MochaBud's First Ever Grow Journal: White Widow In Organic Soil 2019

Well I'm keeping this journal mainly for myself. I thought it a good idea to have somewhere I can keep track of my progress/mistakes, and mistakes abound when you break the cardinal rule.
1) Never tell anyone you grow, not even friends.
2) Never put un-quarantined clones/babies in your veg room/closet/tent..........

Well needless to say I fucked up, and broke them both. But the 2nd is the doozy. I gave a friend a couple clones and a bean...he proceeds to put the clones in Miracle Grow o_O Yeah I know :rolleyes: ....the real kicker is after I told him not too, he sticks his bean in MG also o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
So what does my stupid, knows better ass do...offers to take them back and nurse them to health...
Well long story short, they're infested with gnats, I FUCKING HATE BUGS!!!
So needless to say I'm having to pull drastic measures out of my hat...not only to save these babies but cleaning out my closet...and then disinfect my entire house... :rip::rip::rip:....fuck me :eek:

Well I'm keeping this journal mainly for myself. I thought it a good idea to have somewhere I can keep track of my progress/mistakes, and mistakes abound when you break the cardinal rule.
1) Never tell anyone you grow, not even friends.
2) Never put un-quarantined clones/babies in your veg room/closet/tent..........

Well needless to say I fucked up, and broke them both. But the 2nd is the doozy. I gave a friend a couple clones and a bean...he proceeds to put the clones in Miracle Grow o_O Yeah I know :rolleyes: ....the real kicker is after I told him not too, he sticks his bean in MG also o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
So what does my stupid, knows better ass do...offers to take them back and nurse them to health...
Well long story short, they're infested with gnats, I FUCKING HATE BUGS!!!
So needless to say I'm having to pull drastic measures out of my hat...not only to save these babies but cleaning out my closet...and then disinfect my entire house... :rip::rip::rip:....fuck me :eek:
Oh man. That sucks. I would put some shredded mulch as a top layer of your pots. That should help too. Non treated or painted of coarse. Good for your organic microlife too.

Oh man. That sucks. I would put some shredded mulch as a top layer of your pots. That should help too. Non treated or painted of coarse. Good for your organic microlife too.
Thanks fanleaf, I thought about all types of shit to do, but settled on this....
gnat control.JPG

I took the first option of 5 million for $36, it covers a 1,600 ft area...all organic and guaranteed to not harm my soil and to kill all bugs listed...by infecting them with a deadly virus...sounds like a bond movie...I hope this works, never used them before, but hey who knows, I may have found the perfect weapon against bugs in organic soil...we'll see cuz they're on the way as I speak...If anyone is interested here's the link....

NemAttack™ - Sf Beneficial Nematodes

10.JPG

Thanks fanleaf, I thought about all types of shit to do, but settled on this....
gnat control.JPG

I took the first option of 5 million for $36, it covers a 1,600 ft area...all organic and guaranteed to not harm my soil and to kill all bugs listed...by infecting them with a deadly virus...sounds like a bond movie...I hope this works, never used them before, but hey who knows, I may have found the perfect weapon against bugs in organic soil...we'll see cuz they're on the way as I speak...If anyone is interested here's the link....
NemAttack™ - Sf Beneficial Nematodes
10.JPG
Nematodes are great for soil.

That's what they're saying...I've never heard of them before this afternoon.
In organic grows they are a very important part of a living soil. If they are taken care of (kept aluve) along with all of the other microbes and fungi that is the key to a successful organic living soil grow.

Okay, so nothing really new, except they're both healthy and happy :yummy: but 1 seems to be growing a little faster than the other, and the bigger 1 also has 5 & 7 leaves already, while the other only has 3 & 5...thoughts???
Different pheno types? :hmmmm:
Ones a male? :oops:
There both males? o_O
I don't know WTF I'm doing and should give up? :rofl:
Okay...well anyway here's some pics for today.......
003.jpg
004.jpg
006.jpg

And am I just high or does this ice puddle look like a frigin' giant eye? ................Oh well, peace and thanks for looking :ciao:
002.jpg
That's pretty freaking awesome....

In organic grows they are a very important part of a living soil. If they are taken care of (kept aluve) along with all of the other microbes and fungi that is the key to a successful organic living soil grow.
Well I do all organic now with FFHF as my base, and all I do is dump it, amend it, cook it, and reuse it...So bear with me here, I've been growing for a bit with organics, but don't claim to know everything...so what you're saying is my compost bin could already have some of these in there?..because they occur naturally?

Well I do all organic now with FFHF as my base, and all I do is dump it, amend it, cook it, and reuse it...So bear with me here, I've been growing for a bit with organics, but don't claim to know everything...so what you're saying is my compost bin could already have some of these in there?..because they occur naturally?
Yes, and if you brew teas for your grows that is another way of introducing them into the soil.

This is also why I brought up the idea of adding mulch. Here is a paragraph I just ran across 2 seconds ago lol

Some free-living species play an important role in controlling pathogenic fungi. Others consume protozoa, while still others target other nematodes of both the beneficial free-living and plant-parasitic type. Some attack insects and are used for biological pest control. They enter the host as juveniles and develop and feed in the host.

Mulch
We still have much to learn about no-till farming and the role of surface mulch. However, it would be fairly safe to say that surface mulch not only improves the organic status of the soil, but hosts larger numbers of beneficial nematodes.

Most of the nematodes concentrate in the rhizosphere (close to the roots), as discussed in a previous article, because the plant feeds the bacteria with sugary exudates. The bacteria then proliferate and provide food for free-living nematodes. Early in my career, I was taught to rest the soil by letting it lie fallow. Now researchers are finding that, with continuous cropping, we provide resources for the micro-organism complex, which in turn benefits the soil and crops.

Trust me, I'm no Organics expert either LOL. I have been reading extensively on true living organic soil grows though and just finished a wonderful book on the subject. Getting ready to start a grow soon with a whole different style of organic growing than most.

This is also why I brought up the idea of adding mulch. Here is a paragraph I just ran across 2 seconds ago lol

Some free-living species play an important role in controlling pathogenic fungi. Others consume protozoa, while still others target other nematodes of both the beneficial free-living and plant-parasitic type. Some attack insects and are used for biological pest control. They enter the host as juveniles and develop and feed in the host.

Mulch
We still have much to learn about no-till farming and the role of surface mulch. However, it would be fairly safe to say that surface mulch not only improves the organic status of the soil, but hosts larger numbers of beneficial nematodes.

Most of the nematodes concentrate in the rhizosphere (close to the roots), as discussed in a previous article, because the plant feeds the bacteria with sugary exudates. The bacteria then proliferate and provide food for free-living nematodes. Early in my career, I was taught to rest the soil by letting it lie fallow. Now researchers are finding that, with continuous cropping, we provide resources for the micro-organism complex, which in turn benefits the soil and crops.
Awesome brother, another thing I didn't know...seems I've learned a lot in the last few days that I didn't know about my soil...Thank you for all the info, apparently I have more reading to do :reading420magazine:

Trust me, I'm no Organics expert either LOL. I have been reading extensively on true living organic soil grows though and just finished a wonderful book on the subject. Getting ready to start a grow soon with a whole different style of organic growing than most.
I would like to set in on it if you don't mind...and BTW, I started stalking you...lol...:popcorn::popcorn:

I would like to set in on it if you don't mind...and BTW, I started stalking you...lol...:popcorn::popcorn:
Sure thing. I'll be getting the soil cooking asap. I want to start the journal when I'm ready to pop the seeds. I am going to be sure to document and picture how the soil is built and what amendments are put in it before it starts cooking. That way when I start the journal I can post all of that information and then get right into the grow.

Okay, so I have bugs, thanks B*&%ly!!!...No prob @fanleaf just settled my nerves and calmed me down with some much needed info.......

So on to day 19 of my little girls lives, they are looking like they're ready to out grow their pots already (1/3 gal pots after solo cups)...In a couple days they'll go into 1 gal pots...
001.jpg

Sure thing. I'll be getting the soil cooking asap. I want to start the journal when I'm ready to pop the seeds. I am going to be sure to document and picture how the soil is built and what amendments are put in it before it starts cooking. That way when I start the journal I can post all of that information and then get right into the grow.
I can't wait, always ready to learn something new :reading420magazine:...and I learned so much already in the last few days, I feel like I worried about nothing now...I always wondered why I didn't have bugs, now I know...oh well, they're on their way so maybe I'll take some of those critters to my friends house too :rofl::rofl::laugh::laugh::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom