Modest Grower Goes Perpetual

Hey @HunterNitro I missed when you asked what week of flower the ladies are on. They are at 44 days. They are supposed to go anywhere from 8 to ten weeks. I think two more and the lemon cheese will be chopped. I'm hoping Blue dream will be ready soon after as well

To be honest though, when the ac is installed and odor is under control (hopefully it is now) I can be more patient and let them tell me when they are ready. I'm not looking to go real amber though

Did you yell back, “dangerously cheesy?” Haha
That had me rolling this morning. :rofl:
Haha glad you liked that. I tread lightly on that front with my wife. We take a don't ask don't tell approach to growing. She knows I smoke and I've made CBD honey and oil for her and my dog but no discussion of growing occurs. She saw me order everything and plant peppers and tomatoes other than that she chalks the smell up to an occasional joint as I do a good job keeping the odor down.

I envy those who have a more open approach with their signi6other but I love my wife and can tell she prefers this for now (I think?)

Hey @The Phantom it's not much but these are my flowering/producing peps. A variety from spicy as hell to bell. I have a few others that will likely finish inside this fall/pre winter. I'm a newbie on peps.

20200621_200820.jpg

Looking tasty, I’m still plucking away the flowers mine are throwing right now. They just started a week ago. I’ll probably keep picking them off for the next month to keep the plants bushing up. For the 100 or so pepper seeds I started this spring I only have about 2 dozen plants. By far my worst germination rate, ever. The first two rounds I tried sprouting went bust and finally this last round I got less than a third to come up. Good thing Hatch, NM is a day trip away and come fall there’s plenty of people outside my local supermarkets selling those wonderful NM green chilies waiting to roast them on the spot for you.

I have no idea how a guy born and raised in the upper Midwest, where black pepper is consider a 10 on the spice scale, came to love spicy peppers and food but man I’m in heaven here with all the Mexican food. I’ve surprised a lot of my Hispanic coworkers with my ability to eat just as spicy or spicier food than them. I’ve eaten countless spicy red chili burros for free, they think the gringo can’t handle it and do it as a joke. Haha, jokes on them, I just got a free lunch of one of my favorite foods.

Haha same here! I too am MN or midwest born and raised gringo (MN my whole life). And I always have loved to keep climbing the heat levels. When I was in the oil boom in ND the sheetrocking crew hooked me up with their hot sauces and laughed saying maniana (spelling? Spanish for tomorrow) they thought I would die but I always loved the heat. Once you get used to the burn you enjoy the flavors that are hidden

Sí, mañana. Mine were the concrete crews at the construction company I worked for, one crew was made up of 30 guys that were either brothers, cousins, uncles or a combination of the three. Crazy guys, but once you ate a few of the spicy lunches they tried to kill you with without breaking a sweat, you were family. Next thing I knew I was spending Friday’s after work with them at their places drinking Tecate, eating mesquite grilled carne asada, and cracking jokes in Spanish. It was really welcoming having no family here at all to just be openly accepted like that.

I might have to ship you some hatch chilies come winter. It’s my favorite time of the year, not because of the holidays but because of all the tamales being made. Which reminds me of a joke the guys used to tell me all the time about tamales and Xmas but I’ll keep it to myself because coming from a gringo it may seem offensive to some.

Sí, mañana. Mine were the concrete crews at the construction company I worked for, one crew was made up of 30 guys that were either brothers, cousins, uncles or a combination of the three. Crazy guys, but once you ate a few of the spicy lunches they tried to kill you with without breaking a sweat, you were family. Next thing I knew I was spending Friday’s after work with them at their places drinking Tecate, eating mesquite grilled carne asada, and cracking jokes in Spanish. It was really welcoming having no family here at all to just be openly accepted like that.

I might have to ship you some hatch chilies come winter. It’s my favorite time of the year, not because of the holidays but because of all the tamales being made. Which reminds me of a joke the guys used to tell me all the time about tamales and Xmas but I’ll keep it to myself because coming from a gringo it may seem offensive to some.
The dirt crew I was apart of drove home every weekend and I ended up chilling with the sheetrock crew, my neighbors, and my friends. They were tons of fun.

Franco's lemon cheese is getting real close. Maybe this weekend but I want to harvest the Blue dream at the same time and she's just a bit behind. Here's the lemon cheese. The lighting is bad but I liked how the sugar looked.

20200625_181423.jpg

Lighting bad , looks like a eye candy photo !
Excellent work with the grow .
Haha thanks! It means a lot. I just meant the red spectrum was cranked on the Kind LED in the background and people usually like closer to natural light as opposed to blurple. Anyways, I'm so excited to see how it smokes and presses. Thanks again for the kind words and stopping by!

Haha thanks! It means a lot. I just meant the red spectrum was cranked on the Kind LED in the background and people usually like closer to natural light as opposed to blurple. Anyways, I'm so excited to see how it smokes and presses. Thanks again for the kind words and stopping by!
I have the kind burple light also . They gave me a hard time to on my pics . Are you going to cut the blue back to 80% the last two weeks?

Back
Top Bottom