MMJ Journal - One Man's Healing With Cannabis Experience

Wow OB, you are growing for yourself, that’s huge. Congrats, that was a long process. ...

Thanks G2HM .... there are / were 2 major obstacles. The first and most important is the smell. Venting the tent isnt enough ... opening the doors will allow enough to escape. So what Im trying is to vent the entire grow room. Keeping slight negative pressure should eliminate any smells from escaping. I hope.

The second was a source of seeds. I was uncomfortable using any of the popular ones. Did not like the 'stealth shipping' aspects.

If they dont have a phone, or dont answer it - fail.
If I cant pay with credit card - fail.
If I can pay with paypal - bonus points.

Having been badly burnt with an online order, I was very low on the trust factor.

Channel looks like a beauty! So glad you decided to grow. Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the best wishes - Im going to try and resist the temptation to screw around with them.

Came across this one today:

The Therapeutic And Dietary Benefits of Eating Raw Cannabis

Move over kale and spinach, marijuana is the new superfood! When we get down the root of the situation, cannabis is technically a vegetable, even though it's not often viewed as such.

Most people are familiar with the effects of smoking, vaping, or otherwise consuming cannabis, but have you ever considered eating it raw? From a nutritional perspective, cannabis is one of the healthiest foods you could possibly eat. It's a leafy, green vegetable that's loaded with protein, fibre, antioxidants, and a variety of vitamins and minerals. It can be blended up into a smoothie with other fruits and vegetables, pressed into a raw juice, or even eaten in a salad. The possibilities are limitless, as with most organic foods, and the health benefits are impressive.

Cannabis Raw Juice smoothie

BENEFITS OF RAW CANNABIS CONSUMPTION

Consuming cannabis straight from the earth has a multitude of therapeutic advantages. First and foremost, the cannabinoid acids, THCa (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) and CBDa (cannabidiolic acid) which are tuen into THC and CBD when cannabis is heated, remain as they are.

CBDa has anti-inflammatory properties, it functions as an antibacterial, and it's known to reduce nausea and vomiting. THCa may protect against neurodegenerative diseases, treats epilepsy and muscle spasms, and provides relief for insomnia and pain.

Cannabis will also hold on to a lot more of its beneficial terpenes when it's not getting torched. Aside from producing the aroma and flavour profile, terpenes also have their own set of medicinal properties. They're known to have antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-cancer properties.

cannabis fibre antioxidants

Like many other green, leafy vegetables, cannabis is full of chock full of fibre, protein, fatty acids and iron. It can also give you a nice daily dose of vitamins such as vitamin C for immune function, vitamin K for calcium absorption, calcium for strong bones, and folate for DNA repair. Do you happen to have any purple-leafed cannabis? If so, make sure to add that to your diet as well! It's full of antioxidants and anthocyanins, which help remove damaged cells from the body.

It is worth noting, eating raw cannabis will not get you high - as the aforementioned THCa has not been turned into THC through a heating process. For some, this will be a turn-off, but for others, this may be a benefit. Know that THCa and CBDa do not have the same effects as THC and CBD. Both sets are being investigated individually - with THC and CBD currently being believed to have the more therapeutic potential. However, this does not mean raw cannabis doesn't have its uses - especially when it comes to a healthy, wholesome food source.

“We have a series of cannabis strains called ACDC. ‘AC’ stands for alternative cannabinoid, which is the CBD acid molecule, which has come into focus lately as being very important as an anti-inflammatory. And ‘DC’ stands for dietary cannabis. […] If you do heat it, then your dose is around 10mg. And if you don’t heat it, if it’s raw, then your dose is around one to 1,000-2,000mg.” Dr. William Courtney, a medical doctor and huge promoter of the “raw greens” cannabis movement.

Salad, hemp seeds, smoothie, juicing

CONSUMPTION METHODS

It's important to remember that you need to use buds from live cannabis plants. Dried, cured buds will not work for raw cannabis consumption.

Smoothie: It's a good idea to mix it with other fruits and veggies, to dilute the bitter taste of the weed. Check out this easy and delicious recipe.
Juicing: The fresher the veggies, cannabis in this case, the better the juice.
Salad: Chop it up and mix it with some dressing for a delicious and healthy salad.
Hemp Seeds: Use just like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or any other kind of seeds you enjoy snacking on.
Cold Compressed Cannabis Oil: Use it as an olive oil substitute.

Raw cannabis products, are safe to be consumed daily, it's encouraged actually! There are so many benefits raw marijuana can offer that you just can't get any other way.

Grupdate: My little Channelle is now a week old. She has been moved to a large bucket and is now enjoying the Mars Reflector lighting.

sproutweek12.JPG

wow Oldbear she looking sweet. How long she been in that pot now

Two weeks in the big pot now after 1 week in a solo cup.

I have no idea if it matters, but I didn't want the tap root hitting the bottom of the cup.

So Gorgeous!

Thanks AK. Good genes I guess because the grower is winging it lol

I'm very pleased with how she is reacting to the soil (promix HP) and the light.

Back
Top Bottom