Mobile App: Photo Uploading Issue & Website Upgrades

Yes she is a "Tortured" Soul. LOL
Yes she is a "Tortured" Soul. LOL

Err... HE, lol, I'm a guy. But I do tend to b!tch and moan from time to time, so I can understand the confusion.

I didn't subscribe to all of them yesterday ;) . I joined the forum somewhere around seven years (& two weeks) ago. Even with some time off to go hide under a rock, threads add up.

1. there is currently limits on numbers of images per post and characters per post. Images are limited to 20 per post and characters are limited to 10000 per post (TS! what will you doo!! o_O;)).

Learn to write Twit-sized posts, lol? No... Probably not. I used to break my posts at a previous forum down into 20,000-character sections until the admin there realized why and removed the limit. I can always do that here, so I'm not really bothered by a limit. Wait - 10,000-character limit?

most peoples avatars look pixelated/blurry.

I noticed mine got degraded. I just assume the new software "optimized" it in order to meet some new, more restrictive size limit.

Can we remove the tag under every photo in a post (that has the name of the user and the time they uploaded it)? (Maybe others will like it, maybe it's just a preference thing. It seems to interrupt the image flow though)

I can see the point of ensuring that images are credited to the uploader. But, then again, I think I might have read something once about all image content that gets uploaded to the forum becoming property of the forum (or its owner), so that doesn't seem all that important.

I see your point about it being sort of annoying. Although I haven't figured out whether it's annoying me because it's actually annoying, lol - or because it's just different than it was. I do not suffer non-positive change easily, so my brain tends to ask, "What is the benefit?" and, if it cannot come up with an answer, goes off and sulks.

BtW:

seeing as we seem to be using this thread to share little issues we're coming across
Starting a new thread here for new forums/gallery reports and discussions Brand New Forums & Gallery

Not on my screen -no three dots to be seen- but thanks for the reply.
What browser on what mobile device are you using? (God I miss the emojis!)
I think it only appears as an option in chrome. I just checked safari and can’t see a way to do it there. I know the mods say the whole site prefers Chrome ...

I just checked safari and can’t see a way to do it there.

How to request the desktop version of a website in mobile Safari
  1. Visit the affected site in Safari.
  2. Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar.
  3. Tap Request Desktop Site.
  4. The website will then reload as its desktop version.
Now HtH do I turn off email notifications? Not for subscribed threads (I don't get email notifications for those), but for everything else? Or did they stop with the forum switch?

There's no option I can see for desktop

found it!

Now HtH do I turn off email notifications? Not for subscribed threads (I don't get email notifications for those), but for everything else? Or did they stop with the forum switch?

A work around may be to "unwatch" thread and then "watch" it again this time choosing the no email notification. I am only guessing as I haven't attempted it.

EDIT: The work around did seem to work, also found one for removing tags from photos but it is a bit of a process. you can see that here if interested Remove tags from photos post

Thanks

That’s in the preferences section, available under the alerts pull down. (Thanks Graytail)

Just had the first (of many, I'm sure :rolleyes: ) confused moment, when I clicked on the Quote button and it turned out to be a multi-quote thing instead of setting up a quoted reply. Reply does that. I guess I usually quote someone when replying in a thread, so... Whatever.

That’s in the preferences section, available under the alerts pull down. (Thanks Graytail)

Thank you both. I found it. due to your directions. Had yet another moment of frustration, when I actually got to that preferences page and scrolled down until I saw:
Alert preferences
...since whoever set this thing up decided to make all links GREEN, so I sat here for a little while, repeatedly attempting to click on that, waiting... trying to click on it, waiting... trying to click on it, waiting... until I finally realized that it wasn't, in fact, a link to a different page and tried scrolling down some more. THEN I found the rest of the settings on that page.

I turned off likes, pokes, prods, and every other thing I could think of other than things that actually have some kind of substance (people quote me in a post, send me a PM, some clown decides to stalk me on the forum, that kind of thing). Then I turned off all .SIG displaying, since they're now way too hard to read. I also made sure that the only emails I'm getting from the forum is Rob's monthly newsletter, emails from the forum staff/admin/owner, and notifications of new PMs. Those seem to be the default, now, which is sensible (IMHO).

That should allow me to use my Notifications whatzit to bring up some of my subscribed threads that have new activity. Since I cannot figure out how to just land on a page that lists my subscribed threads with new activity in the way that I could simply visit my User CP page previously. That'll have to do until I figure out how the f*ck to get to the subscribed threads list (yes, yes, I had it earlier after WAAAAAAAAAAY too many minutes of trying to find it on my own and someone telling me, but this thing is so f*cking unintuitive that I've forgotten again. God help the elderly cannabis consumers who stumble into it.) or else get tired of trying to fish, at midnight, during a new moon, when it's cloudy, whilst wearing a blindfold.

Steady the ship there TS!
Under the 420 Forums menu item (in desktop view), there is links to Watched threads and Watched forums. On mobile device (in mobile view) get to it via the menu icon (3 lines) top left (sometimes you have to scroll the page down a bit to get the menu bars to display), then under Forums you get the same links. Nighty night o_O

TorturedSoul said:
Visit the affected site in Safari.
Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar.
Tap Request Desktop Site.
The website will then reload as its desktop version.

That's really cool. I did not know that. Thanks.

Edit - not sure it's doing anything - but cool nonetheless. Mainly I just wanted to know there is hope for a desktop option and it sounds like there is so - good enough for me.
Sort of looks like the whole format is just much more akin to a 'mobile view' style.

Interesting Indeed

I do like the cleanliness off the layout so far
I had found my threads on the Phone version, on my PC now, Gallery was abit to figure out, but did that, META tags is a big issue but im sure it will be fix as a priority

Clicking to RECENT posts in a thread is a challenge, havent figured that out yet

Since we are creating a THANKS button, How about an FU button...LOL

Yes we MUST have our Emoji's back

I assume Titles will return soon too, some apear to not Show, Like SweetSue, she has like 20 dosent she

Ill find some more things as I surf today, hmmmmm do we still get Spammers????

TorturedSoul said:
Visit the affected site in Safari.
Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar.
Tap Request Desktop Site.
The website will then reload as its desktop version.

Edit - not sure it's doing anything - but cool nonetheless. Mainly I just wanted to know there is hope for a desktop option and it sounds like there is so - good enough for me.
Sort of looks like the whole format is just much more akin to a 'mobile view' style.

Thanks

Steady the ship there TS!

I chose to go to bed. My frustration was building in a direct relationship to my exhaustion level.

Under the 420 Forums menu item (in desktop view), there is links to Watched threads and Watched forums.

I'm definitely writing it down THIS TIME. Thank you.

I just assumed it'd work. I do not have an Apple device or Safari web browser. But I can type "how to request the desktop version of a web page in Safari" into a search engine, lol.

BtW, if anyone is wondering, I finally figured out how to actually get into a reply box after you've used the multi-quote (called simply "Quote" here, which is - of course - confusing) function to mark multiple posts. No, clicking/tapping on the "Reply" link on the last post that you marked does not do it. You have to go down to the bottom of the page and hit the link called "Insert quotes..." And just to warn you, you'll most likely end up with one of the pop-ups that this forum's developer seems to be in love with, this one to have you select which of the posts that you marked to quote... you actually want to quote. IDK, lol, maybe the guy walked into a McDonalds one morning, ordered a cup of coffee, and the person behind the counter responded with, "Great, that's one cup of coffee. Now... what would you actually like to order?" and instead of turning around and walking out, he somehow thought this was a great way to act or something. But I would be perfectly willing to give up any one of a number of imaginary fortunes if it gave me a way to Just. Turn. All. Of. These. Many. Many. MANY. Pop-ups. OFF!!! They're really not even .0001% as cute as the developer seems to think, IMHO. But, far more to the point, they turn a simple thing (reading and posting on the forum) into something that is overly - and quite unnecessarily - complicated. It's like having to jump through 23 different hoops (after somehow figuring out how to jump through them) just to read a book, lol. If the act of reading a book was actually like that, there wouldn't be a reason to have public libraries any more - because no one would ever wander in to check out a book.

Hey all -
Interesting Indeed

I do like the cleanliness off the layout so far
I had found my threads on the Phone version, on my PC now, Gallery was abit to figure out, but did that, META tags is a big issue but im sure it will be fix as a priority

Clicking to RECENT posts in a thread is a challenge, havent figured that out yet

Since we are creating a THANKS button, How about an FU button...LOL

Yes we MUST have our Emoji's back

I assume Titles will return soon too, some apear to not Show, Like SweetSue, she has like 20 dosent she

Ill find some more things as I surf today, hmmmmm do we still get Spammers????

I saw some bots listed on the current user page yesterday (can’t remember where I got to that from tho!!)

You know there’s a new dedicated thread for new platform feedback right?
New forums and gallery

I’ve assumed the ‘jump to new’ button doesn’t work because this platform has no history, and doesn’t have the ‘memory’ of the old platform.

Back
Top Bottom