Modest Grower Tests Out Mars Hydro's FC6500

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Just a couple shots I took when I peeked into the tent this morning. I need to tie up some of the colas on the plant that is slightly more sativa. Loving the frost.

20211017_100133.jpg
20211017_100624.jpg
20211017_100519.jpg
Very nice looks amazing

The ladies are looking awesome @Modest Grower I just read through your journal, congrats on the win I also just won the same light lol, already got some great info and will be following your progress, I am super pumped to get this light.
Congrats on the win! This light is awesome and I'm sure you will love it

You going to smoosh this brother Modest
You know it. I will probably smash most of it and then use the pucks for oil. I'm loving my vaporizer rig for the rosin. I still have to use my hashbags but like you said, the press is so easy and I love the result

You know it. I will probably smash most of it and then use the pucks for oil. I'm loving my vaporizer rig for the rosin. I still have to use my hashbags but like you said, the press is so easy and I love the result
I don't know why but that cola looks stinky , very cloudy you are getting close

You know it. I will probably smash most of it and then use the pucks for oil.

Could you explain what you mean by "use the pucks for oil"? What kind of oil? I assume the pucks are the leftover plant material after making the rosin.

I'm loving my vaporizer rig for the rosin. I still have to use my hashbags but like you said, the press is so easy and I love the result

What vaporizer rig? I haven't made rosin yet because I'm not sure how to use it. And, what are hash bags? Do you mean the variable micron bubble hash bags?

Hey @HashGirl great questions! Sometimes I just ramble on here and leave out useful details.

The pucks are the left over plant material from pressing rosin as you mentioned. I take those and then decarb them in the oven I think at about 240F for 30 min (id have to double check that tho but around there). Then, I put them in coconut or MCT oil in a crockpot on low over night. After straining or removing the pucks, you have great oil to add to coffee or cook with. Basically, oil for edibles.

My hash bag comment was a little off topic but I bought a set of screens to make bubble hash but haven't used them yet. Yeah, the micron bags. I have 5 for 5gallon buckets. I saved trim from the gsc harvest so I may do it after the cherry pie harvest with all my trim.

The vaporizer rig I bought is a focus V, I think by Carta. It runs on rechargeable batteries (also removable if they need to be replaced) and I use it to vaporize the rosin.

here's what the pucks look like
20211025_143155.jpg
20211016_130542.jpg

Here is my vaporizer
20211012_211028.jpg

Hey @HashGirl great questions! Sometimes I just ramble on here and leave out useful details.

The pucks are the left over plant material from pressing rosin as you mentioned. I take those and then decarb them in the oven I think at about 240F for 30 min (id have to double check that tho but around there). Then, I put them in coconut or MCT oil in a crockpot on low over night. After straining or removing the pucks, you have great oil to add to coffee or cook with. Basically, oil for edibles.

My hash bag comment was a little off topic but I bought a set of screens to make bubble hash but haven't used them yet. Yeah, the micron bags. I have 5 for 5gallon buckets. I saved trim from the gsc harvest so I may do it after the cherry pie harvest with all my trim.

The vaporizer rig I bought is a focus V, I think by Carta. It runs on rechargeable batteries (also removable if they need to be replaced) and I use it to vaporize the rosin.

here's what the pucks look like
20211025_143155.jpg
20211016_130542.jpg

Here is my vaporizer
20211012_211028.jpg
You've got me so stoked on pressing! Nice rig by the way :drool:

thanks @Rexer I am loving my press and the rig, such smooth hits and amazing flavor! I also noticed I don't get any anxiety when vaping rosin which is incredible. As I've gotten older, I have been getting high levels of anxiety from smoking flower but I don't notice it at all with rosin and I can get way more high if I want to

Loving the finishing touches. Probably not a popular opinion around here (maybe?) But I'm basically trimming as I see fit until harvest on Thursday.

20211030_162615.jpg
20211030_162604.jpg
20211030_162552.jpg
20211030_162539.jpg
20211030_162401.jpg
Well arent those pretty flowers?

Love the bowl of Froot Loops colors.

These ladies could have gone longer but I have to leave town so it was time. Full disclosure, I ran into a few issues towards the end as seen by the leaves but these buds are looking great. Love the @Mars Hydro FC6500 and look at the trichomes we got under it.

More to come!

20211103_214501.jpg
20211103_214457.jpg
20211103_220108.jpg

Gorgeous!

Have a great trip! I'll be sending positive thoughts towards Calgary that all will be well in your garden while you're away.

Thanks @HashGirl. For anyone who follows my other journal some of those plants will be moved to this tent when I get back. First to collect pollen and then I will likely move one or two females over to this tent to make space and flower those out. Either way, this light will continue to be a valued asset in my garden

looks amazing
Thank you @Mars Hydro I cannot say thank you enough, I absolutely love my new light!!! I also got to see my first mars hydro light that was featured in the post that led to me winning the FC6500 and I am happy to say it is being put to great use growing much needed medicine for my dad.

Thank you @Mars Hydro I cannot say thank you enough, I absolutely love my new light!!! I also got to see my first mars hydro light that was featured in the post that led to me winning the FC6500 and I am happy to say it is being put to great use growing much needed medicine for my dad.
You deserve good lights to grow better crops

Back
Top Bottom