Mold and hair not sure

Ik0yall

420 Member
So when I transplanted my clones I threw some Mykos in the whole before putting the clone in the new pot and a few days later I over fed with fish fertilizer then I noticed this mold on top and hairs coming out not sure if I should do a transplant and knock off the moldy dirt and put it into different soil and pot or leave it any help would be great

16195045808068222204985603736916.jpg

16195045919482536975252426701339.jpg

That's a fungus...probably because too much moisture...i would just remove top layer and give it some dry soil, With another transplant i think you will damage roots more

That is the natural soil fungal life at work. It is Mycelium doing its job of helping to breakdown the organic material. It belongs there. Most likely the reason you are seeing it on the surface is the extra moisture and the bonus of all the liuqid fish fertilizer.

Most likely it will go away in a few days as the soil surface dries out. Usually I just leave it there to do what it is supposed to do. On occasion I have just turned over the top inch of two of the soil and most of it is a bit deeper into the soil.

From the wiki page on the Mycelium:
Mycelia are vital in terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems for their role in the decomposition of plant material. They contribute to the organic fraction of soil, and their growth releases carbon dioxide back into the atmosphere (see carbon cycle). Ectomycorrhizal extramatrical mycelium, as well as the mycelium of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi, increase the efficiency of water and nutrient absorption of most plants and confers resistance to some plant pathogens. Mycelium is an important food source for many soil invertebrates.

No action is needed, the whispy white fuzz is a desirable trait and indicates micro life has been activated in that container.

- snip a few green fan leaves and roll them into a ball then bury them in an empty container of soil, add some water and see if you don’t have white fuzz in a day or two. Same thing happens if you lay a green leaf on top of the soil, in a few days the white fuzz should develop around the leaf.

Back
Top Bottom