MMJ Journal - One Man's Healing With Cannabis Experience

Good news the new brain won this round. So I got moving topped up the tanks, and did a full body joint manipulation thing in the hillbilly sauna. That's where you wear dark clothes and do your stretches on a mat in front of the in full sun patio door.

All part of diyphysio.

Before I forget diyphysio favorite: Do a maintenance check on cannabis levels then do the dishes by hand. First you get cleanup points and the warm soapy water feels so good. It's move you fingers hands wrists every which way slowly rotating everything in time to some song in your head. Stand on tippy toes a couple times hold them up sometimes. A little knee bending hula hoop action works too. Drying brings lots of circular movements and stretching and bending. Yes woohoo free physio who knew. I'm having fun.

Background: history with cannabis Cont

I'll make it quick. Spent some experimenting with dried bud. It would break off a chunk where the seed would be and munch away. The taste was bad but liked the outcome so did that for awhile.

Fast forward. I was running low and decided to grow a plant. So started it in a 2 gal milk jug took a crop of popcorn buds then revegged it outside. Ggod plant dirt (so I thought then) and against the darker colour brick wall. The pant did well lasted me two years or so.

Ok so now I'm at January 2016 in the storey.

I've been reading a lot and not even playing at medical dosing. I don't think I have any.

I'm researching seeds from seed banks thinking I'm after an indica for sure. That's all I know. After some websearch, I land on a seed seller web site. Has what I want price is good 40 minutes away. My first seed bank purchase is in the books. Is it cheating to walk in have them hand a nice package all labeled to you, you give them cash? No stress no lost in mail no rip off no money for nothing. I'm fortunate to have that option.

So now I'm a grower. Sure ...I've done this. I'm off to the general store. Now picture this it's like a blizzard, very cold wind, blowing snow. the only customers I saw that day came on Snow machines good storey about pulling some citiot ( city idiot ) ot of the bank because he couldn't steer his all wheel drive giant size atv around a corner bigger than a 401 interchange.

There I am in the blizzard in the middle of the store which is a gathering place. I wait my turn and cheerfully ask "do you have any potting soil?"

Some funny looks and chuckles. The owner dead pans "well I don't get a biig demand for that in February but let me check inventory. Sure enough bin 14 shed C there was what I needed.

Loaded up with some brand of enriched potting soil, I head on home to do the preparation. Now getting the 2 gal pots ready was a bit of an expectant father overreach. You should germinate them first my memory serves. Ok paper plates napkins a little water... Ya I've got this. I've done this. So good news in spite of older unrefreshed knowledge I got them from seed, to cup to pot.

My little garden is doing well and all is good in nooby gardening land until the storm. Yes some thunder lightning and major wind storm - the family has come for a visit and are wondering what that smell is.

The plants and I survive the weekend after renewed vows that this was growing the right plant for what I thought I needed.

Two boys - one I ate, the second was used to confirm a plant left in the sun all summer in a plastic bucket with no water can flourish once it cools down and it gets some rain. Unbelievable really.

The two girls were moved outside The end of May once it warmed up. The timing was way off re summer solstice so they needed to reveg. They did poorly as orphans in the hottest driest summer in forever. A couple ounces was some victory but by harvest time I already had the medical grade legal to have products. That's the end of grow 3. Close that journal with many lessons learned and other takeaways . The storey is about 30 days away from being legal cannabis card carrying member of the medical cannabis community.

Good morning all. Wicked cold today. Freeze your ass cold. Die in 20 minutes cold if you ever got locked out without proper clothes.

Changes the start up routine this am with good results. The bladder alarm went off at 5. After flush and hydration I took the daily start up dose.

The change is I went back to bed turned the mattress warmer up to 5 and enjoyed my full body hillbilly massage pad. Felt so good to run the body scan then to a full body joint flex and stretch while under the covers.

This might become permanent.

My goal today is to crunch the numbers to calculate for my different cannabis compound sources exactly how much thc and cbd I'm ingesting. Without that precision accurate and repeatable "medical dosing" is not possible for me. I'm not sure this is necessary yet but can easily return to approximations later. I think it becomes more essential as the quantity required to achieve the results I am after get smaller and smaller.

That's happening you see. I'm getting similar to better results usung less and lessL product.

THC sativa tincture
900 mg in 25 ml edible oil (not for smoking) 24 drops per ml
I have 25 * 24 drops for a total of 600. Strength is 900 mg / 600 Dose drops gives me 1.5 mg per drop. So I'm going to use That as the strength for this one.
Cost is $50 for 900 mg $.05 per mg and $.07 dose drop

CBD indica oil (this solution is thicker than the tincture and runnier that cco)
200 mg in a 3 ml mct oil also 24 drops per ml
I have 3 x 24 drops for a total of 72. Strength is 200 mg / 72 dose drops gives me 2.7 mg per drop so let's round that to 2.5mg
Cost was $60 for 200mg $.30 per mg and $0.75 per dose drop.

Note: I have found a new source $70 for 300 mg or $0.23 mg and $0.58 per dose drop (it's in a 1 ml solution and will be thinned down to 3 ml.

Morning startup paste
Start with 8 grams toasted crumbled bud it's 9 % thc and 9% cbd
That's rounded to 90 mg thc and 90 mg cbd total cannabis compounds 180
Add 2 table spoons coconut oil and 1 teaspoon lecithin ( this is a powdered one couldn't find liquid.)
A splash of water
Put water in a saucepan about half inch deep. Bring to a gentle boil.
Warm up the oil and lecithin and water solution in a small glass or metal container in the water bath.
Stir in the bud crumble and let it all simmer away and blend together.
Add whatever flavourings you choose. I used some cinnamon and vanilla in this one.
Use the water as temp guage you want just producing some steam.

Put the cooled but still warm solution into a container. I put all the plant material in this. I don't mind eating it. It tastes like coconut with a cinnamon undertone. It doesn't taste or smell like bud. The texture of the paste is like eating moist ground coconut.

My calculations ignore the liquids. A mg of thc is the same whether iits a drop on the gums or in a xlarge coffee or a Brownie

So of 180 mg total cannabis compounds available estimating 60 doses from the jar that's 3 mg thc and cbd per dose. At $6 gram from the LP factory ( a mixed blend no idea the strain ratios) I've got $48 invested in this1 batch divided by 180 mg is $0.27 mg or $ 0.80 per dose.

Edit to add I doubt I'll make this again. I think I'm better mixing just tinctures and oils and will stay away from dried herb for now. A damp finger dab in a personal jar of baked herb happens from time to time. It's a middle of the day maintenance dose. Stamp this as fail - just not for me - at this time. A new start the day routine is needed.

Hillbilly weather station: look outside. If you see squirrels running about its warm enough to go outside.

Diyphysio pro tip: buy a wood stove. The heat is so comforting like it wraps you in a blanket. Not the same as a cozy up to the furnace heat vent. The bending and lifting and stretching excerces is worth many $70 trips to the physio shop. I'm moving approx 2 tons of wood 4 times not counting the ashes. If it comes in full logs add 2 more. If you are cutting the trees add 2 more. Works out to 8 tons of physio workouts over 5 months. The wood cost is 3 bush cords of clean hard red oak is $120 / cord cut split delivered. That's all I use over a winter here. It's supplementary heat but it's roughly 30% of yearly heat bill.

If I can workout with the woodpile and save 5 trips to physio then the wood is paid for. Enough diyphysio I don't need to go there at all.

Daily dosing for last week including today:

Start the day: 1.5 mg thc plus 1.5 mg cbd mixed with coconut and lecithin. After breakfast take 2.5 mg cbd drop.
At the 11:am take a break run the body scan and optionally take 1/2 drop of sativa thc (0.75 mg)
At 12: pm take a break run the scan and optionally take 1/2 drop thc (.75 mg ) and/or 1/2 drop cbd (1.4 mg)
At 3:00 pm take a break run the scan and optionally take as at noon.
At 6:00 daily shut down: one drop cbd oil (2.5 mg)

Daily average intake: cbd 1.5 + 2.5 + 1.25 + 2.5 = 7.75 mg / day
Daily average intake: thc 1.5 + .75 + .75 = 3 mg day.

So my recommended treatment program has been:

Take one unit of startup mix once daily when you get up.
Take 1 unit cbd oil 15 minutes after breakfast.
Take 1/2 unit thc sativa up to 3 x daily if needed
Take 1/2 unit cbd oil at noon if needed.
Take 1 unit cbd oil Before bed.

It's taken awhile to figure out this dosing plan, to be able to write it down and to make it repeatable and consistent.

Old Bear, We have some similarities! I have some breathing impairment from smoking cigarettes, No doubt! Along with some early heart disease issues shortness of breath happens. Climbing stairs, pushing a broom, whatever can be like a workout use to be for me! I too, use hillbilly methods to treat for many of my issues (I am probably a real hillbilly) living in the country.:) I don't have decent income but I make it alright by treating myself and saving the expense of doctors and big pharm as much as possible. I am forced to make my own CCO, edibles and butter. I have been enjoying a good bit of success and improvement with my RA, medicating this way! I dropped 5 out of seven prescription drugs this year and canceled all doctor appointments since back in the spring! I find keeping hydrated, keeping moving, light bending, stretching, garden and house cleaning help along with the cannabis! I will go for a couple check ups in the spring but the doctors are seeing much less of me . My self treatments work better than what they have done for me!
Hi Tim thank you for sharing the information in these last 3 posts.

It relates to a theory that I have on the back burner. I've often wondered if I have low oxygen levels and/ or what would happen if I could increase that. I know I stop breathing at night - the cpap machine helps with that.

I've come to realize that I stop breathing during the day. Walking up the stairs, doing something bending over, something that needs dexterity and fine motor skills. All examples where've noticed that I've stopped breathing and I'm out of breath and puffing.

That can't be good so I've added "pay attention to my breathing" to the routine. More oxygen in the blood will help the pain areas I think.

I investigated portable oxygen but it's very expensive. So I'm left with "hillbilly" oxygen therapy - go stand on the porch and take a few deep breaths. A few deep breaths before I take on a task like climbing stairs. The bending over problem is because of my big belly. It pushes on the diaphram and makes it hard to breath.

G'day Tim thanks for stopping by the Old Bear Den. I'm a couple hours sw of Ottawa. It's the edge of the Canadian Shield. Lots of granite chunks and pines, oaks,maples, ash. Lots of lakes. Lots of hills that you would use for speed bumps.

I'm at 'the Cabin'. Edge of a lake surrounded by ah yes nothing. Nothing but what Mother Nature put there. Oh I love that sound. Back to town Monday.

I'm hoping to one day grow my own meds. Make by own oils,tinctures at the like. I'm pleased to hear you are having good success with your healing program. We are on the same page with the hydration and movement etc.

Loaded up with some brand of enriched potting soil, I head on home to do the preparation. Now getting the 2 gal pots ready was a bit of an expectant father overreach. You should germinate them first my memory serves. Ok paper plates napkins a little water... Ya I've got this. I've done this. So good news in spite of older unrefreshed knowledge I got them from seed, to cup to pot.

My little garden is doing well and all is good in nooby gardening land until the storm. Yes some thunder lightning and major wind storm - the family has come for a visit and are wondering what that smell is.

This gets funnier the more I read it! I can see you fumbling around, trying to get the order of setting this up correct, then Oh SH**T! FAMILY shows up!

:rofl:

This gets funnier the more I read it! I can see you fumbling around, trying to get the order of setting this up correct, then Oh SH**T! FAMILY shows up!

:rofl:

Oh yes that needed some tap dancing. My defence of "we talked about me growing some plants" received a "well I didn't realize you meant now and that you wanted to grow them in the house". They stink ...

I have gone nose blind it seems. What helped was the family members got used to the small too.

My little garden of 4 afghan Kush babies was a problem. Saved by the fact that I could take them outside during the day and the two girls were planted outside before they came back.

New development today. I wake up with the realization that the very pleasant sensation that comes with the proper dose for me, it's still there. It may not be the first time, but it's the first time I realize that my dosing plan is now providing sufficient intake and reserve building that it lasts overnight. I cut the morning startup dose to half what it was. Good news that works too.

I can't explain this: adjustments to the dosing plan have been made in small increments giving each a 2 to 3 day trial. The direction has always and only been downward. Take less, take it farther apart. I'm really enjoying the result.

Oldbear, After self "medicating" for 45 plus years, I can say that your on the right track! It is easy to overdose on the long run and mess up your gains! Being aware of your body and your goals is the key! That bit coming from someone famous for messing up and over dosing! I do enjoy a relaxing stoned high from cannabis, but have to remind myself that getting positive improvements to my health is more important! Moderation is my present approach and diminishing doses of edibles and smoke, as long as I keep the positive effects. I tend to now only take one to two small doses of edibles (oil/butter) per day and smoke a tad in the evening while maintaining some control over my RA and anxiety/panic problem.

My First Grow.

This won't take long. It was a single bag seed in a tin can full of whatever mud we could scrape up outside. It's spring mid April in Toronto spring. Do the paper towel trick get a nice seedling. The poor thing is on a north facing window ledge over a hot water register. Never had a chance but it sprouted up a little and grew a set of leaves any way. There was no light. It's life was short. I ate it before any gender shown. School was over for the year. Time to move out.

Its1971.

Oldbear, After self "medicating" for 45 plus years, I can say that your on the right track! It is easy to overdose on the long run and mess up your gains! Being aware of your body and your goals is the key! That bit coming from someone famous for messing up and over dosing! I do enjoy a relaxing stoned high from cannabis, but have to remind myself that getting positive improvements to my health is more important! Moderation is my present approach and diminishing doses of edibles and smoke, as long as I keep the positive effects. I tend to now only take one to two small doses of edibles (oil/butter) per day and smoke a tad in the evening while maintaining some control over my RA and anxiety/panic problem.

tTim this 100% relates to me. Thanks for saying it so well.

Back
Top Bottom