mold?

xjackflashx

So I have had my babies in jars for going on three days now and when I went in and checked them this morning they looked as if they had been rolled in cotton balls....is this the evil mold starting to rear its ugly head.....So I went and opened them up and have them airing out....anything on this would be great and needed ASAP...

Re: ?mold?

hung em for 3 days and put em in jars just as the twigs were able to just about break....maybe i did it a lil too early?

Sounds like beensmokin has got you covered. It also sounds like you were on the right track, waiting until the stems snapped to cure and all.

If you open the jars periodically throughout the day and leave them open for a little while this will allow any water vapor to escape along with the gasses created by the curing process. It is also a good idea to "fluff" the buds to move the ones on the bottom closer to the top. This will help them cure evenly.

Mold is bad. If you have it you should not smoke it, however tempting or heartbreaking it may be.

thanks roor and beensmokin....so i have them spread out in a shoe box, so hopefully the mold will be killed off and the buds be saved...

I am sorry, nobody has broken the bad news to ya. The mold you have on the bud will not go away. You now have a bad stock of moldy buds.

Unfortunatly you cannot kill the mold. If you have it you must discard the buds. The "hyphae", which are the roots of the mold, extend far into the center of the infected areas and all throughout. Even if it looks like you have gotten rid of it on the surface it is still in fact there and permenant.

Some people would still smoke but not me. I think I am a pot snob.
A number of people swears its stronger moldy. It tastes like shit though and its not healthy. I am sorry Jack Flash, I wish I had bette rnews to tell ya but yes, most of your harvest is now trashed, I would try to seperate the best parts and iso hash the rest.

hash the rest you said?? The mold that i have looks like spider webs all over it and someone said to just pick it off and itll be a lil bit more harsh but still smoke....though im more of a pot snob my self...

Thats crazy, I just smoked some crudy regular shwag and im experiecing those exact syptoms, my eyes are even puffy and a bit swollen. I have no animals in my crib either! This has never happened, seriously.

I've been smoking plenty of this bud without any of these effects it only happened on the last bowl. What should I do?

Thats crazy, I just smoked some crudy regular shwag and im experiecing those exact syptoms, my eyes are even puffy and a bit swollen. I have no animals in my crib either! This has never happened, seriously.

I've been smoking plenty of this bud without any of these effects it only happened on the last bowl. What should I do?
If it only happened on the last bowl you should be ok. Hot steamy shower will alleviate symtoms.

Weird shit, really. I thought there was a cat in my house or something b/c the fur makes my eyes go nuts. I never would have known the weed could be the problem..... This weed is garbage, hard on the lungs and not potent enough for an every day smoker. Better than nothing though. :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom