MMJ Journal - One Man's Healing With Cannabis Experience

Here's a write up on the plant I'm growing.

Channel+

Indoor vegetative period: 2 to 3 weeks.
Indoor flowering period: Very fast, 45 to 50 days.
Indoor production (per m2): 600 grams or plus.
Outdoor height: 3 m.
Outdoor flowering period: Late September.
Outdoor production: Very high, occasionally more than 1 kg.
THC: 15% to 20%.
CBD: Very high.
Genetics: Highly potent Indica, with a Skunk touch.

Enormous aroma and amazing bouquet, perfect for SCROG cultivation. It grows up like a Sativa, thin and without many leaves. When flowering it grows taller but keeps a compact shape, as an Indica. Very fast {45 to 50 days}, and suitable for all kind of growers and growing systems. Brilliant as a mother due to the fast-rooting clones it produces. Extraordinary mental effect and also a very pleasant physical one, since its high THC and CBD percentage.

Two weeks in the big pot now after 1 week in a solo cup.

I have no idea if it matters, but I didn't want the tap root hitting the bottom of the cup.

In my experience, the taproot hitting bottom only affects Autos. It signals the plant to flower, since there is no more room to grow.

I had a 7 inch auto with a 3 inch COLA, because I forgot the little gal was an auto. I usually plant autos in a bottomless solo cup buried in their final pots (Like a collar to concentrate the water), then remove the solo collar when the plants show a growth spurt.

However, the size of the container does have an effect on how big a photo or fem will grow, before you switch it. But these won't flower until you change their photoperiod.

I have to confess to Mother Nature.

I couldn't resist the urge to mess with my plant. Thousands of years of evolution and yet this noob decides to help it along.

It wasn't major surgery just a trim of 6 fan leaves. But still.....

Channelle with a haircut

12DD169F-2924-4D18-8B83-03CF5B97318A.jpeg

Also I flipped on the bloom side of the light. Wanted to get her used to the full spectrum. Ill start reducing the light per day next week. Although is a fast grower, its not labelled as an auto. So I'm not sure if less light / more dark is necessary to get flower hormones flowing.

I'm working on the theory that going to 12/12 wont hurt anything.

The cropped fan leaves are pristine, fresh and very tasty. Yes I'm eating them.

I think its too young to have any trichomes but there is a definite reaction to munching on a leaf. It must be the terpenes. Could be there is THCa in the leaf.

This will be an ongoing thing - trim a little off for fresh material ingestion. Just like people do with other herbs - rosemary, parsley, sage etc.

Here's a write up on the plant I'm growing.

Channel+

Indoor vegetative period: 2 to 3 weeks.
Indoor flowering period: Very fast, 45 to 50 days.
Indoor production (per m2): 600 grams or plus.
Outdoor height: 3 m.
Outdoor flowering period: Late September.
Outdoor production: Very high, occasionally more than 1 kg.
THC: 15% to 20%.
CBD: Very high.
Genetics: Highly potent Indica, with a Skunk touch.

Enormous aroma and amazing bouquet, perfect for SCROG cultivation. It grows up like a Sativa, thin and without many leaves. When flowering it grows taller but keeps a compact shape, as an Indica. Very fast {45 to 50 days}, and suitable for all kind of growers and growing systems. Brilliant as a mother due to the fast-rooting clones it produces. Extraordinary mental effect and also a very pleasant physical one, since its high THC and CBD percentage.

That veg period is awfully short. I go 3 MONTHS before switching. Bigger plant = bigger yield. But, maybe that's why my ladies look like hell at harvest: they're worn completely out.

We veg for 60 days and get decent yields. You might want to consider extending the veg time, especially if she is a bit on the tiny side. I am looking forward to seeing pics of her at 2-3 weeks, though!

We veg for 60 days and get decent yields. You might want to consider extending the veg time, especially if she is a bit on the tiny side. I am looking forward to seeing pics of her at 2-3 weeks, though!

This is the 3 week picture before her haircut. Shes in a 9 inch by 9 inch container 14 inches deep.

BEBFC937-3748-4CE7-ACBF-92BA2CE48D95.jpeg

Thanks for comments about veg times. This first under LED grow will be my baseline. The first week is 'seeding'. Then I'll 'veg' it for the 3 weeks recommended. Then I'll flip to flower mode. That will provide needed feedback on the yield and size at the end.

Next time I'll increase the veg times just to see.

I'm feeling how growing your own can get quite addictive. I have a Northern Lights auto seed and I want to pop one just to see how that one grows.

But I don't have the lighting for 2 at once, and the smell remains a concern......

Grupdate: She is 28 days old today. One week of seedling followed by 3 weeks of veg. The bloom light is on and I'm about to reduce to 14/10 lighting. No pistils yet.

6DC7104F-F83B-47B8-93B7-BB7017DDF041.jpeg

No ill effects from the little trim I gave her last week. Seems to really like the light and the soil. No nutes yet - in fact I may not add any for the entire grow. Im assuming the people who made the organic soil know what they are doing and there is enough food in there for a 70 day grow. Will see.

I do have some mild crispy tips. Operator error - didn't raise the light when I tuned on the bloom side.

Im afraid little Channelle is no more :sniffle:

Even with a vented to outside grow room and vented to outside grow cabinet there were enough smells floating about to be a problem. So she was harvested today just as a few pistils were making an appearance.

Takeaways:

Got to examine the root structure. There was no carrot like taproot. It started to branch out after just a couple of inches. For her size she had a lot of roots. About the size of a cantaloupe melon. So my pots were a good size for the structure. I dont think they would hit the bottom.

Watering protocol was good. I avoided overwatering by using a meter to test at different depths. It was damp but not soaked all the way to the bottom. The High Porosity soil worked well. Ill use it for the outside plants too.

She was a fragrant girl as was advertised. The terpenes started to smell at about two weeks. Given their purpose, no surprise. There are tiny white dots on the leaves. I dont have the magnification to see if they are early trichomes. There is a slight oily feel to the leaves.

I'm very pleased with the light through veg period. Would have liked to check out bloom phase results but was not to be.

My no nutes plan worked well through veg. Very healthy with no signs of too much too little of anything.

I was doing ph adjustments from 7 to 6.5 using household vinegar. No problems apparent from using that.

The tiny fresh leaves are very tasty. Almost sweet. Whatever is in or on them I get a pleasant reaction from it. Fresh raw cannabis ingestion has merit it seems.

As for the plant, Ill freeze the tiny leaves for snacks. Im going to grind up the larger leaves and thin stems with coconut oil to see what thats like. It will all be fresh harvest - no plant drying.

After I trim things up Ill weigh it just to see what quantity of light strength meds I can grow in 30 days.

So thats it for the fall 2017 mini grow.

Maybe Santa will bring me a greenhouse lol

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom