MMJ Journal - One Man's Healing With Cannabis Experience

Oldbear

So I've decided to make A journal or logbook to help keep track of what I'm doing. Nothing in here is backed by any scientific study or clinical trials. It's a storey of my efforts and my best description of what happens in my body.

The storey starts in the middle since I'm at day 80 something of a 90 day trial run with medical cannabis. It started on September 21ist this year.

Im getting enough early good results to give have the motivation and energy to Start this. I hope I can sustain the effort. If it helps someone else, that would be a great bonus and an additional motivator.

I didn't know where else to put this.

It will come in spurts. Long sits and key boarding aggravate sore spots. Need to keep moving.

Health summary at start of MMJP ( MMJ Program)

Major Player: Over 20 years at 6-8/10 pain scale. Sometimes a spike. It is never 0 I don't remember 0. I don't remember 5.

Along for the ride: extreme fatigue - always,, no energy to move - often, brain dead - once in a while ( wife says always), sleep apnea, depression, psd pcsd and bipolar in the family.

Mtc here ...

I'm willing to bet that the meds you grow will be far superior to those you get at the MMJ dispensary, and certainly healthier than the poisons the Drs. prescribe.

Each grow gets better, as you learn new methods. :Namaste:

Health summary at start of MMJP ( MMJ Program)

Major Player: Over 20 years at 6-8/10 pain scale. Sometimes a spike. It is never 0 I don't remember 0. I don't remember 5.

Along for the ride: extreme fatigue - always,, no energy to move - often, brain dead - once in a while ( wife says always), sleep apnea, depression, psd pcsd and bipolar in the family.

Mtc here ...

Treatment history: anti depressants, anti inflammatory, many combinations of physio massages acupuncture imsneedles, cpap machine today, light excercire, stretching and the like.

Treatment failures: I took all the pills, I did not do enough diyphysio, did not change diet enough, did not change the sugar, I keep active but mobility getting more and more limited, no work the joints program, I didn't drink enough water and I didn't listen to my body.

I'm willing to bet that the meds you grow will be far superior to those you get at the MMJ dispensary, and certainly healthier than the poisons the Drs. prescribe.

Each grow gets better, as you learn new methods. :Namaste:

Thanks for these positive thoughts ... Much appreciated. For me, growing the real medicine will come later. I'm sourcing my through an LCP a licensed cannabis producer. A legal grow at factory levels.

And a dispensary I can easily drive to. I'm in the figure out what to take in what qty and period of time stage of things. Part of that sati a / indica ratios, thc/ cbd ratios, how to take etc

I'll be ecstatic to make it growing what works best for me.

Thanks for these positive thoughts ... Much appreciated. For me, growing the real medicine will come later. I'm sourcing my through an LCP a licensed cannabis producer. A legal grow at factory levels.

And a dispensary I can easily drive to. I'm in the figure out what to take in what qty and period of time stage of things. Part of that sati a / indica ratios, thc/ cbd ratios, how to take etc

I'll be ecstatic to make it growing what works best for me.

Whatever ratio of THC to CBN you are looking for, first choose a strain that is close. Then harvest late in flower, if u want more CBD, earlier in flower if you want more THC's.

This is a place to start, then add on what you learn along the way, and from our experienced growers.

You can do a test smoke at different levels of maturity, and see what works best for you. The test smoke will be harsh because it's not cured, but you'll experience the type of high at that point in the plant's life cycle.

Whatever ratio of THC to CBN you are looking for, first choose a strain that is close. Then harvest late in flower, if u want more CBD, earlier in flower if you want more THC's.

This is a place to start, then add on what you learn along the way, and from our experienced growers.

You can do a test smoke at different levels of maturity, and see what works best for you. The test smoke will be harsh because it's not cured, but you'll experience the type of high at that point in the plant's life cycle.

Thank you for these great tips. Hey does your nickname mean Also Known as gramma? I have my grandpa badge.

:byebye: Hi Oldbear. I hope you find the perfect solution for you. What's helped best so far?

Welcome Fuzznutter and thank you for the question. It helps with content decisions :)

Present day treatment approach is working well for me. I'll post more on the history later because figuring things out has taken some effort. But I think anyone can make the trip by keeping track of what they take and how it affects them.

Here's a typical day: it's more than just what I'm taking because it is all connected.

Wake up and do a body scan. Do some diyphysio in bed if needed. Empty the bladder and drink a glass of water. GEt something to eat that's good. Have a half teaspoon of a day starter mixture - dried bud, coconut oil, lecithin, cinnamon and vanilla. This is mainly to prepare my body for the medical dose that's coming. Increased bioavailability and longer time inside before liver absorbs the good stuff.

I have a high cbd oil low thc oil that is a tincture ( you can eat it but not smoke it ). It's 200 mg in a 3 mil solution. I take one drop by putting it on a spoon. Then dab my finger and spread it on mu upper and lower gums. The rest under my tongue.

Some days I'll take a drop of thcsativa. It's a 900 mg 25 ml per bottle, 20 drops per ml tincture

Then I repeat this noonish and 6ish. I eat 5 times a day and big glass of water with each. It's often more like grazing and foraging than a sit down meal.

Reminder to self: drink more water and flush the system
Reminder to self: minimize the sugar

So this is what helps the best so far.

That was a long post for me because of sit and keyboard too long stiffness Time for some diyphysio - gentle stretches, rotating the joints. Then my favourite: Promote body healing through vacuuming. Time for some more water.

Welcome Fuzznutter and thank you for the question. It helps with content decisions :)

Present day treatment approach is working well for me. I'll post more on the history later because figuring things out has taken some effort. But I think anyone can make the trip by keeping track of what they take and how it affects them.

Here's a typical day: it's more than just what I'm taking because it is all connected.

Wake up and do a body scan. Do some diyphysio in bed if needed. Empty the bladder and drink a glass of water. GEt something to eat that's good. Have a half teaspoon of a day starter mixture - dried bud, coconut oil, lecithin, cinnamon and vanilla. This is mainly to prepare my body for the medical dose that's coming. Increased bioavailability and longer time inside before liver absorbs the good stuff.

I have a high cbd oil low thc oil that is a tincture ( you can eat it but not smoke it ). It's 200 mg in a 3 mil solution. I take one drop by putting it on a spoon. Then dab my finger and spread it on mu upper and lower gums. The rest under my tongue.

Some days I'll take a drop of thcsativa. It's a 900 mg 25 ml per bottle, 20 drops per ml tincture

Then I repeat this noonish and 6ish. I eat 5 times a day and big glass of water with each. It's often more like grazing and foraging than a sit down meal.

Reminder to self: drink more water and flush the system
Reminder to self: minimize the sugar

So this is what helps the best so far.

Definitely make sure you drink enough water. I always have a glass of water or a bottle near by. Sometimes it is easier just to sip over the coarse of an hour then to suck it all down at once. :) Subbed. :circle-of-love::peace:

More on present day situation:

Male, 65+, 5' 10", 250 lbs. That's 70 over my biomass ideal weight.
I'm not smoking anything. Had enough issues getting off tobacco and mixtures. Don't like the smell or taste.

I've decided to hold off on a vaporizer option. It's still inhaling chemical compounds. So I'll go there if ingesting it doesn'work out. My readings tell me they are expensive and high maintenance - batteries, heaters need frequent replacement.

Definitely make sure you drink enough water. I always have a glass of water or a bottle near by. Sometimes it is easier just to sip over the coarse of an hour then to suck it all down at once. :) Subbed. :circle-of-love::peace:

Hi super groomer thanks for stopping by. Since I'm often moving around I have a couple of mugs on the go. Try to take a sip every time I walk by one. Much better than the chug a lug approach for sure. I think constant and frequent intake helps with flushing too - liver, kidneys work better with proper hydration

I set a one hour timer so I know that one of those glasses should be empty by now.

More on present day situation:

Male, 65+, 5' 10", 250 lbs. That's 70 over my biomass ideal weight.
I'm not smoking anything. Had enough issues getting off tobacco and mixtures. Don't like the smell or taste.

I've decided to hold off on a vaporizer option. It's still inhaling chemical compounds. So I'll go there if ingesting it doesn'work out. My readings tell me they are expensive and high maintenance - batteries, heaters need frequent replacement.

Not Necessarily. I have 2 different vaporizers. One (my Pax) is much more maintenance then my Extreme Q. The vapor from the Q is awesome. You can really taste the terpines in each different strain. You get a faster onset with vaping, but ingesting will last much longer (IMHO). All that said, you need to find what works for you.:) :peace:

Not Necessarily. I have 2 different vaporizers. One (my Pax) is much more maintenance then my Extreme Q. The vapor from the Q is awesome. You can really taste the terpines in each different strain. You get a faster onset with vaping, but ingesting will last much longer (IMHO). All that said, you need to find what works for you.:) :peace:

Thanks so much. The selection of products out there is a challenge to sift through. A Google of top 50 vaporizers gets lots of useful information. It's great to have recommendations for later. I made the not yet decision in part based on cost. I need to know first that I can get the desired outcomes. I'm having good fortune with that.

I can confirm that ingestion of cannabis compounds does last a long time. I haven't smoked for 15 years so I can't compare directly but we are talking hours.

I am fortunate ( product use and cost wise) to get a good reaction from my ecsystem with a very low dose.

I have made progress in manipulating the intake of cannabis compounds in a way that I can manage the treatment session. I am getting better and better making different desired outcomes happen and not desired outcomes avoided. It's going to be hard to explain.

So the 10:30 break is on.

Time for a body scan, some diypfysio, water, flush, a easy to make snack of coleslaw, Apple chunks and cashews.

Note to self: next shopping buy more seeds: hemp, flax, sunflower, chia for sprinkling on everything.

I like vaping with my brother, I don't have one. smoking/vaping a little pot seems to actually help with my breathing and certainly increases my oxygen blood levels. My brother who is very ill with advanced heart disease and an inoperable growth the size of a tennis ball in one lung (supposedly benign) has demonstrated with his oxygen meter that his blood saturation level rises several points immediately after taking a hit or two! :thumb:I can relate to not wanting to smoke anything after the struggles I had quitting cigarettes!

Back
Top Bottom