molasses/karo

sully508

hi. i got a grow going and started using molasses and high frutose corn syrup.
how much per gallon of h2o do i use? also do we use molasses for the sweetening or for the cal/mag?. also the karo. if anybody could give some info on these it would greatly appreciated. this my first grow using these.
im still a newbie and learn everything, thanks to the awesome people at 420.
ive been adding orange juice(no pulp). due to its vitamin b content and sweetness. is that ok to do every 3-4 waterings. its been so far so good but still not sure.
thank you.:thanks:

It's my understanding that the molasses is given the last few weeks to make it produce more resin and sweeten the bud. Never heard of using Karo. I have never used o.j. myself but have read in here that it's not a great idea, too acidic. Sorry I couldn't be more help but I'm sure someone will jump on these questions soon. Good luck to ya.

hi. i got a grow going and started using molasses and high frutose corn syrup.
how much per gallon of h2o do i use? also do we use molasses for the sweetening or for the cal/mag?. also the karo. if anybody could give some info on these it would greatly appreciated. this my first grow using these.
im still a newbie and learn everything, thanks to the awesome people at 420.
ive been adding orange juice(no pulp). due to its vitamin b content and sweetness. is that ok to do every 3-4 waterings. its been so far so good but still not sure.
thank you.:thanks:

Forget the karo and the oj. The oj is too acidic and the karo too refined.

You want unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses ~1 tbls/gallon. Get it at the grocery store where it is ~$2/bottle rather than $10+ at the hydro shops.

It neither sweetens nor increases resin production, at least not directly. This is a misconception. It feeds the soil, not the plant.

What it DOES do, is feeds the mycorrhizae in the soil that enables the roots to better absorb and take up nutrients. Adding mycorrhizae to your medium also helps tremendously and cuts down on the amount of nutes needed.

It does add cal/mag, but in my mix at least, it is not enough by itself. You may or may not need to add more.

I use it throughout the grow along with soluble mycorrhizae in my mix. You only need to add the mycorrhizae once at the beginning and feed it with the molasses. Easy and it works. Check out fungi.com for mycorrhizae at low cost.

DD

thank you guys for helping me out. i saw someone use it in their journal.
the karo that is.
no more karo.
i have brer rabbit blackstrap, unsulphered 12oz. wow thats awesome.
i got it for 1.99 at the supermarket.
im in my 2nd week of flowering and using tiger bloom/w spray n grow micro nutes. and neptune fish and seaweed.also GH nectar sweetner. i

thank you :rollit:

thanks hogdady
i didnt realize how beneficial molasses was.
ive been in 12/12 for 2 weeks now.
bring on the molasses. 1 tsp. per gallon= sticky buds

thanks hogdady
i didnt realize how beneficial molasses was.
ive been in 12/12 for 2 weeks now.
bring on the molasses. 1 tsp. per gallon= sticky buds

i've never used it either but i'm gonna use it on my current gro (link below)

Back
Top Bottom