MKono's First Indoor Grow

Their colors are so vibrant! Awsome vid too
Thanks dude!

Not too much of an update today. The soil is still moist and its now on day 5, full 96 hours without watering. But I guess it takes as long as it takes. They are looking super happy so just a waiting game before its first feed.I dug up the top of the soil a bit to allow more air and moisture to evaporate a bit.

Yep true story hurry up and wait game. LOL since you pot up you got more of an area to dry out. Usually for me at this point I wait till my leaves have a slight droop before I add more water and newts. That way I know the roots are done stretching out trying to find water. It helps coax The Roots freeform get a bigger root ball. They look fantastic BTW!

Yep true story hurry up and wait game. LOL since you pot up you got more of an area to dry out. Usually for me at this point I wait till my leaves have a slight droop before I add more water and newts. That way I know the roots are done stretching out trying to find water. It helps coax The Roots freeform get a bigger root ball. They look fantastic BTW!
Thanks, I suppose focusing on water the edges helps promote them roots to find water too.

This is the best example i have found to water properly. I didn't do it this way I actually had dry spots in my pots. It seems a little excessive but it does a job perfectly.

Great job being patient it’s the hardest part.

growing goes fast then slow them fast again then slow then the last 2 weeks before harvest take forever. Then you repeat :laughtwo:

Day 13

Today was feeding day! Although the drain holes were slightly damp, the top 2" at least were drying enough for me to pull the trigger. I decided to go with Duel Fuel two part system. I wanted to keep my first grow as simple as possible and with recommendation from the hydro shop owner, it was a good route to take.
Fed at half strength (0.25ml) at a ph of around 6.3. Also realized I need a much bigger measuring cup/pale. I had to make two batches of 1L each but got it pretty spot on so should be okay. Watered till bit of run off. Hopefully the plants are happy with it. I was surprised to already see a root at the bottom near a drain hole.
Question.....How quickly does cannabis typically react to a feeding? I know its fairly quick for a thirsty plant to liven up after a watering. Also, should it be a feeding every other water ie: Feed, plain water, feed, plain water?

Sometimes plants react within an hour of watering, you got to be careful with just judging the 2" of topsoil for watering. You can literally compare the size of your root ball 2 the size of your cup that you transplanted, to train the roots to go out further than that root ball they have already formed they need to spread out and explore for water so your root ball can get bigger. Best practice is to let your plants dry out a little more. This is kind of a stupid analogy but it rings true... Picture a person that is a Hermit and never leaves the house, always has food brought to him never goes out to exercises. Even though he has food and water he won't ever be as strong as an individual that's having to go out and get their food and exercise.
As far as those newts concern I've never used that brand before. I'm curious how well they would do. I know with the newts that I use I have to go 1/3 the strength because it's too strong for the little ones. I hope this helps

I know some people do not agree with that probe I showed you, but for me feeling how dry it is near the root ball Is a whole lot better than guessing. LOL but to each their own. The girls look great by the way! :thumb:

I know some people do not agree with that probe I showed you, but for me feeling how dry it is near the root ball Is a whole lot better than guessing. LOL but to each their own. The girls look great by the way! :thumb:

Being into the smart home game I was going to buy these wireless soil meters that included moisture/temp/RH but they seem to be discontinued because I can hardly find them and the ones I do are overpriced.

And thanks!

Attachments

• plant sensor.jpg
    plant sensor.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 8
Daaaaamnnn! High-tec! Lol I hope you don't think I'm shunning you for the way you grow your plants bro I'm just wanting to share what worked for me when I was first starting out.

Looking good. I think you’re right to wait a few days to water.

As far as the moisture meter I’ve seen them work with great success and would never recommend against them

I’m old school and lift them when in pots to feel weight of plant to determine if I feel they need watering. Once in the final pots I just kinda go by the putting my hand in the soil and making educated guesses :Namaste:

I was just asking the distance because I love how your girls are forming. You have little to no stretch. You're doing an awesome job!

Back
Top Bottom