MKono's First Indoor Grow

Oh now I'm told and I'm not home. My babies!! Lol

Also, those last two haven't done anything so I'm considering them duds. Would update the op but seems like we can't after a while.
I’m sure they will be fine till you get home! I could even be wrong. Maybe the intensity of your light might be ok for your plants at the height it’s at. I was just saying to be on the safer side :laughtwo:

I spoke with a buddy of mine that was growing AK in dry mix, he was on week 3 of veg he wound up mixing cal-mag with is dry mix, he killed his plant. not trying to make you worry just wanted to give you more information that I received first-hand. Good luck
:laugh:
sounds like he OD’d the poor lil plant:laughtwo:

I’m sure they will be fine till you get home! I could even be wrong. Maybe the intensity of your light might be ok for your plants at the height it’s at. I was just saying to be on the safer side :laughtwo:

:laugh:
sounds like he OD’d the poor lil plant:laughtwo:
True story.. lol. I feel pretty bad for him cuz he paid quite a bit for the seeds. A very painful lesson learned.

Update Time!

Week later they seem to be going strong. Light is sitting at 28" no stretching from what I can tell. I bought a small cool mist humidifier and its struggling a bit with the light being on so not sure im keeping it. I have been spraying the soil typically every other day when the soil feel dry below. What do you guys think? Anything spotted that I dont realize?

Just out of curiosity what is the Looms of your light? Just asking because on my grow I have my lights about 18 in away from my seedlings I want to make sure I don't need to make adjustments.

What are you using?
Fsgtek dule fan double switch LED 7200LM 600WT
It's a generic brand I got off of Amazon. I'm doing my grow on a tight budget and the light that I had before was very basic. I was able to do my first grow but I know if I had better lights my plants would have been better off. Click on my link below and you can take a look at my grow but I got going on. It's (GI Jose grow)

Fsgtek dule fan double switch LED 7200LM 600WT
It's a generic brand I got off of Amazon. I'm doing my grow on a tight budget and the light that I had before was very basic. I was able to do my first grow but I know if I had better lights my plants would have been better off.
I originally looked at the same as you. It just so happened that my buddy upgraded to high end LEDs and I grabbed the hid system off him.

I originally looked at the same as you. It just so happened that my buddy upgraded to high end LEDs and I grabbed the hid system off him.
LOL. Nice! You can't beat that. The two white LEDs and the full spectrum LED on the bottom is what I did my last grow on

Attachments

• 15744498276998263865833638422811.jpg
    15744498276998263865833638422811.jpg
    631.2 KB · Views: 36
Looking good so far. Try to only mist the soil and not hit any leaves. It acts like a magnifying glass and could potentially hurt plant. They look healthy to me.

:popcorn:
I know right!? Im super happy they havent died...jk. Yeah I do know about the drops and I was afraid to wipe it off so I left it. Im trying to only check once a day maybe twice.

They look happy bro! Very heathy lil seedlings!

I was going to mention the water droplets, and like silver fox said, it burns the plant, and can leave a new grower stranded thinking there is a deficiency. No worries though! Just take a Kleenex or paper towel, (something that absorbs the water very easily) and dab at the water droplets. Other then that everything is running like clock work! :yahoo: :thumb:

I have a different method of watering. The BLT method.

Plants love a BLT (bacon lettuce tomato sandwich)

When you feed a plant a BLT but not feed the entire surface of soil, and not water till you see run off. Your plant is getting a lot of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato. The soil looks dry, so you feed her with another BLT, giving her another large dose of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato, As well as the left over scraps from the lettuce and tomato before. Giving them a mixed dose of BLT. With an improper feeding technique can lead to nutrient lockout or other deficiency problems.

Feeding properly now. You give the plant a nice BLT! Watering the entire surface of soil, let it all run down, filling up the surface of your soil again, and let it drain. Repeat until you see run off. Ensuring you that all of the roots are being fed the entire BLT given. Doing so also ensures your pulling oxygen down with the water, giving a great amount of oxygen to those roots as well, because oxygen is just as important to those roots as the nutrients are.

I have a different method of watering. The BLT method.

Plants love a BLT (bacon lettuce tomato sandwich)

When you feed a plant a BLT but not feed the entire surface of soil, and not water till you see run off. Your plant is getting a lot of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato. The soil looks dry, so you feed her with another BLT, giving her another large dose of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato, As well as the left over scraps from the lettuce and tomato before. Giving them a mixed dose of BLT. With an improper feeding technique can lead to nutrient lockout or other deficiency problems.

Feeding properly now. You give the plant a nice BLT! Watering the entire surface of soil, let it all run down, filling up the surface of your soil again, and let it drain. Repeat until you see run off. Ensuring you that all of the roots are being fed the entire BLT given. Doing so also ensures your pulling oxygen down with the water, giving a great amount of oxygen to those roots as well, because oxygen is just as important to those roots as the nutrients are.
For some reason I had to read your post a few times to understand it. See I have seen all these articles about over-watering, I think I scared myself thinking I can easily drown the thing at this young stage in its life. But tomorrow once the light come on, do what you suggested. Thanks for the sound advice :) and now I want a blt

right now, they are still young, so be diligent with your watering for the first little while. Make sure the pots are much, much lighter then when freshly watered. A lot can happen when their this young, but it won’t take long and they will soon graduate from being such a youngster! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom