Moby Dick XXL: All leaves no bud!

Ganja Goose

Grew a couple of autos in the my flower tent along side a few photoperiods. I had read that running the autos under a 12/12 light cycle could possibly impact yield but I had the space in the tent so I gave it a try. The Blue Dream auto (Original Kush Seeds) faired quite well and I will probably yield an ounce and a half from her. My Moby Dick XXL (Dinafem seeds) however looks like she is going to yield nothing! She is in about day 34 of flower from what I can tell, day 82 in total, and she has super small buds in a mass of sugar leaves. Grew her in promix, fed with AN, and in 3 gallon pots. Maybe some strains handle the 12 hours of light better than others. Ever see anything like this?

GG

Moby XXL Jan 16 2021.jpg

Dont believe that hype. Autos are nutsy and 12/12 is not going to help it. Were these in the shadow of other bigger plants? How did you sprout them, in the bag or a solo cup? They dont do well with late transplants, after 21 days from sprout they need to be in final pot and that late might even get them flowering early and throw it out of veg into flower before you get any stretch. These, are not looking good. I'm not the leading expert on these, I've given you information I've gathered here after reading for days. I went online and researched ruderalis and its growth patterns and where it comes from. They dont have the same characteristics of growing that photos do. Sometimes exposed to as much as 20 hours a day for the most Northern ones and a very short cycle compared to photos. The mix with photo genetics can get them doing some weird stuff if they are stressed. I hope you get something but honestly it looks like a waste of time. If you need the space put something new in there and get rid of it or shove it in the corner and abuse it like a red headed step child lol GG

Thanks for responding @SoGnotSOG321

Maybe it will be a mystery for awhile. All I know is that she continues to grow little buds all over the place . Part of me wants to chop her down and move on, but I think we are going to let her keep on going and see what it ends up doing.

It's almost like she grew a massive amount of sugar leaves and then started bud production again. I'm sure that doesn't even make sense in the plant world, but it sure is interesting to look at. Wonder if an auto can go into veg again regardless of the light pattern?

GG

Right off you can tell it’s a mutant. Fresh pistols still... let her grow.

Extra extra leafy for sure @Weaselcracker. I wish I knew exactly what was going on, but if these leafy colas and new bud growth decide they want to grow into something, it's gonna be big. It kinda looks right now like its spinning its wheels but the fresh growth continues. I included a picture of the entire tent so you can see just how big those leafy colas are in comparison.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

GG

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

Update on the Moby Extra Extra leafy.........

In week 13 for her and she looks like she just finished flowering. She has what could be a couple of water bottle size colas. Not sure if I should expect nothing or a half pound lol

For now, she continues to sit in the corner of the tent feeding like a monster........

GG

Moby1 Jan 27 2021.jpg

Moby2 Jan 27 2021.jpg

Moby3 Jan 27 2021.jpg

You think she looks like she might produce @Spitz? I almost got rid of her in the beginning weeks when she failed to grow at the same rate as the others. She was a tiny spindly looking thing. Maybe @AdaminCO was right and she is some kind of mutant strain. It'll be a total of 18 weeks by the time she is done. Not much auto in this auto perhaps.

GG

Well I've harvested my grow - all except the Extra Leafy Moby auto who continues to progress slowly in her corner. I think we are in 15 now and she continue to sit in the corner and gets fed a few times a week. I even started a new grow, switching the lights back to 18/12 the other day. Hoping this doesn't negatively impact her even more but can't sit around and wait for her

Her pistols are turning brown and she continues to chug along. Even see a bit of trichome production.

GG

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

Ya I'm going to give her a little bit more time to do something and then it might be time for her to give up her seat in the tent.

Back
Top Bottom