I get a few.

Thank you for stopping by!

Yup, I agree with what the others have said - let it ride. One of the plants in my last grow went hermie just a few weeks after I started flowering. I plucked off the male flowers and didn't see any more until about week 7. I let it go for a few weeks longer then plucked 'em again a week before harvest. The plant put some energy into making 3 or 4 grams of male flowers but other than that no harm done, and it produced great bud.

Kinda wish I'd let it go so I could have some feminized seeds. I've read that seeds from a hermie have a much higher chance of producing hermies, but from what Pit says, sounds like it works just fine.

Hey Usul,

I did go back and look over the progress of your hermi a few times since I found out. Lol

I'm sure that hermies make more hermies,
I've seen that multiple, multiple times.
Like pit said though . If you get lucky then :yahoo: !

Hey Labrat,

Thank you for your feedback !

I have come to the concluson that it is just that ,
A Mag deficiency .

The watering that I found the nute limit on my Blueberry was on the 4th week of flowering.

According to the FF schedule I used tap water with ...
All three of the fox farm trio and Beastie Blooms,
Plus Purplemaxx , and my Sensi Cal/Mag .

The next watering,
( Which was just pH'ed Tap water with Purplemaxx ) and next watering ( 5th week of flowering feeding schedule and Purplemaxx )
I decided NOT to use the Sensi Cal/Mag !!!

And there my friends is the root of Mag deficiency.

I have learned from this grow that the Fox Farms nutes are a VERY basic line that is not balanced at all.

I love the Fox Farms so don't get me wrong but, when I say they are unbalanced I am speaking of the pH balance and the lack of Mag , Sul , and Cal. ( And most likely more that I have no experience with at this point :grinjoint: )

When I mix the FF line starting with my tap water which at this point is between 8-9 pH , it always brings it down to less than 5 pH.
When I was working with distilled I was always seeing low 4's to high 3's before adding pH up .

As compared to Sensi A/B which I used for hydro with little to no pH adjustments , Fox Farms is very unstable so overall as for a newer type grower I will no longer recommend the FF line.

Rant over ! :yahoo:

Labrat,
Thank you for getting me to go... hmmmmmm !!!

+ Rep if possible and Thanks for stopping by !

Thank you for looking deeper into the problem and finding some valid results on your own. Stuff like this sticks in the old LabRat's head and like all the other great stuff here at 420Mag makes us all better growers and that's what it's all about! :bravo:

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom