Mold?

theno420

can som1 tell me what exactly mold looks like and will i be able to spot it right away while im curing? when i think mold i think green and so im sure this kind of mold isnt green at all huh? :peace: ;)

so if i see this white fluffy mold is the whole bud ruined or can i just cut it out/off of bud? i did see a small little area on a bud that had a lil bit of whitish color but it did not look like the mold from a strawberry or anything like that i've seen many strawberries like that~very nasty!! :peace: :grinjoint:

you can try to cut it out...but the spores are all over the place now anyhow...Never smoke moldy bud. If this is showing as you hung the weed, next time add more air circulation and keep the humidity down. Sounds like you started curing before it was ready.

so if i see this white fluffy mold is the whole bud ruined or can i just cut it out/off of bud? i did see a small little area on a bud that had a lil bit of whitish color but it did not look like the mold from a strawberry or anything like that i've seen many strawberries like that~very nasty!! :peace: :grinjoint:

There is a spray out there that is safe for use on vegetables but I'm not sure about smoking it. My memory is failing me but I think it is potassium carbonate and one of the products is called Green Cure. It basically explodes the mold spore on contact. You can also use baking soda and water or lemon juice and water. You want to change the environment that mold loves by raising the PH above or below neutral. Someone told me once that a sunlamp works but I've never tried that.
Good Luck!

If you have seen signs of mold already, you are going to have a battle on your hands... Make sure you clean and disinfect your containers. There are spores all over the place so anytime it gets moist again they will appear.. You should size the buds down to open them up a bit and to get rid of any spots that will hold moisture. You really have to keep an eye on them, it sucks to go through a full grow and then to lose your meds to mold. Cook it up..... :peace:

Back
Top Bottom