Moderator Elections 2007

DanknBeyond said:
^ post count isn't a good basis however, because some posts really have nothing to do with this site, or cultivation in general.

but it helps weed out trolls and generally shows commitment to the community

thats what i mean.

4iLLEsT2bTCH0 said:
all im going to say is no im not going to do anything... it doesnt matter how long you have been here for... some of these people have been members of this site for years but have NEVER posted until now, in this election thread. bc they want a shot at the positions. i dont think its right. there are some people who have only been here for months and their post counts are in the thousands, that shows how active they are in this community. that shows that they CARE about this cause and they want to help people. they are the ones who deserve these positions, not the people who only want the title under their name to change.

Just because someone doesn't have a high post count or they dont post daily doesn't mean they aren't any less involved in this site or in the marijuana movement. Whilst i do not frequent this site as much as i would like, i am still very much interested and involved in the marijuana movement and in this site. For all we know some of these people could be very active marijuana proponets who are looking to get involved, just through a new avenue. So instead of highlighting their post count, their join date or their percieved social bearings in relation to this site - could we perhaps just give them a chance...you never know, they might just have a lot to offer to this site.

^^you said it akorn. but seriously im not trying to "descriminate" against these people and im not saying post count makes the final decision, but regardless what they do in their lives outside 420, how is anyone here supposed to kno of this if they dont put themselves out there on this site and SHOW people that they care about 420 magazine and that they want to spread the awareness. i dont make the decisions here but if i was the creator of this wonderful site, i definately wouldnt be giving positions to people who were on this site for a long time and never posted a single thing until something is mentioned about getting a position here.

Back
Top Bottom