Mold?

jebus2029

OK so I was going to cook up my trim and make some cookies but when i started mixing up the trim i saw a little mold in it. Right away I stopped and closed up the container it was in. Now I know i should just throw it away but i was wondering. If i went ahead and cooked it would it be safe? I know u should never smoke moldy cannabis but I've never heard anything about cooking with it, and there really isnt much mold in it. Just a little bit in the center of the trim. Will cooking it kill the mold and whatever bacteria is in it, or am i wasting my time?

errr i dont know too much about all that but ive never cooked moldy food just because. it does hurt to throw out weed but i think i would toss it to be safe.

Ok. The mold isnt dangerous on-cooked, by the way. You cook it in hot oil, into cannaoil or butter. You wont even notice it. The more mold there is, however, the less thc is left. The mold will break all of the dead leaf product down and you will lose the thc.

hey thanks greenhand i had no idea either.

Now, I'm hungry . . .

OK i cooked the cannabutter last night. It went for like 6 hours. The water got a little low in the water bath(my alarm didn't go off to refill it). But the water didn't evaporate from the butter bowl so it didn't burn or boil or anything. Once it cools im gonna make the cookies. I'll let u know tomorrow how they turned out.

I love the beautiful color of cannabutter. Cannabutter and some raw honey on a wheat cracker is excellent any time of the day.

Back
Top Bottom