420 Magazine Background

Mold right before harvest: Help!

Scrizzly

Hey guys, right before I just left for a appointment I was looking at my plants and noticed one of the buds have white mold growing on it.
At first I actually thought it was crystal but upon closer look I noticed it was mold unfortunately.

I just did a bit of research and it looks like it may be early sign of grey mold or bud rot. I planned on taking down my plants in 3 days but think I may take them all down tonight to prevent spreading and getting any worse.

My question is if I just cut off the infected areas and let the rest dry out as normal should I be safe? Or is the whole plants garbage. I don’t have any pictures yet but will soon once I get home.

I can’t risk smoking moody weed though as I’ve had a bad reaction in the past that made me need to be on multiple puffers for two months.

PhobosAnomaly

Photo of the Month: Jan 2018
What's your airflow like? Any fans blowing on the colas that are rotting?
I would cut out the rot or toss it. I wouldn't leave it alone though.

What is the room humidity like?
:eek:
Er'mah ghed. I was writing this when you added the pic.
I'm sorry for your loss.:sorry:

Aroxol

If you’re already seeing white my guess is the whole crop is shot. This is a nightmare many growers experience at least once. Crack open EVERY cola and if it’s brown/grey dump it. Not healthy to smoke or do anything with.

Not what you want to hear, but there’s no fixes for this one. Sorry man.

TheNuttyProfessor

you would be lucky to get a half ounce of that plant , id just start again , the humidity were these were must have been sky high , ive never seen buds so airy get rot/mold . i got some yesterday but my buds where fat and bulky . had to move the plant to a tent with dehumidifier and fan to extract , was one bud so i was lucky , its fucking breaks your heart getting rot
P1060930.JPG

Scrizzly

Hey guys little update. I chopped all my plants down last night. I found two plants that had one bud each that had some signs of mold. The other one wasn’t as obvious as this and was only noticeable when I opened up the bud.
The rest had zero signs of any bud rot.

I removed the infected areas and trimmed all the plants. The two plants that had bud rot I quarentined to dry while the others are drying together.

I think my problem was I stopped paying attention to humidity these last two weeks. Humidity was in proper levels for most of flower but must have spiked in last two weeks. Air flow was good, I have 4 fans plus a 8 inch air intake and 8 inch air output.

Good learning lesson for next run. Could have been worse I am glad I caught it in time.

Also: my camera doesn’t make it seem like a big bud and plants but that’s a 6 foot plant and the bud covered in mold was slightly thicker and longer than a gadorade bottle.

Top Bottom