Molasses with other nutes

NCDude

Ok, I've been using OC+ for the past year or so. It suits me just fine. And, I use molasses. Someone gave me a sample of Bud Candy, and some Dyna-Gro.

Should I mix molasses with these 'bud enhancers' ? When I first started, I used some other nuits, and guess I over did it, but no burn with OC+ and molasses.

Should I use the Dyna-Gro also?

Thanks

Re: Molasses with other nuits?

Dyna grow what? The gro, veg, mag or wha sorry. I like there stuff but dint use the silica unless you use it at the right time you'll have probs. The bud candy is goood it has liquid carbo loader in it (sugar) same lime molases. I lime atomic nutes has bomb shit called atomic brix

I recommend just sticking to molasses and no Bud Candy or vice versa.

If you'd like to utilize both of what you have, I would recommend using Bud Candy solo on some, Molasses solo on some, and mixed together on some. Then report your results.

I've always known Black Strap Molasses to be 1 TBSP per gallon.

I'm not incredibly familiar with OC+ however I always recommend folks to stick with ferts within our industry, just my opinion.

If you do go with the Dyna-Gro Bloom I wouldn't use the OC+ unless perhaps you do another variations of what I mentioned with molasses & Bud Candy.

First question I would ask is, what type of grow are you doing? If hydro other than DWC do not use molasses. If you're in soil and you have given your soil a shot of beneficial fungus and bacteria then molasses should be fine. If you're in hempy using perlite I would stay away from it.

Molasses is there to feed the beneficials in your soil/media. The bennies in turn break down the nutrients and make them more bio-available to the roots. If you don't have bennies, don't use molasses. You will be inviting a whole host of problems if you do.

If you don't have bennies and are looking for a bud sweetener try one of the synthetics like bud candy, sweet, sugaree etc...

I would ask Corey from BPN for his opinion as well. He is a sponsor on the site and holds a Masters Degree in plant Science from Texas A&M, so I would think he is a pretty good resource for our members. (Corey, if I have your credentials wrong please advise).

Good advice Steve. Molasses is used to feed microbes in soil as well as provide some nutrients. Don't use in hydroponics as the results can be mixed and you will most likely have a mess. Hydro needs to be sterile for best results.....imo.

Ok, thanks guys....I should have said I was growing in soil.
I would ask Corey from BPN for his opinion as well. He is a sponsor on the site and holds a Masters Degree in plant Science from Texas A&M, so I would think he is a pretty good resource for our members. (Corey, if I have your credentials wrong please advise).

Is Corey a member here? BPN?

Is Hydroplex considered a bloom enhancer? can it be used with Molasses?
Again, thanks to all

Ok, thanks guys....I should have said I was growing in soil.

Is Corey a member here? BPN?

Is Hydroplex considered a bloom enhancer? can it be used with Molasses?
Again, thanks to all
Corey is the owner of Blue Planet Nutrients, they're a sponsor and have been providing nute packages as part of the monthly contests.

Hydroplex is a Bloom Enhancer, you can also get BPN's Bloom Booster for about 1/4th the cost.

If you're in soil and you have given your soil a shot of beneficial fungus and bacteria then molasses should be fine. QUOTE]

hi SteveHman, I'm glad I read this before I used the blackstrap. Could you tell me some names of the bennies you're talking about? or should I just go with the synthetics to keep it simple? thx a mil.

If you're in soil there are several different brands of beneficial bacteria and fungi, I have used Great White in the past and will be giving Blue Planet Nutrients Root Magic a try on my next hempy grow. Most of the stuff out there is very expensive for what you actually get, at least with BPN you aren't overpaying for a product that is typically 95~98% filler material. (the same size container of Great White is $35, Root magic is $8).

Back
Top Bottom