Modest Grower Tests Out Mars Hydro's FC6500

Modest Grower

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

I am so excited to say that I recently won the Mars Hydro FC6500 and it was delivered to me extremely fast to my place in Canada.

I will post more information on the FC6500 throughout this journal but if you are looking for a light for a 4x4 or 5x5 area or multiple for larger spaces, check out the links

I wanted to start with my first impressions: as I said, delivery was extremely fast and the light was definitely packaged well for transport.

The light itself looks to be of very high quality and to be honest just has a really cool sleek look about it. One of my favorite things I noticed right away is the driver is not initially attached to the light (although it can be attached) and comes with a really long cord from the driver to the light for tons of options mounting the driver outside of your tent which is what I am doing.

After running it for 24+ hours both on full blast as a test and maybe 50% for veg as I am easing my plants into it, the light and the driver maintain surprisingly low temps. I'll have more data on that as we go forward but for now it is safe to say this light runs cooler than I expected.

Hanging up the light by myself was fairly easy as their are four mounting points which I attached pulley/ratchets to. Two pulleys are provided with cables but I added two of my own to have full adjustability.

I have the light in a 4x4 which in my opinion, it fits perfectly. Wall to wall coverage without a doubt. One cool feature is the diode spacing. On the edges of the bars the diodes are actually clustered closer to ensure even light distribution even to the edges

My plans for this journal are to run this light through multiple grows and showcase it at all stages of growth. I am starting off with Cherry Pie plants in 7 gallon fabric pots of soil. I am going to let these veg out for a bit to fill in the netting and grow horizontal before switching to flower in maybe a week or two. These ladies were originally started under a very weak light so I am cautiously keeping an eye on the % of power and height of the light early on.

The next grow will be grand daddy purple and somango (from regular seeds). I will try and be patient and start them from seed under this light to show the light at all stages.

I cannot say thank you enough @Mars Hydro and anyone who stops by to check out this light! If anyone has questions, let me know!

Here is the set up as of last night:
20210812_233251.jpg

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

I am so excited to say that I recently won the Mars Hydro FC6500 and it was delivered to me extremely fast to my place in Canada.

I will post more information on the FC6500 throughout this journal but if you are looking for a light for a 4x4 or 5x5 area or multiple for larger spaces, check out the links

I wanted to start with my first impressions: as I said, delivery was extremely fast and the light was definitely packaged well for transport.

The light itself looks to be of very high quality and to be honest just has a really cool sleek look about it. One of my favorite things I noticed right away is the driver is not initially attached to the light (although it can be attached) and comes with a really long cord from the driver to the light for tons of options mounting the driver outside of your tent which is what I am doing.

After running it for 24+ hours both on full blast as a test and maybe 50% for veg as I am easing my plants into it, the light and the driver maintain surprisingly low temps. I'll have more data on that as we go forward but for now it is safe to say this light runs cooler than I expected.

Hanging up the light by myself was fairly easy as their are four mounting points which I attached pulley/ratchets to. Two pulleys are provided with cables but I added two of my own to have full adjustability.

I have the light in a 4x4 which in my opinion, it fits perfectly. Wall to wall coverage without a doubt. One cool feature is the diode spacing. On the edges of the bars the diodes are actually clustered closer to ensure even light distribution even to the edges

My plans for this journal are to run this light through multiple grows and showcase it at all stages of growth. I am starting off with Cherry Pie plants in 7 gallon fabric pots of soil. I am going to let these veg out for a bit to fill in the netting and grow horizontal before switching to flower in maybe a week or two. These ladies were originally started under a very weak light so I am cautiously keeping an eye on the % of power and height of the light early on.

The next grow will be grand daddy purple and somango (from regular seeds). I will try and be patient and start them from seed under this light to show the light at all stages.

I cannot say thank you enough @Mars Hydro and anyone who stops by to check out this light! If anyone has questions, let me know!

Here is the set up as of last night:
20210812_233251.jpg
That tent looks bigger than my flat in that photo

That tent looks bigger than my flat in that photo
You remind me of one of my UK buddies with that comment! Its a 4x4 (feet) which I am very fortunate to have space for in my at home office. Just hope we don't have too many video conference calls... hey whats that giant thing behind you???

Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by!

It is not uncommon for me to open the tent after a smoke and stare at my plants a bit but the last two days, I have definitely been looking at the light more than the plants.

In one of my zoned out sessions I realized another thing I love about the light is how thin it is from the diodes to the top of the light. The thickness combined with low temps makes me feel like I will always have plenty of vertical space.

I still have to install the exhaust fan and put in a couple for circulation but I love how little space the light takes up while simultaneously going from corner to corner. the cord also lines up perfectly with a duct hole in the tent on the left for a nice clean set up

20210813_174352.jpg

Happy Sunday! The plants seem to be adjusting to this light with no issue despite it being significantly stronger than what they were originally under. The adjustability has been helpful in that regard and as well to keep temps down during another heat wave.

I am heading out to get some fans today for circulation but I think I can get away with waiting to use my exhaust fan from another tent that is approaching harvest. I'll keep my eyes on the temp but as of now, the high has been 80F so I have no concerns.
20210815_094656.jpg

Tent temps are holding at about 80 but I did open the door slightly as I don't currently have an exhaust fan running. I have two bus driver fans clipped on. One is pulling through the passive vent at the bottom and the other is blowing across the canopy and sucking from outside the open door.

@HashFart I was going to buy one of those fans at the CTIRE place but I stopped by the local shop and had to support the guy. Ended up with all sorts of goodies for growing.

One other thing I remembered is the box the FC6500 light came in was discreet. No information that would reveal the contents. I like that.

20210815_175157.jpg

Tent temps are holding at about 80 but I did open the door slightly as I don't currently have an exhaust fan running. I have two bus driver fans clipped on. One is pulling through the passive vent at the bottom and the other is blowing across the canopy and sucking from outside the open door.

@HashFart I was going to buy one of those fans at the CTIRE place but I stopped by the local shop and had to support the guy. Ended up with all sorts of goodies for growing.

One other thing I remembered is the box the FC6500 light came in was discreet. No information that would reveal the contents. I like that.

20210815_175157.jpg
Congratulations on the win Modest. That light looks perfect in the 4X4. Great setup you have there. I just won the drawing for the FC 3000 and am looking forward to using it.

Happy Monday and thank you for stopping by everyone! Congrats on the win @stinker I'll definitely follow along when you start your journal.

Hey @adamrt I also have 2 of the 4x2 tents that are 5 feet high. They are really nice for limited spaces while still being able to grow a decent amount of top shelf bud. Once you do get a 4x4 you'll have the perfect veg and flower set up in my opinion.

Happy Monday everyone! I am still in love with this light and its difficult for me to not include one shot of it in each post.

20210816_172346.jpg

So for today's observation, I must say it is nice being able to take pictures from above. This picture was actually taken from above the light. Today its a picture but tomorrow it may be adjusting the net or removing a leaf. The fact that this thing takes up almost no vertical space and is low heat means I have a ton of room to do with it what I will.
20210816_172427.jpg

Happy Friday 420 friends! Its been one week since I started using this light and I am still as in love with it as day 1. I have been increasing the power little by little and I am up to about 60% I still have not added the exhaust fan and have not had temps above 80 yet which is awesome!

I think tonight, I will shut the light off at 7pm and flip to 12/12. I could maybe keep going in veg but I think I should get a lot flipping today and I want a little more breathing room this grow after I ran tight on space during my last grow. Ladies seem happy to me! I guess I need to check the light with a level and adjust it a bit today but no issues and easy fix. It looks more dramatic in the picture than reality as I think I also took the picture crooked.

Have a great weekend everyone.

20210820_122129.jpg
20210820_122143.jpg

Congrats on your light win, Modest! The light looks amazing in your tent. I bought the FC3000, which is great but it doesn't have light from wall to wall the way yours does. I really like the looks of yours.

Congrats on your light win, Modest! The light looks amazing in your tent. I bought the FC3000, which is great but it doesn't have light from wall to wall the way yours does. I really like the looks of yours.
Thank you @HashGirl I still cannot believe I won. This is by far the best thing I have ever won in my life. Looking at journals on here the FC series has really impressed me. I am amazed after setting it up. Can't wait to see some flowers! Happy Saturday

The ladies are loving the light! I am going to let them go a bit as they will vertically now and hopefully watch them stack up! They are in stretch and throwing pistils

20210828_214416.jpg
20210828_214437.jpg

Back
Top Bottom