Moderngroroom Soil Critical Purple Northern Lights Grow Journal

lets be totally clear what we are looking at, and get a light measurements at the top of the canopy for each of the grow locations. I am suspecting more light being seen in the reflective tent, but lets see.
35 inch from the bulbs to the top of the tallest cola.

no... not what I meant, although that does seem to be very excessive. I mean a light meter reading... Do you have a lux meter or at least a cell phone app where the two can be compared?
No i dont ill look for the cell phone app

no... not what I meant, although that does seem to be very excessive. I mean a light meter reading... Do you have a lux meter or at least a cell phone app where the two can be compared?
5200 lux is what im getting

10,200 lux in the middle

265 PPFD in the middle of the canopy at 35 inch

so one is getting a whole lot more light than the other. which one is which?
All those numbers are for the tent where im having problems 55ppfd in the room that is doing fine 4800lux

ok, we have it figured then. The room where things are fine is enjoying 55 ppfd. The tent with the problems is getting 265 ppfd, even at 35 inches.

Clearly the tent plants are getting way more light, and they are working way more harder. They need more nutes than they are getting. The ones in the 55 ppfd are cruising right along, with less light, enjoying the nutes they are getting because they are not working nearly as hard. Increase feed in the tent with all the light... keep it the same in the other area.

ok, we have it figured then. The room where things are fine is enjoying 55 ppfd. The tent with the problems is getting 265 ppfd, even at 35 inches.

Clearly the tent plants are getting way more light, and they are working way more harder. They need more nutes than they are getting. The ones in the 55 ppfd are cruising right along, with less light, enjoying the nutes they are getting because they are not working nearly as hard. Increase feed in the tent with all the light... keep it the same in the other area.
Yeah that’s exactly what is going on, never thought of that.. its done it to my girls everytime in that tent. Even when i had the optic 4 in there it did the same thing burn my leafs. You can go back in look for the past 4 grows in the tent it’s happened every time. So up my feeding and it should be fine?

Im also going to buy a light meter thanks for the help so much.. i learned alot in just a little bit of time. I guess its the reflecting material that is causing the more light intensity? Been fighting this problem for 4/5 grows

Im also going to buy a light meter thanks for the help so much.. i learned alot in just a little bit of time. I guess its the reflecting material that is causing the more light intensity? Been fighting this problem for 4/5 grows
I see this happening in my bloom room. It is a large 6'x14' room, mostly covered in reflective mylar. I have noticed that plants that sit in the back row, where the 3 walls closely surround them, always do better than the plants in the front row, closest to the open rest of the room. It is such a dramatic difference that I am strongly considering a reflective mylar room divider, to give that front row an artificial reflective wall.

Yeah that’s exactly what is going on, never thought of that.. its done it to my girls everytime in that tent. Even when i had the optic 4 in there it did the same thing burn my leafs. You can go back in look for the past 4 grows in the tent it’s happened every time. So up my feeding and it should be fine?
or balance out the lighting a bit better... you are looking at a 4:1 difference.

I see this happening in my bloom room. It is a large 6'x14' room, mostly covered in reflective mylar. I have noticed that plants that sit in the back row, where the 3 walls closely surround them, always do better than the plants in the front row, closest to the open rest of the room. It is such a dramatic difference that I am strongly considering a reflective mylar room divider, to give that front row an artificial reflective wall.
Yeah same on mine to the 2 back plants do better then plants in the front

What do you all think about UVB lights.. do they work or are they just a waste of money.
I believe that at this moment in time, we do not know how to properly use UV light. I am going to experiment with adding UV only around the noon hour, matching the peak we see in nature around the same time. I further believe that adding UV to a light system that runs it full time, is detrimental to the grow.

I believe that at this moment in time, we do not know how to properly use UV light. I am going to experiment with adding UV only around the noon hour, matching the peak we see in nature around the same time. I further believe that adding UV to a light system that runs it full time, is detrimental to the grow.
Ok im going to buy 2 of them. Is california works a good brand? Which one did you buy?

Back
Top Bottom