MKono's First Indoor Grow

Needing a bit a help on taking the next steps. They are probably going to need another feeding in a day or two. I also see multiple thick roots at the bottom of the drain holes. The plants are working on its 5th node which is when Im deciding to top them. Now, Im assuming they still will be able to remain in the 1gal pot for another week but im guessing it will just be under week when I want to top them. I dont want to stress them out too much obviously, so what do you think I should do?

Even though your roots are showing in the holes your plants are smart enough to tuck their roots back into the soil. Lol. I would feed / water the girls and top them in their current pot, and then before the next feeding let them do your pot up. That way it gives your plant time to heal from the topping and it throw it into shock when you do you pot up. Just FYI if you see your roots in the holes that's a good thing. Its a sign of a really good root ball forming.

Sounds good I might actually feed today haven't decided
If you don't mind me asking how much did your newts cost? They look to be treating your girls really good. I'm seriously thinking of switching.

If you don't mind me asking how much did your newts cost? They look to be treating your girls really good. I'm seriously thinking of switching.
No problem. It was $40cdn for both at my local shop. They has GH and other main brands but said the duel fuel is probably the simplest out of all them. I did also mix some of the the fraz in these 1gal pots so to microbes can def be playing a role.
The first feeding was half of what it said so 0.25ml/L. Probably going to do the 0.5ml this time and see how it rolls.

I was absolutely on board with Gijose and silver fox on that plan. After getting to your last post, that could be early signs that the roots aren’t happy. Root problems can look like almost anything, and have many different symptoms. If you can easily locate some molasses, and feed that to your plant after topping or transplanting, it acts as a stress reliever, and the plants never skip a beat! :thumb:

I was absolutely on board with Gijose and silver fox on that plan. After getting to your last post, that could be early signs that the roots aren’t happy. Root problems can look like almost anything, and have many different symptoms. If you can easily locate some molasses, and feed that to your plant after topping or transplanting, it acts as a stress reliever, and the plants never skip a beat! :thumb:
If it gets any worse, I'm thinking of transplanting earlier as this is the same one that showed earlier stress signs in the solo. Can molasses be added every feeding? Perhaps il give it a go. The other two seem happy as hell.

Yeah that one might just be the faster grower out of the bunch, I don’t know. How does it look today compared to yesterday? Yep you could feed molasses with every feeding. Here are some benefits I found on feeding with molasses.

• Feeds the beneficial microorganisms in the soil
  • Improves structure and water retention of the soil
  • Enriches the soil with various essential minerals and vitamins
  • Helps to prevent the build-up of pathogens that could harm your plants
  • Helps minimise the risk for salt build-up in the soil, which could cause nutrient problems
  • Acts as a natural insecticide against common cannabis pests

Yeah that one might just be the faster grower out of the bunch, I don’t know. How does it look today compared to yesterday? Yep you could feed molasses with every feeding. Here are some benefits I found on feeding with molasses.

• Feeds the beneficial microorganisms in the soil
  • Improves structure and water retention of the soil
  • Enriches the soil with various essential minerals and vitamins
  • Helps to prevent the build-up of pathogens that could harm your plants
  • Helps minimise the risk for salt build-up in the soil, which could cause nutrient problems
  • Acts as a natural insecticide against common cannabis pests
Well whats happening is when the lights come on it perks up by then after about 4-5 hours they droop. I added another fan to help circulation as all I had was a 6" blowing in between the canopy and light. Here is two pictures from today. Maybe you can see the difference. I only have a day and a half or so to tell but it seems to be a back and forth thing. I been playing around with timelapse video so its been pretty easy to spot.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191210_132814.jpg
    MVIMG_20191210_132814.jpg
    889.3 KB · Views: 26
  • MVIMG_20191210_185644.jpg
    MVIMG_20191210_185644.jpg
    979 KB · Views: 24
Maybe raise your light a couple inches, to see if that will help the one plant that’s dropping, could be as simple as that! :thumb:
Yeah Il definitely try that.

Another question I had. Since they are working on its 5th node I'm getting ready to give them a top. Had a buddy tell me I should cut down to the 3rd and remove the foliage underneath. He never did quadlining. I'm just just curious as what the difference would be topping at 5th what I see most people do vs the 3rd.

Ahh, same thing really... all it is, is lower on the plant. I always top above the fifth, and remove the bottom two internodes, then use the top two for quad line and then the bottom (3rd node) is an extra, if it makes it to the top canopy come lollipop time, I leave them, if not I cut them off with the lollipop. Sometimes they make it to the top sometimes they don’t
C74FA047-D7C1-4C8F-83AF-5C275E9F291A.jpeg

13F1D991-4024-40F7-B085-E229E00369D0.jpeg

DC21022A-2EBB-4070-81DA-B057002347EE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom