MJGenius Diesel CFL Soil Grow- First Journal

MJGenius

Hey guys its MJGenius. This is not my first grow, but my first journalized and publicized. I am on day 4 since germination, and have about 6 healthy sprouts. One deformity and one casualty, and two never popped up. I started with about ten. I got the seeds from the most experienced grower i know, so they are legit Diesel for sure.(I have also tried the finished product of this exact strain) As far as specs go, Im using the following setup:

Reflectix and metal tape as a reflective surface.
3- 100w equivalent daylight CFLs,1750L(for veg)
2- 100w equivalent full spectrum CFLs, 1750L(for veg)
Pro-Mix growing medium
Botanicare Nutrients(Pure Blend series)
-Pro grow
-Pro Bloom(for soil)
-Liquid Karma additive
-ZHO Root Innoculant
16oz. Party cups for seedling stage
Warm mist humidifier to control my Temp & RH
Small desk fan for exhaust(cant do any better as im renting and cant modify anything that seriously)

I will try to post some pics as soon as possible. Any feedback would be great and if i missed anything in the specs, feel free to ask me!!

This is an attempt at some pics. If anyone is reading, please let me know if you can view them.

Also, any suggestions for better circulation? Theres gotta be some creative ideas out there in somebodys stoned head haha.

Ok, lets deal with first things first. Pictures. Go to Gallery at the top, and when there, go to the right hand side, and click on Upload picture. It will give u a box, and you pick your pics from there. Then as long as they are not over 1mb, they will upload. Then when u post, click on the second icon from the right, up top of the box you are typing in. It will then allow you to click on pics, and they will appear in your post.

Better Circulation. Well, are you in a cabinet? A room? A closet? What setup do you have? If you have a box, does it have an intake hole? Passive? (no fan, just a hole). Do you only have just the 1 fan for exhaust, but no fan to blow on the plants?

Hey guitarman glad you could join me. Its acutally the opposite. I have a little fan to blow on the plants but nothing as a worthy exhaust. Im in a closet, but only a small portion of the closet. I rent my place so i cant really modify the closet i.e. cut holes in doors, walls etc. lol. So im looking into maybe a doorway fan? Its probably the best idea for me since i cant cut holes and im home a lot of the time to open the door for a couple minutes every few hours. And thanks for the pics tip idk what i did wrong haha.

1 upload to gallery!
2 when posting a quick reply click the camera with the green arrow and should open a new window
3 click what photo u want to show and shud put this in your txt box e.g

Photojpg

something like that and just post away !!!! hope that helps :goodluck:

I cant see the picture. Im going to try this again. I was extra medicated when i attemptd last night which is pretty obvious since it didnt work lol.

12112010178.jpg

12112010185.jpg
12112010175.jpg

Thanks smokey i appreciate that. As i feel like i couldve done better for 300$. Oh well lesson learned. If im going to drop that much money, I might as well buy a MH or HPS light. Anyway, I am going to pick up a doorway fan from home depot cuz my temps are runnin too high and it would be easily fixed by some good circulation. Im going to start feeding them the seedling dose of nutes today. 7.5 mL of Pro Gro and 5mL Liquid Karma. I know many people who say not to use nutes until your second set of leaves, but Liquid Karma is very very weak and im gonna go a little light on the Pro Gro. I also forgot to mention that i will only be keeping the two strongest and nicest sprouts, and plan on LST for them both.

:O 300 $ i think i spent £ 30 on my grow money is very tight coming up to christmas!!! thats a good idea on starting nutes i understand that people say to leave of until the first two leafs but if its only small measures of nutes then what harm lol whats LST? im a total newbie lol

High MJGenius,

every one is looking good and happy! though If I may interject a bit and I am sure your not going to like this. How ever I would say you might want to ditch the "day light" bulbs. they tend to run at 5000k color temp and thats barley putting you into the proper range for veg. The light needed by absorbed at the 460 to 440nm wave lengths. This is the range of light used by plants in the production of Chlorophyll a, which is used in the veg cycle to produce growth. the 5000k bulbs produce mostly between 600 and 500 with a little on either side. Its known as white light and makes great light for us humans but poor light for plants.

Back
Top Bottom