Moderator Elections - September 2007

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
All 420 Magazine members are invited to submit nominations for election to the positions of:

News Hawk: Do you have an interest in 420 related news? Do you like sailing the web looking for 420 related news articles? Do you want to help bring cannabis and hemp awareness to the world? Then this position is for you!

Grow Support: Do you love growing marijuana? Do you love talking about growing marijuana? Do you have a history of successful grows? Do you like helping new growers to achieve success with their grows? Then this position is for you!

Lounge Mods: Do you have a broad range of knowledge about cannabis? Do you like interacting with members from all over the world? Do you like reasoned debate and spirited posting? Then this position is for you.

Medical Mod: Do you use medical marijuana? Do you have a good broad knowledge of medical marijuana laws in the US, or an interest to find out? Are you a compassionate person? Then this position is for you!

All members are welcome to either nominate themselves, or make nominations in support of another member.

These positions are vital to the efficient running of our site. They require energy and commitment, and a strong belief in the ethos of bringing cannabis and hemp awareness to the world. The positions involve trust and dedication. They require you to commit time on a regular and on-going basis.
Leave your egos at home folks, cos there aint room nor time to deal with primmadonnas. We have a mission to concentrate on.

I look forward to seeing members step up for these tasks.

Please post here why you should be considered, and what qualities you feel you can bring to our energetic management team.

Re: Moderator Elections

Itd be nice, but Ive given up on that dream ya know?

Why would you say that bro? The info I see that you give out to others about growing is pretty sound.
You seem well respected in our little grow community and you have been a member long enough. Don't be negative and pm me. I happen to like you.

I would like to nominate myself for a medical marijuana moderator to your forum because when getting her degree as a paralegal my wife did her 1st year thesis on medical marijuana with my help in finding articles for her thesis. Also, I have been using medical marijuana since I was diagnosed with PTSD by VA doctors due to my survival of a head-on collision and surviving a collision at sea in 1975.

Thankx, Ricky HEMPhill

Ricky, if you can establish a history of posting here, and your posts reflect your skills, I would think you would be a serious candidate. The medical marijuana lounge has needed a mod for a while, but any input you can have to update, educate, participate etc, as a member, would be greatly appreciated. We have many mmj members and "new blood" to the forum is always welcome.
Thanks for your nomination. I'm sure the boss will see your expression of interest as pleasing.

Got a couple Q's moose...

1. How are the new mods going to be decided?

2. Is this set-up like a general election?

Thanks
Once all nominations are in a determination will be made whether an election is necessary, or whether one candidate or more deserve selection. This is a very interesting process for us as we can see where initiative rests among our members. We need energetic and excited mods. Does that help?

Good luck to everybody runnin.

Could only dream of being a lounge mod. Guess I haven't been here long enough for that one though.

Good luck to all!

Me too, guess i'll have to wait for next year's election. I should be among the site elite by then. lol
:bong::robgriffin: all day

As a former Moderator myself, I'd just like to lend my support to all those applying for positions... Good Luck to you all!
:bong:

I would nominate myself for resident antagonist, but that doesn't seem to be a mod position :)

I'd really really like to be a mod, but I sincerely think I don't have the time to commit to it and there are other people around who do have the time who are just as qualified.

I nominate RooRman for Grow Support. He knows whats up.

I prefer when people apply for the position themselves, I only want people who really want it and is willing to do the work and enjoy it. Its actually hard to call it work. Grow support participates with Q and A in the grow section to stimulate interaction in the grow room. They also help bring in new info to the grow room. Grow support is different than moderating, there is no admin, just growers helping growers. Qualities I like. The person has to be a grower and a good member. Wants to learn and teach, has a friendly charactor. I also prefer pot smokers, just because I seem to get along with them better.

shavluk, you asked to be a mod in the last election, yet you haven't made any posts on the site whatsoever, until these mod positions open... we need you to become part of our community first... thanks for the offer, hopefully by next election, you will have contributed something so we can get a feel for who you are and what you are about and how you handle your business...;)

a phone call will accomplish nothing, how am i supposed to judge your qualifications from your sales pitch over the phone?
i've been doing this full time for 14 years and finally have a method to avoid wasting very valuable time.
nobody ever said anything about being a post whore...
if you have thousands of posts out there, make a hundred here so we can see how you communicate, interact and handle situations...
nobody asked you to preach to anyone...
if you decide to drop the sarcastic, negative attitude and actually contribute something to our mission in the future, we welcome you with open arms...

seconded

my country currently suffers from official who merely claimed to have the experience needed, with little to support it.

Back
Top Bottom