Mocha makes easy ISO-WAX for dabs

Okay, a little pictorial on how to make ISO-WAX.
The first things you will need are...

1. 91% Isopropal rubbing alcohol...(keep in freezer)
  2. Mesh coffee filter
  3. Paper Coffee filters...some say use brown unbleached rather than bleached
white ones...I find no difference in either other than the unbleached
are more expensive. Your choice.
  1. 2 liter bottle of pop
  2. 1 Mason jar
  3. @ least a quarter oz of bud "broken up"..."NOT GROUND UP"...(1/4oz=1+grams)
(keep in freezer in jar for 24hrs)
  1. 9" x 13" glass Pyrex cake pan
  2. 6" clip on desk fan...make sure it's dust free as it will be blowing on the
mix to help evaporation.

Let's go...

First of all make sure you have good ventilation in the room you're making the
ISO in..it is flammable and produces fumes. I'm doing this in my garage,
with exhaust fans running.

I keep my bottle/s of rubbing alcohol in the freezer, along with the bud I'm
using, already "broken up" and in a mason jar/s for 24hrs.

The 2 liter pop bottle will have to be emptied and cleaned. Cut the top off the
2 liter bottle leaving enough of the top to make a funnel to fit a coffee filter
in. The bottom will be used for the mesh filter (it fits perfectly)
1739084Cake pan...filters...mesh filter...mason jars...2 liter pop bottle w/top cut off...1739086........

17390881/4oz bud frozen in mason jar for 24hrs...173908991% Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)

1739093Fill jar to top off MJ put lid on and shake for 30 seconds...1739097Pour mix through mesh filter into pop bottle...
1739100You may need to tilt and push aside MJ to help drain (over the pop bottle...unlike this pic :rofl:)

1739102Not so good looking ...yet...we have to wash it 1739116Place the top of the pop bottle, now your funnel in the mason jar and put a coffee filter in it, now pour what's in the bottom into the filter top

1739105In one pass (wash) I have the color I want. Sometimes if I use "good" trim it takes 2 passes to get the color.

Then just pour into cake pan and put fan blowing directly on it, to help dissipate the fumes, and to help evaporate the liquid.

Which will apparently be in the second post...I can only add 10 files to a post :rolleyes:

Okay I'm back :ciao: and it's all done :popcorn:...it goes through stages as it dries...so now that I'm awake:nomo:

here's the rest of the pics:cheesygrinsmiley:

1739359 Eeww o_O getting there...I thought I fucked up the first time I saw this :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

1739360 Starting to see something :popcorn:

1739361 Mmmm..looks like honey :hug: :slide:

Close-up....:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake: ...I ended up getting just over 2 grams of dabs...from 11 grams of bottom bud/fluff :snowboating:

Nice! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I've met a lot of people, mostly on the growing side, that keep their process under lock-and-key (stuff like what they mix together for their soil, etc.) Don't get me wrong, I get why they do it and I'm not complaining. I just like to say thanks when someone's willing to share their processes with the community. Can't wait to get a little more comfortable with concentrates and try this out for myself. Thanks again!

Nice! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I've met a lot of people, mostly on the growing side, that keep their process under lock-and-key (stuff like what they mix together for their soil, etc.) Don't get me wrong, I get why they do it and I'm not complaining. I just like to say thanks when someone's willing to share their processes with the community. Can't wait to get a little more comfortable with concentrates and try this out for myself. Thanks again!
Your very welcome G...and yeah I can't stand people who think their shit don't stink...you can't take it with ya.................A very wise man once said...Pass on what you have learned...I think it was Yoda in Empire Strikes Back :rofl::laugh:
Peace Buddy

I have bought "budder" to use in gummies, could this end product work the same way? And..would it have to be described?
Yes absolutely but as mentioned it has to be decarboxylated to be added to edibles, makes excellent cookies :thumb:
I have some single, and dual coil vape pens made for wax :volcano-smiley:

Nice write up Mocha. I’ll be giving this a go with my bottom nugs once my SBR is done.

I've made this many times but always used 99% alcohol if you use 91% what's the other 9%?
Just more evaporation time, and the 99% is behind the counter here, gota show ID:hmmmm:
Also when using 99% alcohol you can have the finished product come out just like shatter.
If you run it through the filters twice it will be shatter :thumb:

@MochaBud you don’t do business with Larry Byrd from the show Ozark do you? :rofl:

Well, that's nice :hmmmm: but I don't live in C'ehN'ehD'eh :ciao: so it would be one hell of a drive from Missouri :laugh:
I got that joke spelling of Canada from some friends who used to live there...ya they went back recently for a visit, they didn't bring back any 99% ISO, but they got me this :rofl:
059.jpg
@MochaBud you don’t do business with Larry Byrd from the show Ozark do you? :rofl:
I can neither confirm nor deny this :rofl::rofl::popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom