MK-Ultra Hempy - C02 - 1000 Watts

Re: MK-Ultra Hempy, C02, 1000watts.

Thanks Doc, the pics are showing up for me but I'll see if I can get them posted into my personal album for you to see...give me a few.

Good news:

I talked to my growing mentor and he said I should be just fine with the PM if I do a couple things:

1.)Any bud where the PM has spread to the base of a sugar leaf should be tossed
2.)Heat up the oven to 110 degrees and put freshly cut buds in there for 15 minutes, then hang and dry in the usual manner.

Apparently this mildew is easily killed with temperatures over 100 degrees.

The way the problem grows is that it attacks leaves and slowly spreads to buds. Mine most likely hasn't spread to a bud, and since I already discarded several buds, I should be OK.

For a prevention, he recommended Serenade, and not watering at night.

My RH has always been under control, so I don't know how I got the PM....but there it is.

I can't believe the education I'm getting on just my second grow! On the first grow, I had mites.

On this grow, I didn't get mites, because I learned how to deal with them on my first grow.

On this one I have PM right at the end....so next grow I'll know how to deal with that as well.

Second smoke report:

Using clean glass:

very smooth, very little strong taste....just a hint of green, because it's not near cured.

Whoa....this is some really strong stuff and tonite I've got a big smile on my face. This is a stong Indica buzz....forehead and face feel funny, some audio distortions and a strong body stone....definitely not gonna play good chess or poker with this weed. But I do feel warm and relaxed.

I prefer Sativa's but I think Indica lovers would really like this stuff.

I'm pretty much incapable of posting now.....been at this one for 24 minutes so far....oh! Here's some pics of a plant I harvested tonite

IMG_05774.JPG

IMG_05781.JPG

Nice, Doc. Enjoy the high my friend. Killer harvest!

Pretty buzzed myself right now. Off to bed.

Cheers, mate.

Well, We're harvested. Whew.....long night and mixed emotions at the end of this grow.

First of all, the yield is going to be good. I stopped weighing wet when I broke the 5 pound mark.

I was meticulous with the MK's that had Powdery Mildew and left at least 2 ounces on the bushes in the form of smaller tops and popcorn. Anything where the PM was too hear the actual bud was discarded. Here's pics demonstrating that. The PM had made its way to the sugar leaves. I theorized that it also might have infected the bud. Not acceptable....it was discarded. There was no sign of PM on the upper branches, so I put them in the oven at 110 degrees for 10 minutes.

I also recommend ONA....took care of the "smoking section at Grateful Dead" smell in the kitchen.
IMG_05813.JPG

IMG_05832.JPG

IMG_05842.JPG

IMG_05851.JPG

I also employed the use of a salad spinner type bud trimmer on this grow. Wow! This thing really works and is perfect if you want to make hash, and it beats the hairs off of the outer layer of the bud, in addition to trimming them close. I think a hand manicure is better, but this thing made the job go way faster.

I spent most of my time last night inspecting the plants for signs of PM prior to chopping them. The actual trimming took about an hour.

Also, the two Casey Jones were huge yielders. Here are some pics of the main from the top cola's. All are well over 12 inches and quite fat. We'll see how they dry.
IMG_05791.JPG

There is another 2-3 ounces (dried estimate) in a bag.

These were what the lower branches looked like. I got sick of trimming them so I just tossed them in the salad spinner after these two. Easily 2 ounces dried from this stuff.
IMG_05802.JPG

Finally, a typical rootball. This is not the "root rot" plant. I didn't want to pull that one in the grow room while plants were hanging up.

IMG_05824.JPG

Oh....on other thing. I'm putting the SLH clone outside for a few days. It spent 3 days in the dark, now I'm putting it outside. It still looks fantastic. I'll harvest it in a few days.

So, all in all, I'm happy, but not ecstatic about this grow, due entirely to the harvest. I made a few mistakes:

1.) I left the plants at a critical time---couldn't help it, but it was a mistake
2.) I put them under the 1000watt MH too early, which cooked the roots of two plants
3.)I did not spray for PM as a prevention.

Here's where I'm headed for my next grow:

My BCNL Producer is sold! That gives me more room, and another 1000 watts. I am trying to decide what to grow!

Santa Maria 12/12 No Mercy
Skunk/Sour Diesel
Combination of Bubba Kush, Violator Kush, Barney's Blue Cheese
Double Fun 12/12 No mercy
Lucky Queen 12/12 No mercy

I will be doing one hempy with time released nutes and one soil with time released nutes. The other hempies will be using Advanced Nutrients.

Good news:

I talked to my growing mentor and he said I should be just fine with the PM if I do a couple things:

1.)Any bud where the PM has spread to the base of a sugar leaf should be tossed
2.)Heat up the oven to 110 degrees and put freshly cut buds in there for 15 minutes, then hang and dry in the usual manner.

Apparently this mildew is easily killed with temperatures over 100 degrees.

The way the problem grows is that it attacks leaves and slowly spreads to buds. Mine most likely hasn't spread to a bud, and since I already discarded several buds, I should be OK.

For a prevention, he recommended Serenade, and not watering at night.

My RH has always been under control, so I don't know how I got the PM....but there it is.

I can't believe the education I'm getting on just my second grow! On the first grow, I had mites.

On this grow, I didn't get mites, because I learned how to deal with them on my first grow.

On this one I have PM right at the end....so next grow I'll know how to deal with that as well.

That's awesome, man. I am going to take all that info as gospel.

:thanks::peace:

And HUGE PROPS on the HARVEST!!

That's awesome, man. I am going to take all that info as gospel.

:thanks::peace:

Thanks for stopping by, PG!

I think I'm going to be OK. I am a perfectionist by nature, and when I do a project, I either do it right, or don't do it at all.

I don't want to smoke powdery mildew, and patients who get this product don't want to either. I'm reluctantly ready to toss the entire mess in the trash is something doesn't seem right.

I plan on growing for a long, long time, and insist on putting out a quality product each and every time.

On another note, this stuff is by far the strongest weed I've ever smoked. I now know what couchlock is all about....I only thought I knew before.

More than 2 hits is incapacitating for me. When smoking other strains, I easily take 4 or 5 hits and then laugh and smile. 2 hits of this MK Ultra and I'm warm, comfortable and stupid.

I can't think of a better, stronger med if you want to get a full night's sleep.

Awesome, Doc. Best wishes for your continued success. I still think you ought to try the Deep Water Culture method other than the soil. You'll be surprised how fast and lush plants will grow in a bucket of bubbly, nute water. But you obviously know what you're doing.

Awesome, Doc. Best wishes for your continued success. I still think you ought to try the Deep Water Culture method other than the soil. You'll be surprised how fast and lush plants will grow in a bucket of bubbly, nute water. But you obviously know what you're doing.

I'm sure it works great! Hydro grows faster than soil...no doubt about it. However, my goal for doing a single pot of soil is to test the time released nutes. If they work as well as I think they will, growing top shelf bud will be so simple as to be failsafe....not to mention cost next to nothing. That's worth investigating.

A lifetime supply of time released fertilizer is about 50 bucks.

Yep. The cutting was in rockwool for 3 days. I put it in soil with time released nutes and watered with un PH'd tap water.

It's doing great. Small....was on 12/12 as a cutting....but frosty and dank.

It's not the size that matters so much as how it smokes!:ganjamon:

Oh... I had four seeds pop out of 6, and I'm germinating a dozen more as I speak. The moist paper towel/plate in a freezer baggie tent works FAST! It had been about 36 hours and I had one root an inch long!

It's not the size that matters so much as how it smokes!:ganjamon:

Oh... I had four seeds pop out of 6, and I'm germinating a dozen more as I speak. The moist paper towel/plate in a freezer baggie tent works FAST! It had been about 36 hours and I had one root an inch long!

I'll find your journal and check it out....sounds great!

:thumb: Nice haul brother grower...hope all works out....well not much we can do about new health care .....so hope rest works itself out....Enjoy watching you grow and looking forward to the next :goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words. :smokin:

DocBud, Long time no talk!! Hope all is well! I started a new journal. CHeck it out.

That's great news, bro! I'll be by your journal soon.

Well here's a pic of the MK harvest. The total is 11 ounces. It's short about 4 ounces because I discarded quite a bit of smaller buds due to PM. The stuff you see here had no sign of powdery mildew and was treated at 110 degrees to kill any spores that may have been lurking. It's 100% safe to smoke. If I had any doubt at all, I reluctantly threw the buds out....hard to do, but the right thing to do.

IMG_05922.JPG

I should be able to put the Casey Jones in curing jars tonite or tomorrow at the latest.

Congrats on another great grow! Your journels are what inspired me to do my own hempy bucket grow. Love your style and method, please keep it up

Congrats on another great grow! Your journels are what inspired me to do my own hempy bucket grow. Love your style and method, please keep it up

Hey bro! Do you have a journal I can check out?

Tonite I put the Casey Jones buds in jars. Just under 8 ounces total for the two plants, dried. These buds have a really nice smell, not fruity or pine-fresh fancy.....it just smells like pot, plain old nice tasting pot.

After weighing it out I rolled a couple from some of the wispy buds that didn't go in a jar.

Smoke report:

First of all, I highly recommend Advanced Nutrients Final Phase. These plants were all flushed for 10 days using this product. Even without curing, both the MK and Casey are smooth and quite passable as far as taste. On my last grow I didn't flush as well, and the buds had a harsh, green taste until they cured for a while.

These taste good right now, and should only get better with time.

The high is very upbeat and happy. Permagrin, almost. It's very energetic, and I highly recommend it if you want a mood elevator, or want to laugh. I can type pretty well, and although my mind is wandering a bit, I can still function. For contrast, if I had this much of the MK Ultra, I'd be incapable of doing this post in under 30 minutes. They are totally different strains with different effects. I personally prefer the Casey Jones, but if you wanted to sleep right away, this wouldn't be a good choice.

I'd say this is right up there with my favorite smoke. I can't wait to try it in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom