MKono's First Indoor Grow

mkono87

Hey people, this is my first grow ever and im excited to get started. Im glad to be part of this community as I know im going to have a ton of questions as time goes on. Lets do this!

Tent: 4x4
Light: 600w mh/hps
Inline Fan: Vivosun 6" 390cfm
Filter: Vivosun 6" Carbon filter
Pots: 5gal
Medium: Sunshine Mix #4 with Frazz n' Dazzle amendments.
Nutes: Green Planet Dual Fuel 1&2
Training: Quadline, LST and Scrog

Seeds:
2x Blue Dream
1x Girl Scout Cookies

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191115_165628.jpg
    MVIMG_20191115_165628.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 86
  • MVIMG_20191116_090251.jpg
    MVIMG_20191116_090251.jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 89
  • MVIMG_20191116_090308.jpg
    MVIMG_20191116_090308.jpg
    843.8 KB · Views: 102
  • MVIMG_20191116_090320.jpg
    MVIMG_20191116_090320.jpg
    936.8 KB · Views: 84
Where did you get that frauds and dazzle? Looks beautiful! There are few things I like more than good looking soil
I bought it at a local hydro shop. They are pretty new and their website is not complete yet.

Iv set up my solo cups so can plant the seeds right away. I did not use any of the Frazz n Dazzle in the solos but might top dress it a bit a few days before it goes into a bigger pot. Hasn't even been a full 24 hours yet and im already impatient. Il be disconnecting the carbon filter as I just had it hooked up when I was cutting the venting to the proper length.
Regarding the amendments, I not sure its meant to be used alone all the way through the grow, but im under the impression I should be fine for the first 4 weeks or so and I then I can start using liquid nutes of my choosing. I have been eyeing the duel fuel 2 part system that you use both through both veg and flower. Thats still up in there air.

Attachments

• IMG_20191116_130059.jpg
    IMG_20191116_130059.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20191116_130134.jpg
    IMG_20191116_130134.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 74
Both Blue Dreams popped OVERNIGHT. Nothing yet with the other 3 but I already got the 2 in solos now and hope the others will follow soon. I have the light at 18 inches but think il move it to 30ish. From what I understand, you dont want such strong par level at first. What do you think? With the inline fan on the temps are sitting at just under 24c and humidity sitting at 32% so im thinking I have to get a small humidifer. Should I keep it at 24 hours still the break the surface?

I usually keep them on a 24 hour light cycle till the plants have poked out of the surface. Then switch to 18/6.

leaving your light at 30 would be a good idea. Depending on what light your using, you will get different answers on what height the light should be. For my veg, I only use a small T5 light, I’m able to have them pretty close, without any issues.

I’ll have to go back up and look to see what light your using again...

I usually keep them on a 24 hour light cycle till the plants have poked out of the surface. Then switch to 18/6.

leaving your light at 30 would be a good idea. Depending on what light your using, you will get different answers on what height the light should be. For my veg, I only use a small T5 light, I’m able to have them pretty close, without any issues.

I’ll have to go back up and look to see what light your using again...
600w mh/hps dimmable ballast and one of each bulb. I'm using the mh at the moment.

600w mh/hps
Yes definitely, keep it at 30 for now. Once they sprout, depending on heat, you may be able to drop it down to 2 foot above plants. Then let your plants speak to you. If your plants look like their working away from the light, then it’s too close. If their working towards the plant, then it’s at a good height.

Yes definitely, keep it at 30 for now. Once they sprout, depending on heat, you may be able to drop it down to 2 foot above plants. Then let your plants speak to you. If your plants look like their working away from the light, then it’s too close. If their working towards the plant, then it’s at a good height.
Great il keep it there hopefully the others will prop by tomorrow so they all break the soil at the same time.

Oh ok my apologies!
Im getting a head of my self lol.

what method are you choosing?

not that it really matters, but I like to soak in water for 24 hours, then switch to a paper towel folded twice, and into a sandwich baggy, (never closed fully shut) Opening the bag fully a couple times a day. I just fold the baggy once and flap the loose part of the bag over. Then leave in a dark area for another 24 hours, then into the solos.

I start in a peat pucks though, then once I see roots sticking out I, transplant into the solo, or a pot similar in size.

Oh ok my apologies!
Im getting a head of my self lol.

what method are you choosing?

not that it really matters, but I like to soak in water for 24 hours, then switch to a paper towel folded twice, and into a sandwich baggy, (never closed fully shut) Opening the bag fully a couple times a day. I just fold the baggy once and flap the loose part of the bag over. Then leave in a dark area for another 24 hours, then into the solos.

I start in a peat pucks though, then once I see roots sticking out I, transplant into the solo, or a pot similar in size.
Paper towel method, I did do the bag method on a bag seed a long time ago with success. This time just used two plates. Since they are not totally even there is a gap for air. Its sitting on my water heater as its really the only best place with a bit of warmth in the chilly basement. I wasnt home last night and the paper did dry out a little more than liked to but I got them really wet again hoping for the best. Those two went straight into the solos from the paper towel. Soaked the soil enough but not drenched.

Yeah, I’ve also done the two plates, but found it was a pain trying to keep the pt at the right moisture level. Because you don’t want the other sopping were, you just want it wet. That’s why I stuck with the baggy method. It’s acts as a humidity dome and I can leave it for longer periods without worrying about drying out the pt.

Back
Top Bottom