Mold resistant strain / I've got one

Tecumseh

I'm posting this because someone else recently posted about a mold resistant strain disappointment. I have a strain that actually is quite resistant, to powder mold anyway. Unfortunately I'm not sure of the id of the strain. It was given to me as a seedling and id'd as Jack Herer. It doesn't look like photos of JH that I've seen so, I'm unsure. Anyway, I have this particular plant growing in the same 2' x 3' tent with a different strain that needs constant attention to get rid of powder mold. The mold resistant strain hasn't once exhibited any mold on any leaf. It's weird. It's good weird though since I have some clones from that plant just going into flower(12/12) today, as well as 2 little clones rooting for the next cycle. I haven't smoked any of this strain as the original plant is still about 3 weeks from harvest but, it has a humongous cola and is very sticky and stinky (it actually has a distinct onion-like fragrance).
So, I was wondering. Has anyone else come across a very mold resistant strain like mine? And, has anyone ever come across a strain with this pungent onion-like smell? Maybe the 2 things are linked. Perhaps the onion smell comes from some slightly altered chemical in the plant. I'm no horticulturist, I'm just guessing. Any input on this subject would be cool. I'd read it anyway.

Powdery mildew is a sign of high humidity & poor ventilation/air flow in the growing room/area !

Suitable ventilation & air flow should be provided to reduce risk of powdery mildew :thumb:

An extraction fan suitable to exchange air of 20 X volume of growing area per M3 a hour is good coupled with a passive intake vent !

6 inch fan or two depending on size of grow area to create air flow around canopy of plants is also advisable !

A dehumidifier might be required in high humidity parts fo the world !

Back
Top Bottom