MMJ Journal - One Man's Healing With Cannabis Experience

Hi TennesseeTim welcome. I'm very sorry to hear about your brother.

Very interested in the higher oxygen level after inhalation. Could you please share more on the something you use that measures that?

Thank you for these great tips. Hey does your nickname mean Also Known as gramma? I have my grandpa badge.

The nickname means Alaska Grandma. ;-

It's fun sharing ideas with older growers, because we have the same goals, when it comes to raising non-toxic meds to replace the poisons the doctors prescribe. :love:

The device is just a little thing that clips on to his finger and reads his oxygen blood levels. He uses it along with his oxygen generator to help when he is feeling sick and oxygen starved . I don't know any more about it! But I imagine, it is a common device. It gives him a set of numbers that are showing his oxygen blood level and indicates if he really needs oxygen supplementation.
Hi TennesseeTim welcome. I'm very sorry to hear about your brother.

Very interested in the higher oxygen level after inhalation. Could you please share more on the something you use that measures that?

While I don't know how the meter works he showed me a set of numbers on it's display window after removing it from his finger. We proceeded to take a couple hits from a vaporizer and he replaced the meter on his finger. When he showed me the new reading it had gone up several points. He told me the first reading indicated he probably would feel better with oxygen applied and the second showed he was better and just above where he normally puts on his oxygen.

While I don't know how the meter works he showed me a set of numbers on it's display window after removing it from his finger. We proceeded to take a couple hits from a vaporizer and he replaced the meter on his finger. When he showed me the new reading it had gone up several points. He told me the first reading indicated he probably would feel better with oxygen applied and the second showed he was better and just above where he normally puts on his oxygen.

It is called a pulse oximeter. You can get one at CVS. It measures the blood oxygen saturation level. :peace:

Hi Tim thank you for sharing the information in these last 3 posts.

It relates to a theory that I have on the back burner. I've often wondered if I have low oxygen levels and/ or what would happen if I could increase that. I know I stop breathing at night - the cpap machine helps with that.

I've come to realize that I stop breathing during the day. Walking up the stairs, doing something bending over, something that needs dexterity and fine motor skills. All examples where've noticed that I've stopped breathing and I'm out of breath and puffing.

That can't be good so I've added "pay attention to my breathing" to the routine. More oxygen in the blood will help the pain areas I think.

I investigated portable oxygen but it's very expensive. So I'm left with "hillbilly" oxygen therapy - go stand on the porch and take a few deep breaths. A few deep breaths before I take on a task like climbing stairs. The bending over problem is because of my big belly. It pushes on the diaphram and makes it hard to breath.

It is called a pulse oximeter. You can get one at CVS. It measures the blood oxygen saturation level. :peace:

Thanks for this. I'll research these devices features, availability, cost to see if one can help the program.

The cream I should mention the cream. It's called (green balm". It is marketed as soothing organic cannabis infused ointment. 500 mg thc plus 30 mg cbd in a 4 ounce jar.

It contains coco butter, coconut oil, grape seed oil, bees wax, essential oil from Rosemary, peppermint, eucalyptus, cinnamon and lavender.

Works very well on sore hand wrists and knees especially. Neck and lower back get a treatment too. Helps with psoriasis.

Provides some welcome short term relief. I can't tell if the cannabis content helps some a lot or whoopee. There is no psychoactive effect.

It's expensive at $40cdn. A future project will be to melt a qty of off the shelf cream and add cannabis oil to it.

The cream I should mention the cream. It's called (green balm". It is marketed as soothing organic cannabis infused ointment. 500 mg thc plus 30 mg cbd in a 4 ounce jar.

It contains coco butter, coconut oil, grape seed oil, bees wax, essential oil from Rosemary, peppermint, eucalyptus, cinnamon and lavender.

Works very well on sore hand wrists and knees especially. Neck and lower back get a treatment too. Helps with psoriasis.

Provides some welcome short term relief. I can't tell if the cannabis content helps some a lot or whoopee. There is no psychoactive effect.

It's expensive at $40cdn. A future project will be to melt a qty of off the shelf cream and add cannabis oil to it.

This is very similar to the cream I make. Everyone who uses it swears it works better then anything else they have tried. :circle-of-love::peace:

Background: History with Cannabis

im in high school when cannabis use first started. It was recreational use I guess you would call it. But there was also an element of self medication in there. We preferred hash.

There was alcohol involved. Beer mainly some mixed drinks wine infrequent. It wasn't until much later that I took cannabis without alcohol. It makes a difference.

All through university the cannabis alcohol combination became a regular thing. Three four times a week there would be a binge drinking with cannabis event. This was Mexican bricks with leaves, stems, seeds, and flowers all included.

Cannabis use dropped a lot post school. Other things were going on and there was no reliable source that I bothered to look for. This goes on for 25 years. Someone may have some at a gathering here and there and I would share. I was smoking cannabis then, as well as tobacco. Little chunks of hash or an oil tab in a cigarette was a common method of intake.

im remembering a funny storey where my sisters mother-law asked her how come I was so good at hand rolling a cigarette.

The alcohol use continued. The frequency and volume of intake slowly increased over the years. The diet high in low grade carbs and sugar continues.

This is very similar to the cream I make. Everyone who uses it swears it works better then anything else they have tried. :circle-of-love::peace:

That's wonderful to hear :). Would you be willing to post the recipe or link to it if it's already on here? Pre this mixture I was using myoflex. I've tried many over the years.

That's wonderful to hear :). Would you be willing to post the recipe or link to it if it's already on here? Pre this mixture I was using myoflex. I've tried many over the years.

There are several slightly different formulations, but the one that I have locked down for me is this.

1 3/8 c grape seed oil
1/4c Beeswax (I buy a 1lb brick at Michaels and cut it into quarters)
1 3/8c Infused Coconut oil.

I always have infused coconut oil on hand. I make it in my Magical Butter Machine I use it in my brownies too.

In a double boiler put grape seed oil and beeswax. Let dissolve together. If you grate up the wax it goes faster.

When wax is melted, add coconut oil. You can also add any essential oils that you like at this time. My latest batch I used lavender. I add oils at 20 drops per cup. This makes 3c so I add 60 drops. I then use 9oz mason jars and pour the mixture into 3 jars. Let it sit for an hour or so to cool and you have 3 8oz bottles of cream. :circle-of-love::peace:

There are several slightly different formulations, but the one that I have locked down for me is this.

1 3/8 c grape seed oil
1/4c Beeswax (I buy a 1lb brick at Michaels and cut it into quarters)
1 3/8c Infused Coconut oil.

I always have infused coconut oil on hand. I make it in my Magical Butter Machine I use it in my brownies too.

In a double boiler put grape seed oil and beeswax. Let dissolve together. If you grate up the wax it goes faster.

When wax is melted, add coconut oil. You can also add any essential oils that you like at this time. My latest batch I used lavender. I add oils at 20 drops per cup. This makes 3c so I add 60 drops. I then use 9oz mason jars and pour the mixture into 3 jars. Let it sit for an hour or so to cool and you have 3 8oz bottles of cream. :circle-of-love::peace:

Thanks for this. I'll have to try it out. Do you know how much thc/cbd is used.

Thanks for this. I'll have to try it out. Do you know how much thc/cbd is used.

I can't tell you exactly. I have never had my flower tested. I will use 1g of flower or 3g of trim per oz of oil. My last batch of oil was a mixture of Train Wreck (18% THC 3% CBD) and c99. Not sure where she was at, but I would guess high teens to low twenty's for her. :peace:

Things I've learned: medical cannabis treatment requires knowledge of weights and measures. Like baking, beer making many more examples

Remember the good old days in science class, or chemistry or physics? Well damn if I don't need to use that knowledge now. Then of course there is metric conversion. It was all imperial measures back then. I'm post one room school house with a wood stove...but not by much.

Terms grams milligrams millilitres teaspoons, tablespoons are remembered. Little spoons in the drawer that are used for baking. Some little syringes to measure liquids. All these and more are quickly gathered to be tools in the MClab (( the medical cannabis lab)

Note to self: wear your reading glasses fool so you can read the labels and little numbers and simbols.

It's a bad day here. Very windy and cold. Not nice to be out so I'm not. I feel sorry for the wild turkeys. There best foraging spot is on a hill exposed to a wind that has peeled a foot of snow of the grasses. I leave wildflower and weed seed in the lawn so there is something to eat.

The Hurd of Turkeys comes by twice a day. Typical count is 9 to 20. Little birds are hunkered down too.

I'm have been making a mistake today. The weather has the joints more sore and creaky today. So I've been spending too long sitting beside a toasty wood stove. So the oldbrain says don't move around stay here in the toasty heat. Play on the tablet. Do a garage band tune, read a book all sound good. Except I'm not moving enough to, and I'm behind in water and food.

Back
Top Bottom