Molasses during flowering

Indaking

Hello everyone
I was thinking about watering my girls with a molasses mixture. They're autos. About 3 weeks into flowering in soil. While I've done my fair share of reading, alot of articles go too deep with information.
I don't really care about the science. I'm a retired engineer, not a chemist.
All I want to know is the amount of molasses to add to warm water. How often to water them with this solution.
Should I still use my bi weekly feeding of blossom nutes and only use the molasses mixture on straight watering days.
I'm not going to start getting bat guano or other supplements to mix in. Just straight unsulphered black strap molasses.
Thanks in advance

My guess would be no more than 1 tablespoon would do per gallon however I have seen 2 per gallon. I would always aire on the light side. Usually molasses is used for feeding microlife. I see you are growing in soil but what nutes are you using? I ask because if they are synthetics then you likely have no active microlife in your soil to feed on the molasses and convert it for the plant however there are tons of minerals in it that are great to add.

Thanks
I'm going to try it.
Now I need to know if I feed them the molasses concoction when I would normally just water?
Should I still be using the 1-4-0 nutes as per normal?
Here's a few shots of them I took today
20190118_155419.jpg
20190118_155630.jpg

I use 1tbs per gallon all through flower, but lately I've been using brown sugar.
How’s that working - know a lot of ppl who run molasses but I’ve heard of ppl using sugar packets with great success, but never tried it. Is that having measurable or *close enough* results to major sugars blends like carboload or raw (or anything similar) if you’ve used those?

How’s that working - know a lot of ppl who run molasses but I’ve heard of ppl using sugar packets with great success, but never tried it. Is that having measurable or *close enough* results to major sugars blends like carboload or raw (or anything similar) if you’ve used those?
Molasses contains sugar and other carbs + many many minerals that plain sugar doesn't. Molasses even has Calcium and Magnesium as well as iron, potassium and sulfur.

Molasses contains sugar and other carbs + many many minerals that plain sugar doesn't. Molasses even has Calcium and Magnesium as well as iron, potassium and sulfur.
Yeah I know, I’m all about molasses, but wondering how his runs with brown sugar stack up (especially against expensive sugar nutes) if he’s compared. I’ve heard more than one good grower talk about raw sugar, but haven’t tried it myself. Also, very nice profile photo, reminds me of Dynasty Genetic plants - was that one of their diesels?

Yeah I know, I’m all about molasses, but wondering how his runs with brown sugar stack up (especially against expensive sugar nutes) if he’s compared. I’ve heard more than one good grower talk about raw sugar, but haven’t tried it myself. Also, very nice profile photo, reminds me of Dynasty Genetic plants - was that one of their diesels?
Thanks! Shes a pretty girl. That's a Cali Connection Purple Diesel that I just chopped this week. She was big.

I have used everything in the advanced nute line and will continue with the brown sugar. Its a little trick I learned from a really old school grower in the hills of Mendo. Here's my most recent harvest Alien Og by Cali Connection. No veg nutes only used AN sensi bloom A&B for nutes and brown sugar. A couple days before the chop.
20190104_071155.jpg
20190104_071126.jpg

Oh, that Alien OG is beautiful! That's on my to-grow list.
Indaking, what strain is that? Looks that is going to be a nice yield.
Fanleaf, I'm still mad at you. I saw that "6 plant 4 strain" journal of yours, and that well thought out grow room build. You've cost me even more money! Nice job on that room.

Do it shes easy to grow and potent as hell, my 70yr old grow buddy tried some. Said he couldnt even stand after smoking and it dropped his blood sugar down to 80. He says shes just a bit much for him lol.

Oh, that Alien OG is beautiful! That's on my to-grow list.
Indaking, what strain is that? Looks that is going to be a nice yield.
Fanleaf, I'm still mad at you. I saw that "6 plant 4 strain" journal of yours, and that well thought out grow room build. You've cost me even more money! Nice job on that room.

The top pic is early miss autoflower from crop king seeds. The bottom pic is Blueberry autoflower form Canada seed. I also have a chronic photo from rare earth seed on the go and she looks beautiful. Just waiting for it to flower so I can flip the lights to 12/12.

I have used everything in the advanced nute line and will continue with the brown sugar. Its a little trick I learned from a really old school grower in the hills of Mendo. Here's my most recent harvest Alien Og by Cali Connection. No veg nutes only used AN sensi bloom A&B for nutes and brown sugar. A couple days before the chop.
20190104_071155.jpg
20190104_071126.jpg
Oh hell yeah, now we’re talking. That’s a banger, man. Love to talk with you more about that trick, offline perhaps, as I’m in the phase right now where it would be beneficial to understand. May have a reciprocal root trick to share as well. I just started week 2 flower (first RDWC grow, not first ever grow), added carboload last week as the first dose of sugar - I haven’t used it before but frankly I’d rather just use sugar and save the spend LOL.
5E8F4D05-E843-41E4-AA75-0CCAD360F5FF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom