Mmmomma's First Grow Outdoors Strawberry Dream & SFV OG - 2013

mmmomma

I have started my grow and need help. I was not going to do a journal because I don't know what the hell I'm doing honestly, but I think I need help and this is probably the best way to get it. I have been reading all the forums, and how to's. Great information out there! I am brand new to this whole thing- have my mm card d and am a decent gardener so I thought I'd give a grow a shot. Got my clones from a dispensary. Never manage to do well with things in pots so I stuck them in the ground a couple of days after getting them home. Unfortunately the Strawberry Dream lost a leaf set in transport and now she's not looking too good.

So here, is what I know and it's not much. This one is a SFV OG, Indica that is doing great I think. She looks happy to me!
2013-08-08_MM_grow_1_012.JPG

Her leaves were cut off like that when I got her. Have no idea why.

Now here's my problem child. Strawberry Dream Sativa. I got her in veg stage she ha d one more set of leaves that she lost in transit. I put them in the ground last weekend. Have been watering regularly when soil is not completely dried out, but not still wet. She looked better before I planted her, but has looked like this ever since. The soil is my raised bed soil that I amended with fresh compost from my compost pile. I have not checked ph yet. Still figuring out how to do that. Water every day or so since it's hot here ( Southern California) and I didn't want them to dry out. Have not fertilized yet, though I did put some fish emulsion in the bottom of the hole ( two feet down ) before I put compost in and plant.

Her leaves were cut off like that at the tips too when I got them.

Her leaves look very unhappy to me... does anyone know what this is? Have any advice?? And in the pic below you can see where she lost her branch.

Any help would be very much appreciated! I did look in the plant abuse chart, but didn't see anything that looked like this. Thank you!

re: Mmmomma's First Grow Outdoors Strawberry Dream & SFV OG - 2013

Hi mmm, wish I knew what was wrong with her. I know it is typical practice to "cut" the leaves when cloning, however, I have never cloned. I'm sure you can Google or find on this site the reason for cutting the leaves. Nice to see the other plant is doing well. Good luck, hopefully someone will give their 2 cents.

Hi jimmy! Thanks! Me too. Love your disclaimer btw.

subscribed. your Strawberry Dream Sativa does not have any growing tips on it, it will not grow more. Strawberry Dream Sativa is dead for all intent and purposes. leaf are cut for clones to reduce the amount of material a cutting can maintain and still root.

your Strawberry Dream Sativa does not have any growing tips on it, it will not grow more. Strawberry Dream Sativa is dead for all intent and purposes.

Oh, that makes me so sad. Let's hope I can pick up another one. Thanks so much for your help King John. It is much appreciated! Now I know I have to go find some more.

Good morning! Thought I'd post an update before I mess with my girl just in case. Took some pics of her this morning and measured PH. It looks to be a 7, or just under. I have read so much here that I can't remember now if that's a good thing, or not? Should she be in acid or alkaline soil?? l

I think it's time to start tying her down? Will try my hand at that later today. If you have any advice for me I'd love to hear it! Thanks for looking!

you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Thanks King John again! It is closer to 7 I found out today. Forgive yet another dumb question but what is a good way to get it down outdoors in a bed like this? I'm sorry I get confused as to what raises, and what lowers. And I've read so much on these forums my brain is on overload and I'm having trouble keeping it all straight.

a friend of mine uses pine needles to acidify his garden outdoors, i would consult a local nursery and see what they have that would acidify your soil more.

Was not going to post today but I think I see some new things. Here are some pics

The SFV looks fine, but the plants near her have little bites taken out of them.

See, it looks like new growth. I tried to get pics from many angles. I ended up not tying her down because she's situated in such a way that right now the sun hits all her leaves as it rotates over her. Didn't water her, beacause the ground still feels very slightly wet. Figure I'll wait until morning now.

ah yes. Thank you again KingJohn. It's been hotter than hell here, so I have not done much in the way of gardening. Did take some new pics though. She's getting taller everyday now.

check these out...

thankfully she seems fine despite the heat. This is all so fascinating! I can't wait to see what happens next...

2013-08-27_Garden_008.JPG
2013-08-27_Garden_007.JPG
2013-08-27_Garden_005.JPG

Have not posted for some time. Last time I tried posting these pics it wouldn't work. Well, I think we're coming to the end here... I have cut one bud off and am drying it. Cannot find my magnifying glass.

She never got much taller. And I wish I knew anything about harvesting. This is the bud I clipped off and am drying. It's got little leaves growing now too.

P1670652.JPG
P1670650.JPG
P1670648.JPG

to harvest you need a pair of comfortable scissors, I recommend a pair of Fiskars Micro-Tip Pruning Snip. start by cutting the branches off one at a time. you want to pull off any fan leaves and then trim back the sugar leaves so they are even with the bud. I use a collapsible drying rack but you can string up some line and hang up the branches to dry in the dark. as the buds dry over days check how stiffly they are attached to the branch. when your buds are just dry enough so the stem snaps when bent cut them off and place them into whatever storage containers you have. each day open the jars and place the buds in a bowl for at least 15 minutes per day to air out, repeat this for 2 weeks and your buds should be ready.

FISKARS | Micro-Tip Pruning Snip | Home Depot Canada

Thanks so much King John! I read all there was to read about harvesting and was completely confused. Your instructions are great. Very clear and helpful!

Subscribed, if you can use the zoom on your camera to get in really close on the buds, we will be able to help you determine when to harvest. Like this
20130816_184214.jpg
20130816_184327.jpg

Back
Top Bottom